Player Discussion Cam Talbot (G)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I feel a lot more confident in a Talbot-Forsberg tandem than I do in a Gustavsson-Forsberg tandem.

It's possible Gus could be the best of the three down the road, but he's got some consistency issues he needs to fix before that can happen.

Reactions: DrEasy and Deku

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This move definitely answers some questions going into the upcoming season regarding goaltending. I liked Gus, but from what I've seen of him, it would've been a gamble to go into an 82 game season with him as the backup. I feel so much more more comfortable with Forsberg and Talbot.

Reactions: Deku

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This is a fantastic trade. Gus was stagnating and was probably looking at a career backup role. Now we'll have true competition for the starter role with both Forsberg and Talbot getting equal share of games.

That aside, is Dorion doing speed now or something? :laugh:

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Goaltending is at such a low point it seems and we’re trying to actually elevate ourselves. I’m happy with the gusto going on here.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I guess we still have Sogaard and Merilainen as young goalies but I dislike trading Gus for what is basically an old backup.

Wrong. He is a starter. Not great, not bad. He is at his best when playing about 40-45 games in a season, IMO. That is not a backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emrasie and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad