Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Seidenberg to the Islanders, 1 year $1 million.

Was never of fan of eating contract for 4 years with that buyout, should have just kept him imo given that it is a bridge year anyway and we are probably waiting on prospects to develop to upgrade the d.

Thought there was a plan of bringing someone in and using the cap space. Didn't happen (yet), but if it doesn't seems like a silly move once again.

I think a lot of moves have been made to setup additional moves that didn't come to fruition.

Moving Hamilton and not bringing in Hanafin last draft (which was the rumored story), fell through and Sweeney looks like a fool. Bruins buyout Seidenberg get capspace; still don't improve the defense. Sweeney isn't looking good in that situation either.

At least we have a nice prospect pool... but until those pan out... it's gonna be some rough waters, unless immediate help is brought in.

PS. Adam McQuaid and Kevan Miller are out top 2 RH defensemen right now. Realistically, we need 2 defenseman that push both of them out of that position, and trade one of them.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He sold Hamilton on the cheap. Naysayers will point to Sweeney getting better picks than he would have had if there were an offer sheet, but that's bs. At that rate, i would've matched & forced him to play in boston for another year. Then move him this offseason (signed).

-Ryan Johanssen
-Taylor Hall
-Shea Weber
-15th pick + (2) 2nds

Which option would you choose if you were moving out a dman?

I'd choose the one that actually exists

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Good for Seids.
I wish him well.

same, will always have a soft spot for Seids. Fluto's article the other day basically said he had multiple pto offers but held out for a contract offer and then he went out played pretty well at the worlds and got his contract, good for him.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Dougie Awesome Hamilton will be on his third team before 26 maybe the Islanders as well

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney could have got McDavid if he made Dougie stay here.

Marchand-McDavid- Bergeron

Sweeney needs to be fired

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
comparing Larsson to Dougie is totally unfair as Larsson didn't have an offer sheet threat looming. Sweeney's only options with Dougie were to trade him for a slightly better package than an offer sheet (1st, 2nd, 2nd vs 1st, 2nd, 3rd) or match and face the same problem a year later.

Blame the guy who got fired after leaving the Dougie situation unresolved until the last minute. Sweeney inherited a no-win situation with Dougie. IMO it's totally unfair to blame him for any of it really. I don't like all of Sweeney's moves but the Dougie move was not on him. That would be like blaming your spouse for paying taxes when you're trying to save money.

I don't put much weight in the offersheet thing. You'd find just as many people who claim those are highly unlikely and thus not worth worrying over. This isn't to say they weren't slightly wary of one, but I think it's once again going easy on Sweeney to suggest he was backed into a corner.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Thought there was a plan of bringing someone in and using the cap space. Didn't happen (yet), but if it doesn't seems like a silly move once again.

I think a lot of moves have been made to setup additional moves that didn't come to fruition.

Moving Hamilton and not bringing in Hanafin last draft (which was the rumored story), fell through and Sweeney looks like a fool. Bruins buyout Seidenberg get capspace; still don't improve the defense. Sweeney isn't looking good in that situation either.

At least we have a nice prospect pool... but until those pan out... it's gonna be some rough waters, unless immediate help is brought in.

PS. Adam McQuaid and Kevan Miller are out top 2 RH defensemen right now. Realistically, we need 2 defenseman that push both of them out of that position, and trade one of them.

Sweeney is a fool for not turning Dougie into Trouba and Trumbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad