C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Radio silence on the player of the game and clear best player on the ice last night for Canada vs Switzerland. 2G and 1A. Should’ve had Atleast 1 more assist if forester doesn’t miss a an empty net on a back door pass.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Yup, I'd say he's got his mojo back after last night's game. I suspect that is more like the Stankoven we'll see rest of tourney.

Everyone talks about Bedard's shot, but Stankoven's is not far off at all. His release on the shot he put off the crossbar before scoring...wow

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Radio silence on the player of the game and clear best player on the ice last night for Canada vs Switzerland. 2G and 1A. Should’ve had Atleast 1 more assist if forester doesn’t miss a an empty net on a back door pass.
VERY underwhelming performance at WJC until yesterday's game. Hopefully he continues to play like he did yesterday and win gold

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yup, I'd say he's got his mojo back after last night's game. I suspect that is more like the Stankoven we'll see rest of tourney.

Everyone talks about Bedard's shot, but Stankoven's is not far off at all. His release on the shot he put off the crossbar before scoring...wow

Not quite as much power behind his shots when compared to Bedard, but the release and accuracy he is capable of are pretty ridiculous. If you watch his WHL highlights from this season, so many of his shots are perfectly into the top corners of the net in the blink of an eye.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Player I was most impressed with on Team Canada. Dude's a little asshole on the forecheck with some savvy hands.
Im sure Johnson loved having him as a teammate. Absolute hound on the puck who fights on the boards, and hounds you on the forecheck while also being good enough offensively that he needs to be respected.

At least in his junior career so far, Stank fills the role of getting to the gritty areas, doing the dirty work offensively while also having an insane release and playmaking skills. Bassically does the complimentary stuff while also being a contributor to the line.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Im sure Johnson loved having him as a teammate. Absolute hound on the puck who fights on the boards, and hounds you on the forecheck while also being good enough offensively that he needs to be respected.

At least in his junior career so far, Stank fills the role of getting to the gritty areas, doing the dirty work offensively while also having an insane release and playmaking skills. Bassically does the complimentary stuff while also being a contributor to the line.
In his junior career so far, which includes a CHL MVP, Stankoven has indeed managed to be “a contributor” to his line…

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
In his junior career so far, which includes a CHL MVP, Stankoven has indeed managed to be “a contributor” to his line…
You read that wrong... play style wise think 13-14 Peverley + being a threat to score solo.

He is a carry in juniors, but picturing him in the NHL and he is the perfect forechecking, contributing pest who is also scoring. Hope that clears it up. I dont know many complimentary players who are also scorers to give him the proper comp. In my mind he is the perfect final puzzle piece to any dynamic offensive duo (playstyle wise)

Reactions: Dominance

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You read that wrong... play style wise think 13-14 Peverley + being a threat to score solo.

He is a carry in juniors, but picturing him in the NHL and he is the perfect forechecking, contributing pest who is also scoring. Hope that clears it up. I dont know many complimentary players who are also scorers to give him the proper comp. In my mind he is the perfect final puzzle piece to any dynamic offensive duo (playstyle wise)

Closest I can think of is Marchand as a style-only comparison. Less of an actual asshole on the ice, though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Chances he sticks in Dallas all year?

He's gonna need to have a reallyyy good camp and truly outplay probably 6 other guys but there's a shot. Of those guys, he's the only one who is a natural goal scorer and plays with a ton of pace, so that's one advantage for him already cause the team desperately needs guys like that.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Probably will get sent down tomorrow, which was always expected with the memorial Cup being in Kamloops this year.

Looked really good in his first couple of preseason games and pretty much anytime he got the puck in the offensive zone, but his nerves definitely showed a bit as the opposing lineups got tougher (like tonight for example playing against MacKinnon and Makar lol).

Still with what he showed, he's gonna be a fantastic top 6 player on this team as soon as next year. It's really too bad he can't play in the AHL this season. Once his nerves settle down he'd be a top 6 player as soon as this season for Dallas and brings everything they desperately need, but not burying his chances in preseason & Kamloops hosting the memorial Cup guarantees he will be back there.

Reactions: Eegs and FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad