C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
His top speed leaves something to be desired due to his size, but his acceleration and agility is fantastic imo, especially his agility. Really underrated aspect. He can turn on a dime

Similar to Robertson in that sense. Control is usually going to translate better than power.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah small players don’t make the nhl.

Serious question now, do you get to watch him a lot? Unfortunately I don’t, just the highlights. He seems to have a good build to him regardless of his height.
Ya I have watched him alot for many years. He is a very short stalky kid. He's been full grown now for a few years.... I know alot of small guys have made the NHL but until u actually see him live, u won't realize just how small he is. I am a MASSIVE fan of him and hope for the best but i can still admit he does have a big hill to climb to show he can play in the NHL... also he is a fantastic kid

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Similar to Robertson in that sense. Control is usually going to translate better than power.

Yep, and he is faster and much quicker than Robertson still, even with their size difference taken into account so I think ultimately that wouldn't hurt his game at the next level.

With that being said I have seen Stankoven fly by and skate around people down the ice and on the rush, but I just think the much faster NHL dmen will be a much bigger challenge for him on that part of his game. I think he will handle it fine tho and find ways around it, he already likes that play where if a dman cuts him off he will pull up and look for the late-comers. He's a really smart player so he can adjust to it if it becomes a problem.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ya I have watched him alot for many years. He is a very short stalky kid. He's been full grown now for a few years.... I know alot of small guys have made the NHL but until u actually see him live, u won't realize just how small he is. I am a MASSIVE fan of him and hope for the best but i can still admit he does have a big hill to climb to show he can play in the NHL... also he is a fantastic kid

That's pretty much the case with every player under 5'11, and especially under 5'10. Stankoven is no different. Plays a lot like a few current NHL stars who made the transition with no issues. Same build as Alex DeBrincat, who is also tiny in person. His work ethic, quickness, skill, and IQ will matter more than his size at any level. It's definitely not any more of a concern for him than any other small guy making the NHL/who has made the NHL

Reactions: starsfan86

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
How is he on the boards?

He gets most of his points from the dirty areas and leads the whl in shots/game. So that bodes well for the nhl

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Saw this stat line from last night too. GWG, +5, and 69.2% faceoff, damn.

1650755496493.png

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
2A already and it’s only the 1st period of game 3 of his first playoff round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad