Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Boston, Detroit, Toronto, NYI known to have interest in the east

Colorado, Arizona and Edmonton in the west.

Have to figure with those options, Chevy wants to send him east. The western teams have to consider the offer sheet and Chevy has to accept that as a real threat, which we all know, brings the cost to acquire down

Big question is how long are the Jets willing to wait to get their price. I can't imagine they want to hold out until the season starts. I also can't imagine the offers are any good right now, otherwise this would be done. What do they want for him? Or; more specifically, what is Don willing to pay?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Big question is how long are the Jets willing to wait to get their price. I can't imagine they want to hold out until the season starts. I also can't imagine the offers are any good right now, otherwise this would be done. What do they want for him? Or; more specifically, what is Don willing to pay?

Well the 1st big deadline is really Dec. 1, last day RFAs can sign and still be eligible to play in the 2016-17 season.

They have time here. I'd be shocked if he's moved before the season starts. Gives the Jets time to see what they have, and other teams time to see what they also have.

Maybe they wait and see how their team starts, and how other teams start, and see how the dominoes fall.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I really think this forces Sweeneys hand. Gotta get in the game here Don.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
So where are all the Jets fans who were convinced there was no way Trouba wasn't going to get re-signed. They spent the entire summer firing off one ridiculous argument after another why there was no way Trouba wouldn't be a Jet going forward.

That being said, as has been said on this board many times, hard to see a fit for the Bruins and Jets for a Trouba trade.

The Bruins & Jets should be natural trading partners for Trouba.

We need a current top 3/4 defenseman (Trouba) and they need a potentially top 3/4 younger prospect, which we are overflowing with (McAvoy/Zboril/Carlo/Lauzon/Lindgren), none of whom are untouchable. Should be an easy deal to complete.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Bruins have almost $6M in cap space free.

Islanders have $2M and change free.

Detroit has no space.

Leafs have no space.

If they want to trade him East and not take back excess cap space, it looks very good for Boston.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Over the last 2 seasons (minimum 2400 minutes), Trouba ranks 45th overall in average time-on-ice for NHL Defensemen. He's 3rd highest on the Jets.

19th - RD Dustin Byfuglien 23:50
24th - RD Tyler Myers 23:32
45th - RD Jacob Trouba 22:27
54th - LD Toby Enstrom 21:55
115th - LD Mark Stuart 17:49

So it doesn't appear to be an ice-time issue at all and truly seems to be about his desire to play on the right.

It sure looks like the Jets could use some help on the left side. For the Bruins to swing a deal for Trouba, does anyone see a way that Krug isn't heading to Winnipeg? Would the Jets be interested in Morrow, Zboril, Lauzon, Grzelcyk, Lindgren, O'Gara or Arnesson? I'd think that they will want someone who can step in and play right away.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Over the last 2 seasons (minimum 2400 minutes), Trouba ranks 45th overall in average time-on-ice for NHL Defensemen. He's 3rd highest on the Jets.

So it doesn't appear to be an ice-time issue at all and truly seems to be about his desire to play on the right.

It sure looks like the Jets could use some help on the left side. For the Bruins to swing a deal for Trouba, does anyone see a way that Krug isn't heading to Winnipeg? Would the Jets be interested in Morrow, Zboril, Lauzon, Grzelcyk, Lindgren, O'Gara or Arnesson? I'd think that they will want someone who can step in and play right away.

Carlo & Mcavoy might get it done for Trouba

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Interesting situation. We have been faced with these on the other side of the coin and on one hand it would be great to take advantage of someone elses problem for a change.

I don't think a prospects deal gets it done: it isn't what Winnipeg wants they are very deep in prospects and if it is for futures how do we sign Trouba and then Marchand long term?

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Interesting situation. We have been faced with these on the other side of the coin and on one hand it would be great to take advantage of someone elses problem for a change.

I don't think a prospects deal gets it done: it isn't what Winnipeg wants they are very deep in prospects and if it is for futures how do we sign Trouba and then Marchand long term?

The team is so thin right now it would be extremely difficult to part with any player of value on the NHL roster.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Carlo & Mcavoy might get it done for Trouba

I don't think Boston does that. I think McAvoy is basically untouchable. The deal also doesn't solve any of the Jets problems, as they need NHL ready left handed defensemen, and you are offering them 2 righthanded prospects.

Krug for Truba straight up makes Boston worse in the short term, unclear in the long term.

I do think there is a bit of the grass is greener with Trouba. He is close to Hamilton in many ways and very much an unfinished product. He has tons of upside still, but ...

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Marchand is already signed for the season and they will have around $14M free next offseason, though Spooner and Pastrnak will need deals as well. With Trouba added, someone would likely need to go.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

I wouldn't worry long term about Marchand's contract extension. Once it would kick in, Chara's cap hit goes down which will basically pay for it. The Bruins are in a good position cap wise. The hard part, like you said, is if the Bruins have the necessary pieces Winnipeg would want in a return for Trouba.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Right now? Logic.

Replacing Krug with Trouba still leaves a massive hole in our top 4.

We need to add top 4 defenseman without subtracting. Not sure we are a good fit for what Winnipeg wants, unless they are indeed willing to take futures OR they are enarmered with Adam McQuaid and Joe Morrow.

Otherwise... not really. My opinion at least.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins trade McAvoy I want Don Sweeney fired on the spot

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

I don't see why they care at this point if he's traded after the season starts, that really shouldn't matter. What they want is an equally good LHD. What would they take? That's the question.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
McAvoy and Carlo aren't going anywhere. These guys are both studs. Ship them Zboril, Lauzon and a 2nd. Throw Dr. Cross and Griffith in too just to sweeten the pot.

How does adding in 2 guys that they would waive sweetening the pot?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bruins have almost $6M in cap space free.

Islanders have $2M and change free.

Detroit has no space.

Leafs have no space.

If they want to trade him East and not take back excess cap space, it looks very good for Boston.

Once they LTIR Horton, there is $5.3 million. There could be another $2.1 million depending on how the Cowen arbitration goes.

And once Gardiner is included in the deal for Trouba, there is another $4 million. Since it's speculated the Jets want an NHL player back, they will certainly be adding $$

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
McAvoy could end up the better player.

Would Zboril + get it done?

I really like Trouba- a lot.

This would look pretty good as your top 4 D in time

McAvoy-Trouba

Krug - Carlo

Vesey hurts not getting

Boston would create a massive holes trading Heinen, JFK, Sensyshyn

I love Lauzon, I'm a Zboril and DeBrusk guy.

If I'm Winnipeg I would love Krug but can't see Boston doing

JFK is there one guy at center

If I'm the Jets I would want Carlo but he's going to be a very good shut down guy for 10+ years

I don't know how this goes down but my order of pissed off ness goes

McAvoy
Heinen
Sensyshyn
JFK
Carlo
DeBrusk

Top 4 just rob Peter to pay Paul

Leafs look logical based on Dom post - east team & the player to give

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Bruins & Jets should be natural trading partners for Trouba.

We need a current top 3/4 defenseman (Trouba) and they need a potentially top 3/4 younger prospect, which we are overflowing with (McAvoy/Zboril/Carlo/Lauzon/Lindgren), none of whom are untouchable. Should be an easy deal to complete.

That's were you'll find many who will disagree on both sides.

The Jets don't need more prospects. They are well-stocked up front, on D, and in G.

They need ready-made established NHL players, preferably younger ones.

They don't need Ryan Spooner. They have plenty of NHL bodies who can play C (Schefele, Little, Perreault, Lowry) and play LW (Ehlers, Laine, Burmistrov, even Connor).

Sending them Krug in a package for Trouba makes zero sense for Boston. He just re-signed so he's going nowhere.

Is it even worth discussing 46/63/42/37/33/40?

I don't see a package of futures getting it done. He's been on the block for 4 months if you believe his agent. If a package of futures was going to get it done it would be done by now. Many teams can offer up a package of 3-4 young assets/picks to Winnipeg.

Sorry Fonz, I don't see a fit from a Winnipeg perspective at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad