C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
So, does he still suck? I watched him a lot in his D year, including playoffs. It was shocking and unreal that he was ever thought of as generational. I'm surprised he was even in the top 10. He was invisible. And that was with tons of ice time, PP1 time etc etc.

Reactions: Ceremony

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
So, does he still suck? I watched him a lot in his D year, including playoffs. It was shocking and unreal that he was ever thought of as generational. I'm surprised he was even in the top 10. He was invisible. And that was with tons of ice time, PP1 time etc etc.

You got some Cy Young stats with that 3000-200 post to like ratio. Should tell you how your takes are viewed.

• Wow
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005

Weird that a Canadiens fan would come in with a random hot take on Wright. "Gosh, guys, I'm just asking questions."

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
You got some Cy Young stats with that 3000-200 post to like ratio. Should tell you how your takes are viewed.

We didn't implement the like system until recently; although it's possible that someone could go back and like their older posts, in practice, it's rare that someone would do that.

Their so-called question on Wright is legitimately bad, of course.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Anyone remember how i was questioning his abilities and what not after his rookie season in the OHL,, how he hadn't developed further, developed basically at all..
when he was playing his 2nd OHL season in 21-22..

"Everyone" laughed at me and said i knew nothing...
and basically every thread i made about Shane Wright, whether it was comparing
him to other prospects or giving him criticism.. what ever,
those threads got closed (almost all of them) and i got trolling warnings...

Sure he IS 19 and STILL CAN make it big, but i guess it does not look good atm.

Reactions: LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Weird that a Canadiens fan would come in with a random hot take on Wright. "Gosh, guys, I'm just asking questions."
Sensitive? I don't need to justify to YOU why I'm posting. It's got nothing to do with being a Canadiens fan. If you go to the Benson thread, you'd see me gushing over him as I also watched him closely, and always thought he was an awesome player. But carry on...I certainly will.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Anyone remember how i was questioning his abilities and what not after his rookie season in the OHL,, how he hadn't developed further, developed basically at all..
when he was playing his 2nd OHL season in 21-22..

"Everyone" laughed at me and said i knew nothing...
and basically every thread i made about Shane Wright, whether it was comparing
him to other prospects or giving him criticism.. what ever,
those threads got closed (almost all of them) and i got trolling warnings...

Sure he IS 19 and STILL CAN make it big, but i guess it does not look good atm.
Yeah, I felt the same. I just wonder how even a layman like me could see clearly that this kid was no longer a blue-chip prospect. Hell, even Nazar who was picked 13th looked like a better bet than Wright. I mean, 3rd year of junior and the kid was lukewarm at best. And I watched most of the AHL playoffs last year with him on Coachella, and again, he was lukewarm at best. I mean two measly goals in 24 games for a so-called "sniper". It's gotta be one of the biggest falls from grace for a so-called generational prospect.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think there were obvious flaws/warts in his game that were possibly ignored due to exception status/prospect consensus. Many posters on this site discussed them and were sort of dismissed due to various factors. I think its in bad taste to come in here and say "I told you so" and there are ways to discuss the topic that some flaws were ignored without parading as if a failing prospect makes you happy.

At this point it is clear he hasn't developed as planned. That doesn't mean he can't still be an NHL player that helps a team win.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I think there were obvious flaws/warts in his game that were possibly ignored due to exception status/prospect consensus. Many posters on this site discussed them and were sort of dismissed due to various factors. I think its in bad taste to come in here and say "I told you so" and there are ways to discuss the topic that some flaws were ignored without parading as if a failing prospect makes you happy.

At this point it is clear he hasn't developed as planned. That doesn't mean he can't still be an NHL player that helps a team win.
Of course. He'll probably have to develop and hone a niche. Sort of like what Guy Carbonneau did. He too was a junior sensation scoring well over 100pts his last 2 years of junior. That didn't translate to an NHL top-6 role. But, he overcame it by morphing into one of the best defensive centers of his era.

Reactions: Ceremony

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Sensitive? I don't need to justify to YOU why I'm posting. It's got nothing to do with being a Canadiens fan. If you go to the Benson thread, you'd see me gushing over him as I also watched him closely, and always thought he was an awesome player. But carry on...I certainly will.
Agreed - you don’t need to justify it to me. Carry on with your honest, heartfelt questions.

Reactions: LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
There isn't much I could care less about. But I'll humour you. You realize there was likely no "like" feature for the majority of my posts...been here long before this particular software version of this board. And, I actually watched Wright play A LOT, you? I'm here to discuss hockey. Not engage in childish BS.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
There isn't much I could care less about. But I'll humour you. You realize there was likely no "like" feature for the majority of my posts...been here long before this particular software version of this board. And, I actually watched Wright play A LOT, you? I'm here to discuss hockey. Not engage in childish BS.
Mic-drop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

I can attest that before the like system was implemented, I "liked in my mind" a lot of posts that @LesCanadiens made. And now I've been trying to like as many posts as he makes to make up for it but it just takes awhile sometimes. Hence the reason he only has 200.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Some of us are just unappreciated in our own time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can attest that before the like system was implemented, I "liked in my mind" a lot of posts that @LesCanadiens made. And now I've been trying to like as many posts as he makes to make up for it but it just takes awhile sometimes. Hence the reason he only has 200.
I fear the moment they implement "hates".

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The biggest red flag for me on wright was that his face looks too much like drouin.

As a habs fan that was an easy pass

Reactions: Tanknation

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Okay continue to hijack prospect threads with things you don't care about with your hot stinky takes. Sounds good old man.

Get off my lawn.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Okay continue to hijack prospect threads with things you don't care about with your hot stinky takes. Sounds good old man.

Get off my lawn.
The beauty of irony: Your initial, very bad "hot take" post about my like count has ZERO likes. And my response to it has 5 likes. Since you seem to care so much about like counts...

Anyway, enough time wasted on you. You haven't made one hockey post in this thread since I made my post. So, clearly, YOU'RE the one hijacking this thread. So now off you go to my ignore list. Which is exactly where you should be. :nod:

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad