Player Discussion Cam Talbot (G)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If Talbot does well it will be interesting to see if he'd re-sign. He wanted out of Minny because Fleury replaced him as the starter. Will he be content splitting starts with Forsberg?

I think so yes. Fleury would have probably taken the majority of starts in Minny so this is a step up, and he could outplay Forsberg and become the #1 this year.

Reactions: Deku

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’ll admit to liking Gus.

There was a period of time where he looked like our best goalie and it wasn’t that long ago.

For a big guy, he’s very controlled and efficient in his movements and moved very smoothly around the crease.

I get that we have Sogaard and this provides some veteran support to Forsberg, but I think the Wild got a solid goalie in return with a lot of potential.

He’s only 24.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Is Gustavsson any good?
Outside of a dozen games in the pandemic season, no. There is potential here, but he's wildly inconsistent. Has major confidence issues as well.

Hopefully he figures it out for you guys in Minny.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
This move makes a lot of sense.

Sens can’t afford another terrible start. They need reliable guys back there. Forsberg and Talbot gives them a credible 1-2 punch.

The team has never seemed enamoured with Gus. While I loved his movement in the net and legs, he seemed shaky mentally. The team seems to have tagged Sogaard as the guy of the future anyway.

Good move for Minny too. Move the more expensive backup and pick up a guy with talent who needs more seasoning to play behind Fleury.

Reactions: DrEasy and Yak

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
It feels strange seeing the Sens making all these moves recently. Usually we've been so mercurial with our dealings - it's nutty to see us making such a drastic overhaul like this. And free agency hasn't even opened yet.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Does Dorian slam the phone down after every successful trade call now and yell, "NOW THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT EUGENE...BOOM!"

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I’ll admit to liking Gus.

There was a period of time where he looked like our best goalie and it wasn’t that long ago.

For a big guy, he’s very controlled and efficient in his movements and moved very smoothly around the crease.

I get that we have Sogaard and this provides some veteran support to Forsberg, but I think the Wild got a solid goalie in return with a lot of potential.

He’s only 24.
I agree, he could be possibly the next Ben Bishop.

For the time being tho it gives us and Forsberg some experienced support to help share the load and if the boat starts rocking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad