C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
stankoven or johnston?
Havent watched enough of each to say from my end but Johnston is described as just as alite elite defensively and has the frame to sick at center in the NHL. So because of that I would go for Johnston over Stank.

That said I hope they are on the same line in the future and Johnston just racks up assists on Stankovens snipes and gritty net front battles.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Havent watched enough of each to say from my end but Johnston is described as just as alite elite defensively and has the frame to sick at center in the NHL. So because of that I would go for Johnston over Stank.

That said I hope they are on the same line in the future and Johnston just racks up assists on Stankovens snipes and gritty net front battles.
Kid can dish too. He's just REALLY good at scoring goals.

Reactions: Kcb12345

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Is he able to play AHL or is he staying with Kamloops for their memorial cup run next season?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is he able to play AHL or is he staying with Kamloops for their memorial cup run next season?
Cant play in AHL no. He will be back with Kamloops next season. The Blazers owner is also the owner of Dallas Stars so you know he will definately make sure Stankoven is back in Kamloops to bring back the glory to Kamloops once again!!

Kamloops will be a extremely good team next year. They will forsure make a few deals to load up but IMO they really dont need to do too much. They will be in a position to win with the team they will have as it is and you wont see them mortgage every piece of their future that teams in the past have done that host.

Reactions: Eegs and frapp10

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Cant play in AHL no. He will be back with Kamloops next season. The Blazers owner is also the owner of Dallas Stars so you know he will definately make sure Stankoven is back in Kamloops to bring back the glory to Kamloops once again!!

Kamloops will be a extremely good team next year. They will forsure make a few deals to load up but IMO they really dont need to do too much. They will be in a position to win with the team they will have as it is and you wont see them mortgage every piece of their future that teams in the past have done that host.
Very interesting points.

Can you share to this non-WHL follower why the Blazers should be good again next year? Are they returning most of their team? Who of importance won’t be back?

Thanks.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Very interesting points.

Can you share to this non-WHL follower why the Blazers should be good again next year? Are they returning most of their team? Who of importance won’t be back?

Thanks.
Kamloops is hosting the Memorial Cup next year. They have a good base and the Blazers will move heaven and earth to fill out their roster.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Very interesting points.

Thanks.
Most of their team will be back yes... they will lose Toporowski due to age which is unfortunate cause he was an unbelievable acquisition but everyone will be a year older and a year stronger... and like I said they will utilize some draft picks and maybe prospects to add pieces they may need.

One wild card will be if NYR decides to return goalie Dylan Garand to Kamloops as a 20 year old(unsure NYR depth chart in AHL and ECHL). He has signed a contract and usually 20 year olds go on to play in their system somewhere but they may feel a Memorial Cup long season may be better for his development. If he is returned, that would be a MASSIVE addition.

IMO there is a good chance next season we will see another Kamloops VS Seattle West final again.. Seattle will also be a strong team again

Last edited:
Reactions: WADEugottaBELAKthat

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Most of their team will be back yes... they will lose Toporowski due to age which is unfortunate cause he was an unbelievable acquisition but everyone will be a year older and a year stronger... and like I said they will utilize some draft picks and maybe prospects to add pieces they may need.

One wild card will be if NYR decides to return goalie Dylan Garand to Kamloops as a 20 year old(unsure NYR depth chart in AHL and ECHL). He has signed a contract and usually 20 year olds go on to play in their system somewhere but they may feel a Memorial Cup long season may be better for his development. If he is returned, that would be a MASSIVE addition.

IMO there is a good chance next season we will see another Kamloops VS Seattle West final again.. Seattle will also be a strong team again
Seattle is an unbelievable team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Great season for Stankoven this year. Unfortunately his team fell short and lost to Seattle in game 7. A major key to Seattle's series win was they were able to finally figure out that top line and hold Stankoven to only 3 points in the final 4 games of the series and also his linemate Toporowski to 0 points in those final 4 games.

Will be a massive season for him and his Blazers team next year as they host the Memorial Cup. I expect Kamloops to be the top team in the WHL next year

Reactions: Chainshot

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Great season for Stankoven this year. Unfortunately his team fell short and lost to Seattle in game 7. A major key to Seattle's series win was they were able to finally figure out that top line and hold Stankoven to only 3 points in the final 4 games of the series and also his linemate Toporowski to 0 points in those final 4 games.

Will be a massive season for him and his Blazers team next year as they host the Memorial Cup. I expect Kamloops to be the top team in the WHL next year
Top team in the CHL*

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Why people meme on me when I say Dallas has the best prospects in the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL :(

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
What a season! Lots of teams obviously would like a redo on last years draft.

Not to kick Montreal while they are down or anything. But the backlash received from the Mailloux pick was probably a huge blunder given that a guy like Stankoven was right there - a potential fan favourite. But its early still.

Reactions: Fenris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad