C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I had to check back a couple pages to see if Shane Wright did something in the last couple days to merit all this. Nope. He's played one game this year. It's just the usual folks who love to trash him and talk about how they were right all along. Take it from me, someone who has never been high on Wright, he's not that special for better or worse, he has some skill, he is developing, and he'll still probably be a good player when he matures, probably a 2C. There's no reason to go on and on about him.

This quote must have been on an odd day because nothing else fits with that expectation, Francis didn't give Wright a lineup spot and the coach never played him much. Just a few games on the 4th line. And this is Ron Francis who is if anything patient to a fault.

- His defensive play was horribly overrated and everyone who made Bergeron comparisons should be ashamed of themselves. Someone tell David St Louis.

- Wright is the opposite of a prima donna, he has lacked confidence since the covid year. He is too afraid to try things with the puck, will always make a quick pass unless there is no one to pass to. Doesn't command the puck at all. It's the biggest problem in his game.

- I'd be fine with it if he did something immature, he's a kid, if you've forgotten. But I don't think staring down the Habs draft table is anything to fuss over. Such a silly thing to focus on. Get over yourself.
Get over myself? Ah, Ok. Someone can't have an legitimate opinion without the snide remark. Ironic, maybe you should get over YOURself. It was a low-brow, classless thing to do. Especially when he kept it all going into the next couple days with really immature comments on social media. Lastly, it was very well known that he said some arrogant things during his combine interviews. So unless you're his psychologist and thus have a deeper insight into Shane Wright, then maybe you should really, really get over yourself.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Possibly. Looking at it further, it doesn't sound like the WHL will grant Matthew Savoie an exemption. I think his situation is slightly similar but not quite.
Wright also had 24GP in his D+1 due to injury.

That's the real exception I think. Giving him a year credit for COVID is something that can give anyone who really needs it. Wright getting unlucky and being 1 game short and having to come back for a 5th year despite his NHL team not wanting it is really weird. Most guys would just be doing the required 4th season, ages 16-19 instead of 15-19.

The uniqueness of it helps with the headache of other guys wanting exceptions (they haven't done 4 years) and giving in makes them look more player friendly which is big with the NCAA such an attractive option (and having dumb as hell rules that prevent the CHL working with them).

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Yeah, totally. I paid close attention to him for obvious reasons related to the Habs that draft year. I could not believe how poor his compete level was. He was a floater in the classical sense. Even though his coach in Kingston tried to justify his mediocre production by saying he was "paying attention to the fine details" (I paraphrase), hogwash. He wasn't even impressive defensively. His linemates glaringly outshone him.

When he was sent down to Coachella by the Kraken, I thought, OK. This is kick in the butt he will use to show why he was considered elite for most of his career...nope...2 measly goals in over 20 games in the playoffs. I watched all the streams I could for those games. He looked even less interested/intense than he did in junior. Screams prima-donna attitude to me.

Plus, I think he stopped developing. I recall a poster here from his hometown saying he'll be a bust (relatively speaking), because he only dominated for years because he matured physically prematurely, but then stopped suddenly while everyone else caught-up, and then passed him.

And considering his immature behavior after not being drafted 1st (both at the draft and in social media), I'm sure glad he's not on the Habs.

He has a decent IQ, so he may very well carve out a NHL career, I just don't see him in the top-6 on any half-decent team.
He should go in the Hall of Fame for causing supposedly mature adults to develop such inane hatred for a teenager over nothing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Get over myself? Ah, Ok. Someone can't have an legitimate opinion without the snide remark. Ironic, maybe you should get over YOURself. It was a low-brow, classless thing to do. Especially when he kept it all going into the next couple days with really immature comments on social media. Lastly, it was very well known that he said some arrogant things during his combine interviews. So unless you're his psychologist and thus have a deeper insight into Shane Wright, then maybe you should really, really get over yourself.

Classless comments on the internet is more damming at your age, not his. Let him grow up.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
I had to check back a couple pages to see if Shane Wright did something in the last couple days to merit all this. Nope. He's played one game this year. It's just the usual folks who love to trash him and talk about how they were right all along.

It's all fans from teams that passed over him (minus Coyotes), it's like they really need Wright to bust so they can feel justified. Michkov thread isn't a whole lot different from what i've seen, Habs are the common denominator there...

The Devils fan has like 20 posts about Wright in the past month, which is as far back as search goes, borderline disturbing level of obsession to prove that he is correct.

And the worst part is that we're a year into his professional development, whoever is right or wrong or wherever Wright's career ends up in the middle, we're still years away from being able to make that determination.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's all fans from teams that passed over him (minus Coyotes), it's like they really need Wright to bust so they can feel justified. Michkov thread isn't a whole lot different from what i've seen, Habs are the common denominator there...

The Devils fan has like 20 posts about Wright in the past month, which is as far back as search goes, borderline disturbing level of obsession to prove that he is correct.

And the worst part is that we're a year into his professional development, whoever is right or wrong or wherever Wright's career ends up in the middle, we're still years away from being able to make that determination.
Lol at thinking my fandom has anything to do with my comments about Wright. I've been consistent on this player since day 1. The majority of my posts in this thread are just in reply to other posters quoting me.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Lol at thinking my fandom has anything to do with my comments about Wright. I've been consistent on this player since day 1. The majority of my posts in this thread are just in reply to other posters quoting me.

Yes, we ALL know how you feel about him... yet you continue to post over and over and over and over about him. Hopefully you find some self awareness at some point.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
He should go in the Hall of Fame for causing supposedly mature adults to develop such inane hatred for a teenager over nothing.
Classless comments on the internet is more damming at your age, not his. Let him grow up.
So, being critical of a player's talent and/or character based on real facts is "classless"?. Gaslighting 101.

What is classless is making personal attacks because someone has a legitimate opinion that hurts your feelings. This isn't the "Only comments majormajor likes Shane Wright thread". Maybe YOU need to grow up and debate the points instead of making personal attacks because you don't like said points. PS: You don't dictate what and in what thread I post.

Reactions: Samhockey3

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna

Funny. People are debating players and you're attacking an entire fanbase and you think you're on moral ground? How rich. Especially in actuality most Habs fans love Michkov and wish the Habs had drafted him. Including me. I had Michkov firmly at #2 on my draft list.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
So, being critical of a player's talent and/or character based on real facts is "classless"?. Gaslighting 101.

What is classless is making personal attacks because someone has a legitimate opinion that hurts your feelings. This isn't the "Only comments majormajor likes Shane Wright thread". Maybe YOU need to grow up and debate the points instead of making personal attacks because you don't like said points. PS: You don't dictate what and in what thread I post.
“Wahhhh a teenager was mean to my hockey team”

That’s you. That’s what you sound like.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023

It's classless and it's kind of pathetic the vendetta you have against wright because he maybe stared and like a post.

You really just come off as a sad sack Habs fan who is really bitter about nohting.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
How has Wright looked this year in pre season, and the AHL? Since this thread had been derailed by personal discussions and fanbases going back and forth more than about the prospect.
He has played 1 game so far. Second game is tomorrow.

Not a lot to talk about. If you're a hater he's a classless piece of shit bust. If you're not a fan he hasn't show a lot to dissuade. If you're hopeful then he's just taking a bit of time.

Maybe his AHL career takes off and he's in Seattle permanently by christmas. Maybe it doesn't and he fades into memory in a few years (memories that live on forever in the minds of butthurt habs fans).

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
“Wahhhh a teenager was mean to my hockey team”

That’s you. That’s what you sound like.
Errrrr no, that's a lot of assuming. I couldn't care less if it was "my" team or any team. I would say the same if it was done to even a hated rival, like Toronto or Boston. What he did was classless and shows character flaws. Which are all legit criticisms. Your post actually is the one that sounds overly sensitive for no reason other than you don't like my opinion. Guess what? I don't care if you do or if you don't. But I needed to point out that your assumption that it's about "my" team, is totally wrong.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
It's classless and it's kind of pathetic the vendetta you have against wright because he maybe stared and like a post.

You really just come off as a sad sack Habs fan who is really bitter about nohting.
WTF is wrong with you, lol. Get help. I have no vendetta against Shane Wright, lol. I asked if he still sucked like he did last year and all sorts of crybabies jumped all over me for it. And it's got nothing to do with what team I cheer for. It's worthy of discussion when a hugely hyped, so-called "exceptional status", perennial "next one" and "sure thing", looks like ass in the CHL his draft year, and then looks even worse getting only 2 goals in 24 playoff games in the AHL. And this is his thread, isn't it? So you're embarrassing yourself making about whether I'm a Habs fan or not, LMAO. Go play with your lego blocks or something if you can't handle critique for a hockey player.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's worthy of discussion when a hugely hyped, so-called "exceptional status", perennial "next one" and "sure thing", looks like ass

Not really discussion worthy, no. We've known since long before his draft that he isn't the next one or even close to it. That was the discussion I was leading here two years ago. At this point he's just a regular prospect, and since he's played a grand total of one game this year there's just about nothing to talk about, just you polluting this thread.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
WTF is wrong with you, lol. Get help. I have no vendetta against Shane Wright, lol. I asked if he still sucked like he did last year and all sorts of crybabies jumped all over me for it. And it's got nothing to do with what team I cheer for. It's worthy of discussion when a hugely hyped, so-called "exceptional status", perennial "next one" and "sure thing", looks like ass in the CHL his draft year, and then looks even worse getting only 2 goals in 24 playoff games in the AHL. And this is his thread, isn't it? So you're embarrassing yourself making about whether I'm a Habs fan or not, LMAO. Go play with your lego blocks or something if you can't handle critique for a hockey player.
It was pretty well known by draft time he wasnt the “next one”. His development stayed pretty stagnant after his 15 and 16 year old seasons

Reactions: Lavar Ball

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
“So called exceptional status”

It’s not so called if he got it. Keep on hating.

It was pretty well known by draft time he wasnt the “next one”. His development stayed pretty stagnant after his 15 and 16 year old seasons
He didn’t have a 16 year old season.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
“So called exceptional status”

It’s not so called if he got it. Keep on hating.

He didn’t have a 16 year old season.
Yeah, he's lived up to it.

Such a sensitive bunch here, lol. Sniff, sniff...and Oh, lots of players got screwed over during Covid. Keep on making excuses.

I watched almost that entire playoff run by Coachella. He SUCKED. Period. We'll see if he ever becomes an NHL'er of note enough to match his pre-draft hype. I doubt it. Slow, weak, poor work ethic, lazy floater...that's what I saw with the Frontenacs and the Firebirds. I was genuinely surprised. I was fully expecting to see a dominant, genius-IQ, 2-way center, who led by example and had a wicked shot. He wasn't even remotely close to any of that.

Amazing how crappy he is considering he was the favorite to go 1st overall. And he's a moron to boot...I just wish a rival like the Devils drafted him rather than Nemec.

Anyway, I'll leave you ladies for now so you can dish-out the kleenex around your Shane Wright support group :cry::biglaugh:.

deleted user

Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, he's lived up to it.

Such a sensitive bunch here, lol. Sniff, sniff...and Oh, lots of players got screwed over during Covid. Keep on making excuses.

I watched almost that entire playoff run by Coachella. He SUCKED. Period. We'll see if he ever becomes an NHL'er of note enough to match his pre-draft hype. I doubt it. Slow, weak, poor work ethic, lazy floater...that's what I saw with the Frontenacs and the Firebirds. I was genuinely surprised. I was fully expecting to see a dominant, genius-IQ, 2-way center, who led by example and had a wicked shot. He wasn't even remotely close to any of that.

Amazing how crappy he is considering he was the favorite to go 1st overall. And he's a moron to boot...I just wish a rival like the Devils drafted him rather than Nemec.

Anyway, I'll leave you ladies for now so you can dish-out the kleenex around your Shane Wright support group :cry::biglaugh:.
Hehe, you're quite the ass. I love it.

• Haha
Reactions: LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
You seem to hate Shane Wright. You seem to be a petty person who hates a teenager for the stupidest of reasons.

You also seem to have some issues with women that you should probably work on.
There's nothing more I can add to prove my point. You're doing such a wonderful job doing it for me. :thumbu:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad