Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I can't really remember the whole situation, but he is a NA player that left for a year during a contract dispute. I don't remember him asking for a trade so I'm not sure of the similarities. Trouba is a better player now than Gio was then too and the contracts they were/are looking for are much different.

Yeah, but you're proving my point. Only one guy comes to mind, and the details don't even stand out. He wasn't happy with playing time (like Trouba) and wanted out as a result, not because of money (if we believe Trouba).

Calgary didn't let him dictate where he'd play in the NHL. Why would the Jets? He can't play anywhere in the NHL unless they okay it.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Yeah, but you're proving my point. Only one guy comes to mind, and the details don't even stand out. He wasn't happy with playing time (like Trouba) and wanted out as a result, not because of money (if we believe Trouba).

Calgary didn't let him dictate where he'd play in the NHL. Why would the Jets? He can't play anywhere in the NHL unless they okay it.

Giordano didn't ask for a trade though, he wanted a 1-way deal. Either way, I don't think it will come to that with Trouba.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Watching the World Cup I can't help but feel the Bergeron/Marchand prime are being wasted in the rebuild process. The forward group combined with the likes of Krejci, Backes etc is absolutely championship caliber. Same with Rask in goal at the age of 29. Waiting 3-5 years for the glut of high upside D to develop will be too late. They are still teenagers. Doesn't line up.

Even if there's only a small chance offer sheeting someone line Lindholm would work, it's worth the shot. Make it as financially difficult for the Ducks to match as possible. They operate on a budget. Four 1st round picks is a steep price. It's worth it. Now is the time to do it with all the picks in the first two rounds the last couple years.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hnmmm

I have to think Pasta is a no go and really the Jets got 3 Stud wings in Ehlers, Laine, Connor

I don't see Krug- he's doing everything for them but driving the zamboni and Sweeney loves him

Carlo and McAvoy are RH defenseman projected as top 4

McAvoy seems untouchable and besides shoots right

Zboril? Lauzon?

I think Morrow value low.

This is a two component and a pick trade

Carlo would be a bummer

Spooner ? I like him better than Burmistrov

Whatever I would assume one of the very good defensive prospects goes

Weird to say it but it would be better if Trouba shot left

Post Chara D if trade for Trouba

Krug-Trouba

Lauzon/Grzelcyk - McAvoy

OGara/Lindgren-Miller one of them

If Winnipeg scouts saw Carlo last night and it was only one night but he was good in AHL elimination playoff game they could be on it

Just can't imagine what Boston offers - but if I'm Winnipeg I am very interested in Carlo as a piece

I keep Carlo

In three seasons, a right side of Trouba ( 25 ), McAvoy ( 21 ), and Carlo ( 22 ) would be the envy of the league.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In three seasons, a right side of Trouba ( 25 ), McAvoy ( 21 ), and Carlo ( 22 ) would be the envy of the league.

Trouba, McAvoy, and Colin Miller has the potential to be pretty good as well.

It would be interesting to see if it came down to McAvoy or Carlo, and Winnipeg was demanding one of the two, which one would people keep.

Me I keep McAvoy, but I can see many wanting to keep Carlo since the Carlo love-fest kicked into full gear last night.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And then, McAvoy/Carlo will pull a Trouba and ask for a trade because he wants to play in the top-4...

Then you trade one of them for high end young C.

So reading around these boards(Rangers trade thread)/Sir Bob it sounds like Ari and Rangers are really interested in Trouba, so even with him asking out the price is not going to be cheap.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Agreed, I just wish we could make the trade happen.

I just don't see a fit for us; we don't have what the Jets want/need.

They'd take Krug, but that's a zero sum trade for us if we're looking to strengthen our D.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Trouba, McAvoy, and Colin Miller has the potential to be pretty good as well.

It would be interesting to see if it came down to McAvoy or Carlo, and Winnipeg was demanding one of the two, which one would people keep.

Me I keep McAvoy, but I can see many wanting to keep Carlo since the Carlo love-fest kicked into full gear last night.

Boston would keep McAvoy. Trouba and Carlo are very similar in terms of upside. Big stay at home types, Trouba might have a bit more skill than Carlo. McAvoy on the other hand has a very unique skill set

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Then you trade one of them for high end young C.

So reading around these boards(Rangers trade thread)/Sir Bob it sounds like Ari and Rangers are really interested in Trouba, so even with him asking out the price is not going to be cheap.

It's also been said there isn't a fit there yet.

Rangers....who do they have to offer? They've pillaged their farm system, haven't had a 1st rounder in ages. Miller/Kreider/K.Hayes? You say Spooner isn't a fit but they are? At least Boston can afford to add young assets along with Spooner. Can the Rangers? Doubtful.

Arizona, like Boston, don't have that coveted LD to offer. OEL isn't being offered. Neither is Goligoski.

And don't say Chychrun, because you say Chychrun and I'll say Zboril. The value is comparable.

And you can be sure teams out West are going to have to pay more than teams in the East. Not a lot more, but the price is higher for them.

Boston can put together a comparable package to Arizona.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
And then, McAvoy/Carlo will pull a Trouba and ask for a trade because he wants to play in the top-4...

That would be a good problem to have. Imagine if the Bruins had that problem right now the haul they'd get!

Besides, it took Krug a full year in Providence and two years in the 3rd pair before he solidified himself as a top4 defenseman. I love McAvoy and Carlo as much as anyone, maybe more, but the Bruins have at least 3 years before playing one of them in the bottom pair is a "problem." Even if they show they can play above that role, they'll be on ELC's and you can afford to have the depth.

Krug - Trouba
Lindgren - McAvoy
Lauzon - Carlo

Those are all legit top4 talents/potential. To say nothing of Colin Miller, Zboril, Gryz, O'Gara, Johansson, Sherman... Obviously they all won't hit but with this many options I'd think the odds are in their favor that they could get a few NHL'ers from this group.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Can we please Send Krejci/Zboril/ANYONE to Flames for Johnny please? Or suck the league dry of all our draft picks and offer sheet this shiznit out of him?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's also been said there isn't a fit there yet.

Rangers....who do they have to offer? They've pillaged their farm system, haven't had a 1st rounder in ages. Miller/Kreider/K.Hayes? You say Spooner isn't a fit but they are? At least Boston can afford to add young assets along with Spooner. Can the Rangers? Doubtful.

Arizona, like Boston, don't have that coveted LD to offer. OEL isn't being offered. Neither is Goligoski.

And don't say Chychrun, because you say Chychrun and I'll say Zboril. The value is comparable.

And you can be sure teams out West are going to have to pay more than teams in the East. Not a lot more, but the price is higher for them.

Boston can put together a comparable package to Arizona.

Just said what I saw their proven insiders write there, sounded like Ari could be willing to overpay if they can trade forwards,
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2129145&page=22
bobbop
"Can confirm Arizona in deep on Trouba. They have a ton of forwards to trade but only quality young left side defenseman who might/might not figure here is first draft choice Jakob Chychrun. Goligoski has a NMC and OEL isn't going anywhere. One thing to keep in mind is that AZ has so many young forward prospects, they may be willing to deal from excess and overpay. The one thing working against AZ...Western Conference.
"

Seems like Colorado is in the mix as well and didn't they chase Trouba earlier as well?

Just again saying that even him asking out doesn't mean the price is going to be cheap most likely.
Overall all these teams though are bad fits.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just said what I saw their proven insiders write there, sounded like Ari could be willing to overpay if they can trade forwards,
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2129145&page=22
bobbop
"Can confirm Arizona in deep on Trouba. They have a ton of forwards to trade but only quality young left side defenseman who might/might not figure here is first draft choice Jakob Chychrun. Goligoski has a NMC and OEL isn't going anywhere. One thing to keep in mind is that AZ has so many young forward prospects, they may be willing to deal from excess and overpay. The one thing working against AZ...Western Conference.
"

Seems like Colorado is in the mix as well and didn't they chase Trouba earlier as well?

Just again saying that even him asking out doesn't mean the price is going to be cheap most likely.
Overall all these teams though are bad fits.

I don't think anyone thought the price would be cheap.

Boston can match any offer Arizona makes, unless Arizona are talking forwards like Domi or Strome.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think anyone thought the price would be cheap.

Boston can match any offer Arizona makes, unless Arizona are talking forwards like Domi or Strome.

Some of the offers here seem pretty low, pretty painfree.

For talent talent has to go, and the trade to hurt.

edit,
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-...le-lines-ristolainen-lindholm-contract-talks/
NHL Insider Bob McKenzie made an appearance early Tuesday evening on Toronto’s TSN 1050, and toward the end he shed some light into the contract negotiations for two key restricted free agent defensemen.

“Right now, the reason Rasmus Ristolainen in Buffalo and Hampus Lindholm in Anaheim – and we’ll see what happens with Trouba on the contract front, not the trade front – the reason why those guys right now aren’t signed is because Buffalo and Anaheim are saying, ‘Morgan Rielly is making $5 million for the next six years. Seth Jones is making 5.4 for the next six years. So we’re not giving you more than those guys.’

McKenzie on Trouba, Ristolainen and Lindholm contract situations

“And those other guys are saying, ‘Okay, we know that the Aaron Ekblad deal at eight years X 7.5 in Florida might be a bit of an outlier compared to all of the other young defensemen coming out of entry level; but 7.5 to him, it’s a comparable. So if we’re not at 7.5, we should be at 6, 6.5.’

“So that’s where the battle lines are drawn for Rasmus Ristolainen and Hampus Lindholm, vis-a-vis the comparables of Rielly, Jones at one end, (and) maybe Dougie Hamilton at 5.75 – or Aaron Ekblad at the high end.”

I don't get Anaheims plan.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Some of the offers here seem pretty low, pretty painfree.

For talent talent has to go, and the trade to hurt.

edit,
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-...le-lines-ristolainen-lindholm-contract-talks/
NHL Insider Bob McKenzie made an appearance early Tuesday evening on Toronto’s TSN 1050, and toward the end he shed some light into the contract negotiations for two key restricted free agent defensemen.

“Right now, the reason Rasmus Ristolainen in Buffalo and Hampus Lindholm in Anaheim – and we’ll see what happens with Trouba on the contract front, not the trade front – the reason why those guys right now aren’t signed is because Buffalo and Anaheim are saying, ‘Morgan Rielly is making $5 million for the next six years. Seth Jones is making 5.4 for the next six years. So we’re not giving you more than those guys.’

McKenzie on Trouba, Ristolainen and Lindholm contract situations

“And those other guys are saying, ‘Okay, we know that the Aaron Ekblad deal at eight years X 7.5 in Florida might be a bit of an outlier compared to all of the other young defensemen coming out of entry level; but 7.5 to him, it’s a comparable. So if we’re not at 7.5, we should be at 6, 6.5.’

“So that’s where the battle lines are drawn for Rasmus Ristolainen and Hampus Lindholm, vis-a-vis the comparables of Rielly, Jones at one end, (and) maybe Dougie Hamilton at 5.75 – or Aaron Ekblad at the high end.â€

I don't get Anaheims plan.

I can't speak to other people's proposals, but once again it goes back to the lack of leverage Chevy has as we approach Dec. 1.

Big difference between "cheap" and "painful". There is a happy middle ground somewhere that Chevy may have to just accept the closer we get to that Dec. 1 deadline. Will he accept Boston's best offer? Probably not.

Anyways I've said enough on Trouba, this isn't getting resolved tomorrow. I don't like Boston's chances anyways.

Interested teams and the Jets will see how their camps play out, how their season starts, and make a decision. Maybe things go better than expected and Sweeney doesn't feel he needs to sell the farm to bring in Trouba. Who knows?

My guess is this runs into at least mid-November, and Chevy with a struggling team (I don't expect the Jets to be good this year, not terrible, but not good), feels pressure to make the playoffs and takes the best offer he can get that gives him some immediate help, even if that immediate help is a left-shot forward, along with some future assets like a not-yet-ready D-man.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I can't speak to other people's proposals, but once again it goes back to the lack of leverage Chevy has as we approach Dec. 1.

Big difference between "cheap" and "painful". There is a happy middle ground somewhere that Chevy may have to just accept the closer we get to that Dec. 1 deadline. Will he accept Boston's best offer? Probably not.

Anyways I've said enough on Trouba, this isn't getting resolved tomorrow. I don't like Boston's chances anyways.

Interested teams and the Jets will see how their camps play out, how their season starts, and make a decision. Maybe things go better than expected and Sweeney doesn't feel he needs to sell the farm to bring in Trouba. Who knows?

My guess is this runs into at least mid-November, and Chevy with a struggling team (I don't expect the Jets to be good this year, not terrible, but not good), feels pressure to make the playoffs and takes the best offer he can get that gives him some immediate help, even if that immediate help is a left-shot forward, along with some future assets like a not-yet-ready D-man.

TRouba will be resolved sooner than later and the Bruins have and continue to show major interest. On TSN radio a number of analyst had very positive things to say about him. The potential with this kid is significant and why he will garnish some valuable assets in a trade. I wouldn't be surprised the least to some very good talent leaving any team for Trouble.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I never said that. You hinted that he has all the leverage, I pointed out that he doesn't.

As for the rest of the bolded, how does having Trouba sit for the year help with any of that? I'll answer it for you: It doesn't.

Have him sit: Doesn't help this season
Trade for prospects/picks: Doesn't help this season

This does not apply in this situation

I wonder if the 3 way type trade could work the other way. maybe we don't go get the LHD to trade with winni... maybe we give up 2 1st round picks, morrow and griffith(or something to that affect) and winni uses the extra picks n pieces to say pry fowler out of anaheim. I could see that working too.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
rags again i loose my mind if they add him too.the avs i can see going after him they have plenty of young players that can help the jets. BUT this is DS time to shine

AVS don't need another righty they have Barrie and Jonson.... trouba was pretty up front about wanting a top 4 role on the right side... not left.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
TRouba will be resolved sooner than later and the Bruins have and continue to show major interest. On TSN radio a number of analyst had very positive things to say about him. The potential with this kid is significant and why he will garnish some valuable assets in a trade. I wouldn't be surprised the least to some very good talent leaving any team for Trouble.

Well there you have it. TSN analyst think highly of Trouba. That's all I needed to know.

Book his 2018-19 Norris trophy win now.

He's a good player, maybe even very good. He's not going to come cheap. But he's not a franchise guy and other teams aren't coughing up their own franchise guys to bring in Trouba. Same way teams weren't going to cough up their own franchise guys to get Hamilton, he wasn't/isn't a franchise guy either.

Chevy wants his age/caliber comparable LD. Look around the league I don't see many available, or teams with multiple LD like this with one to spare.

What Chevy gets is like a NHL established player under the age of 26, a very good D-man prospect, and a 1st round pick. Multiple teams will likely make an offer in this range, it will probably come down to which combination of NHL player and prospect D-man they like the best. Probably won't be Boston but I have no idea what Chevy and his staff think about Boston's assets.

I'd likely be willing to add another mid-range prospect if it meant getting it done. But that's Trouba's value in a hold-out/trade demand situation and a GM with pressure on him to have some on-ice success and financial success after pretty much none here we are 5 seasons at the helm.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Well there you have it. TSN analyst think highly of Trouba. That's all I needed to know.

Book his 2018-19 Norris trophy win now.

He's a good player, maybe even very good. He's not going to come cheap. But he's not a franchise guy and other teams aren't coughing up their own franchise guys to bring in Trouba. Same way teams weren't going to cough up their own franchise guys to get Hamilton, he wasn't/isn't a franchise guy either.

Chevy wants his age/caliber comparable LD. Look around the league I don't see many available, or teams with multiple LD like this with one to spare.

What Chevy gets is like a NHL established player under the age of 26, a very good D-man prospect, and a 1st round pick. Multiple teams will likely make an offer in this range, it will probably come down to which combination of NHL player and prospect D-man they like the best. Probably won't be Boston but I have no idea what Chevy and his staff think about Boston's assets.

I'd likely be willing to add another mid-range prospect if it meant getting it done. But that's Trouba's value in a hold-out/trade demand situation and a GM with pressure on him to have some on-ice success and financial success after pretty much none here we are 5 seasons at the helm.

Look I'm not sure he's a franchise player but what makes you say he isn't ? Teams will cough up significant players for him in hopes he does become that player. Bruins have depth and can afford to make that trade. I listen to analysts hear opinions from experts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad