Player Discussion Cam Talbot (G)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Far more likely that we actually have a significant UFA that appears to be interested in signing here, making it worth it to trade futures to clear cap and improve the team now to try to win.
I mean...possibly, but you don't start making smart, calculated moves like this out of the blue. I always assumed Melnyk was playing around, but this almost cements it.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I mean...possibly, but you don't start making smart, calculated moves like this out of the blue. I always assumed Melnyk was playing around, but this almost cements it.

You're reading into something that isn't there.

Dorion has had a heck of an off-season so far but let's not pretend he was some puppet and Melnyk was pulling his strings the whole time.

Don't let him off the hook for his terrible past moves. I'm hopeful that as he gets more experience he's improving.

Reactions: Yak

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Dorion has had a heck of an off-season so far but let's not pretend he was some puppet and Melnyk was pulling his strings the whole time.

Don't let him off the hook for his terrible past moves. I'm hopeful that as he gets more experience he's improving.

I think I'm known as a major Dorion critic on here but I am softening on him big time with all these stellar moves lol.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
What is going on!? Is PD speeding up a rebuild, retooling a team and going all in at the same time? Has a team, on a budget, done this before? I love the madness of it all.

Reactions: DrEasy

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Gus was pretty inconsistent and feels like his upward momentum had stalled a bit last season, good chance Sogaard would’ve passed him on the depth chart this year anyways. I don’t mind this move at all given Talbot is pretty cheap and just has a year left.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Is Gustavsson any good?

Definitely has potential, just very inconsistent. I'm still a fan, just not a good fit or environment next year when we're trying to make the playoffs and have another good G prospect down the line. End of Talbots contract will line up well with Soogard coming up

Reactions: DrEasy

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Yeah, I agree. I just can't understand where the night and day comes from.

But let's just be happy he doesn't suck as of the right meow.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
If Talbot does well it will be interesting to see if he'd re-sign. He wanted out of Minny because Fleury replaced him as the starter. Will he be content splitting starts with Forsberg?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad