C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Probably will get sent down tomorrow, which was always expected with the memorial Cup being in Kamloops this year.

Looked really good in his first couple of preseason games and pretty much anytime he got the puck in the offensive zone, but his nerves definitely showed a bit as the opposing lineups got tougher (like tonight for example playing against MacKinnon and Makar lol).

Still with what he showed, he's gonna be a fantastic top 6 player on this team as soon as next year. It's really too bad he can't play in the AHL this season. Once his nerves settle down he'd be a top 6 player as soon as this season for Dallas and brings everything they desperately need, but not burying his chances in preseason & Kamloops hosting the memorial Cup guarantees he will be back there.

He will absolutely terrorize juniors once he comes back and is going to put up a huge amount of points. It is going to be so entertaining to watch!! He's such a dynamic player to watch

I respectfully disagree though A BIT with what u say and I feel his route to the NHL will be a little slower and he will need some AHL time for a couple seasons forsure before playing in the NHL.

Reactions: wetcoast

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Unfortunately it will always be said about him cause it's pretty much his one massive downfall that is very noticeable
It wasn't said when he was rocking Jiricek in the WJC multiple times or knocked a kid out cold in the WHL. He's a little fire hydrate. He'll be fine regardless. If not Dallas this year then definitely next year. It's a shame he won't be challenged at all, AGAIN, this year in juniors.

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Not sure why there so many concerns on hos height... Hell probably end up about an inch shorter than Marchand and os built like a brick sh*t house.

Hes gonna be stronger, faster, and more skilled than 99% of his his peers in JR and just dominate the league.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Not sure why there so many concerns on hos height... Hell probably end up about an inch shorter than Marchand and os built like a brick sh*t house.

Hes gonna be stronger, faster, and more skilled than 99% of his his peers in JR and just dominate the league.
Because an inch shorter than Marchand is very short, and few skilled players of that size find great success in the NHL. They are valid concerns

Last edited:

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Because an inch shorter than Marchand is very short, and few skilled players of that size have found great success in the NHL. They are valid concerns
Ellis, Zuccarello, Atkinson, Krug, Marchessault, Debrincat, Gaudreau, Gallagher, Gourde, Keller, Sheary, Garland .... All guys at 5'8 to 5'10 and there are plenty more. Stankoven is as skilled and probably already stronger that 90% of them - he will be just fine

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ellis, Zuccarello, Atkinson, Krug, Marchessault, Debrincat, Gaudreau, Gallagher, Gourde, Keller, Sheary, Garland .... All guys at 5'8 to 5'10 and there are plenty more. Stankoven is as skilled and probably already stronger that 90% of them - he will be just fine
Okay now list all the prospects that size that it didn't work out for so we can get a clearer picture.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
And he's even smaller than all the guys you listed. Even if you ask Stankoven, he will tell you his size will be a huge challenge at the next level. It's not like people are using it as an excuse to rag on him, it's a legitimate concern. That's why these training camps are great for him so he can see what else he can do to become even more prepared at the NHL level.

I would love for him to get in a couple regular season games this year so he can see even more what he needs to do with even harder opponents but I feel Dallas will be sending him back pretty quick

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ok now list all the normal size prospects that didn't work out to get context.
Build a roster full of 5'7-5'9 guys. The league is full of "normal" size players (exactly why you call them normal sized), there's a reason why there's a lot less vertically challenged players in the league.

Last edited:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Build a roster full of 5'7-5'9 guys. The league is full of "normal" size players (exactly why you call them normal sized), there's a reason why there's a lot less vertically challenged players in the league.
Well you're the one who is looking at sample sizes to support your claim, so don't you have to compare the success rate of hockey players closer to average height to see how that success rate compares to those with lower height?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Survived another round of cuts, for now at least. Team is now down to 3 extra forwards who could make the team (with arguably 2 forward spots open): Him, Wyatt Johnston, and Riley Damiani.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Survived another round of cuts, for now at least. Team is now down to 3 extra forwards who could make the team (with arguably 2 forward spots open): Him, Wyatt Johnston, and Riley Damiani.
That spot is between Johnston and Stanks in my opinio. Damiani has been a surprise to me and I’d have him penciled in on my team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hope they keep him around a tiny bit longer... He's gonna terrorize the WHL soon so let him keep getting a taste of the NHL a bit longer before he gets sent back. No need to rush him back yet

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Stank oven is a legit 5’7 not sure why people are comparing him to Marchand. Marchand is a lot bigger.
And 5'7 is even an exaggeration... The comparisons people put on here are just silly. He plays nothing like Marchand.

It's always easy on this site being able to tell who has seen certain players actually play

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Sponsor
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
This thread needs more Theo Fluery (style) comparisons.

I look forward to seeing Logan at the Sandman again this season. The Gaglardi family will want him in the Dub and not Dallas yet, not just because the Memorial Cup is a top notch development opportunity. It's an interesting example of when the interests of ownership match up with what's best for the player's development. Great fit for Logan.

I won't be surpised if he sees some game time at the start of the NHL season.

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
And 5'7 is even an exaggeration... The comparisons people put on here are just silly. He plays nothing like Marchand.

It's always easy on this site being able to tell who has seen certain players actually play
I mean, Ive watched Stank play probably over 100 times... No one "compared" him to Marchand all that was said is if Marchand can be as successful as he is at his size than theres no reason Stankoven can't.

Evert player drafted has flaws, id much rather have the kid who is 5'7, strong as an ox, and as skilled as they come over the 6'5 rake who can't skate.... Its all preference, your preference is clearly height

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
That spot is between Johnston and Stanks in my opinio. Damiani has been a surprise to me and I’d have him penciled in on my team.
Which forward spots are open? Gotta figure if this is for a fourth line role playing 9 minutes per night, we'd rather a guys like Stank in the W?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I mean, Ive watched Stank play probably over 100 times... No one "compared" him to Marchand all that was said is if Marchand can be as successful as he is at his size than theres no reason Stankoven can't.

Evert player drafted has flaws, id much rather have the kid who is 5'7, strong as an ox, and as skilled as they come over the 6'5 rake who can't skate.... Its all preference, your preference is clearly height
My preference is clearly height? Hmmm ok... Cause I have concerns about a player that is 5'6/5'7??

It's a legitimate concern... If u look back in the thread u can see I'm a massive fan of him but I can even admit he has a big hurdle to get over at the NHL level at his size

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Prospects like him and Zellweger, height is definitely a concern. However if they are strong, can take hits, and have good skating ability, it slowly lessens the hindrance it may cause. Smaller players are definitely less likely to make the NHL, but the better their skill/skating/strength combo is, the more likely they are to succeed.

I'd love to see him play some top 6 this season, and I'm really cursing the NHL or CHL requirement. This kid could benefit from the size and physicality of the AHL. But going to the Memorial Cup is still bound to be an excellent experience.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Spurgeon, too.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Which forward spots are open? Gotta figure if this is for a fourth line role playing 9 minutes per night, we'd rather a guys like Stank in the W?

Stars are trying to role with 4 lines that can score, or at least 3. If Johnston or Stankoven make it it'll be a top 9 (probably winger) role for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad