Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The clothes thing was the final straw, but it came out after the fact that Kane had requested a trade some 18 months or so before that. Easy to be patient when the player is still in your line-up. Actually Chevy showed more patience on that one than most GMs would have.

I like that right side, but can Boston get Trouba without sending one of Carlo or McAvoy back?

And didn't at that point everyone knew he was not going to play another game for the team and still managed to win a trade.

But anyways, listening to Chevy this offseason his goal seems to be winning, with the prospect pool they have and the Scheifele&Buff re-signings it's time to start winning.
If they trade Trouba for prospects they take a step back.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Just wondering Bill, or anyone else in the know, if Sweeney has made a legitimate pitch for Trouba in the past?

Also wondering how you see Trouba rounding out - legit #1-2 dman, top 4? Admittedly I haven't seen him play much. Tones of hype surrounded him at the draft, but I really don't know much about the type of player he is.

Who's Bill in the know? We got ringers on this sight?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
The clothes thing was the final straw, but it came out after the fact that Kane had requested a trade some 18 months or so before that. Easy to be patient when the player is still in your line-up. Actually Chevy showed more patience on that one than most GMs would have.

I like that right side, but can Boston get Trouba without sending one of Carlo or McAvoy back?

I'd move Carlo for Trouba. Colin Miller or Joe Morrow too, in the right deal. No brainer.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Trouba?

A young D, with upside, who is also a RFA?

We should offer a 1st and two 2nds.

That should get it done, right? I mean, there's market precedent for that deal after all.

With Trouba publicly indicating he wants a trade, I'm certain WPG will forget they have all the leverage and instead panic and take that offer immediately, rather than patiently shopping him around the league for the best possible deal.

Would you give up

Senyshyn
JFK
Lauzon

Also is Trouba a top pairing now and if not when

Thanks

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And didn't at that point everyone knew he was not going to play another game for the team and still managed to win a trade.

But anyways, listening to Chevy this offseason his goal seems to be winning, with the prospect pool they have and the Scheifele&Buff re-signings it's time to start winning.
If they trade Trouba for prospects they take a step back.

I agree, I don't see him getting dealt unless they get at least one NHL established player. Now they likely have to accept a lesser player as the NHL piece of the package.

Sadly I don't see the Bruins having the NHL-ready assets to get it done. Spooner I don't think is of any interest to them. Just my opinion.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
LOL, actually meant DOM (OR you Dan).

Too much NyQuil.

I'm no insider but got to give Dom credit he told me he wanted out

Nice call Mr Amigo

NyQuil. Ugh!! Hope you feel better that stuff is nasty

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Trouba will want 6+ maybe 7 M and he's good but not great. You are going to pay for projection. Winnipeg needs a guy to step in. I don't see Boston with the fit of a similar player.

Should be fun to see what he goes for

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

I wonder where that Jets fan is who came here to tell me what an idiot I was for suggesting this as a likelihood. :laugh:

Perhaps he's holding fast that there's still nothing wrong between the two sides and Trouba's long-term deal in Wiinipeg is just on the horizon.

:handclap:

Well done, sir :laugh:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Get er done Sweeney. No excuses, we have assets.

The Jets have a very good crop of young players/prospects. Simply offering a bunch of assets isn't going to get it done. The Jets have needs; giving up a prime asset in Trouba is going to cost a team something that the Jets are lacking.

I'm no Jets insider so this is an IMO, but when I look at their roster, I would peg three needs ( in no order )

1. Top 4 LD

2. Top 6 RW

3. Clear cut number 1 goaltender

Getting Trouba would most likely cost us one ( or more ) of Rask, Krug, or Pasta.

Call me crazy, but I would certainly think long and hard about a Rask for Trouba/Hutchinson move.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
My shot at making this work (/ = one of):

:bruins
Trouba

:ducks2
Heinen
2017/2018 BOS 1st

:jets
Fowler
Griffith
2017/2018 BOS 1st

May need to switch Griffith out with another prospect, but I don't know who. Maybe give the Jets a BOS 2nd as well.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Oh, the things I'd give for Trouba... A lot. 29 other teams likely will, too. Would be a miracle if we could pull this off. That would solve so many problems for this organization.

He also requested a trade. That's bad news for the Jets in terms of his trade value. He'll likely still fetch a pretty penny, but it's the Hamilton situation all over again... If there's only a select criteria of teams he's willing to pick (he's RFA, he can not sign), the Jets will be getting pennies on the dollar.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Would you give up

Senyshyn
JFK
Lauzon

Also is Trouba a top pairing now and if not when

Thanks

We selected 13/14/15, so there's really no distinction between who we took with any of those three 1sts. The order was really up to us.

So, I wouldn't move Senyshyn, but I'd move Debrusk in there.

Debrusk, JFK, Lauzon.

Trouba was a top pairing D last year for WPG, playing with Byfuglien, with second most 5v5 TOI minutes after Buff (1394:32 min .... Buff had 1490min), and also about 150+ min more than the next most played Ds: Tyler Myers who had 1246 min and Enstrom who 1232min.

Do you honestly think Winnipeg would accept an offer of Debrusk(or Senyshyn)/JFK/Lauzon? Or, more likely, Winnipeg get a young and very good roster player back in moving Trouba?

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Boston, Detroit, Toronto, NYI known to have interest in the east

Colorado, Arizona and Edmonton in the west.

Have to figure with those options, Chevy wants to send him east. The western teams have to consider the offer sheet and Chevy has to accept that as a real threat, which we all know, brings the cost to acquire down

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Jets have a very good crop of young players/prospects. Simply offering a bunch of assets isn't going to get it done. The Jets have needs; giving up a prime asset in Trouba is going to cost a team something that the Jets are lacking.

I'm no Jets insider so this is an IMO, but when I look at their roster, I would peg three needs ( in no order )

1. Top 4 LD

2. Top 6 RW

3. Clear cut number 1 goaltender

Getting Trouba would most likely cost us one ( or more ) of Rask, Krug, or Pasta.

Call me crazy, but I would certainly think long and hard about a Rask for Trouba/Hutchinson move.

How do you get Rask to say yes and I think with Helle they wouldn't be interested in Rask.

Boston, Detroit, Toronto, NYI known to have interest in the east

Colorado, Arizona and Edmonton in the west.

Have to figure with those options, Chevy wants to send him east. The western teams have to consider the offer sheet and Chevy has to accept that as a real threat, which we all know, brings the cost to acquire down

Wouldn't offer sheet be a good thing for Chevy unless it's something like 7M?
Would allow him to re-sign Trouba.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
How do you get Rask to say yes and I think with Helle they wouldn't be interested in Rask.

NTC's have been broken before, especially if the player thinks the team he is going to is better suited for him.

IMO, the Jets are pretty close to being able to contend for a deep playoff push. I think adding an upper tier goaltender like Rask gets them closer to that goal and they can keep Hellebuyck as Rask's backup.

Anyway, I think that's the kind of deal the Jets would be looking for. They have enough young minor league assets. They need to support their pro team that's right on the edge of contender status.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I was speaking on the assumption that he wants to send him east and the last thing he needs/wants is a threat of an offer sheet from a western conference team.

After couple of years here, you'll come to the realization that I can't always speak definitively.

Now that the news is out, I can put this conversation I had with Reed at the beginning of the month. Can you just imagine who wouldn't give me any information in the future if I had posted this way back then?

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
NTC's have been broken before, especially if the player thinks the team he is going to is better suited for him.

IMO, the Jets are pretty close to being able to contend for a deep playoff push. I think adding an upper tier goaltender like Rask gets them closer to that goal and they can keep Hellebuyck as Rask's backup.

Anyway, I think that's the kind of deal the Jets would be looking for. They have enough young minor league assets. They need to support their pro team that's right on the edge of contender status.

I don't think that makes any sense for WPG. Can't see them wanting to spend $11m on the goalie position while getting worse on D. No team thinking of contending for a playoff push does so by trading away a top 4 D.

They aren't looking for a goalie. They'd be looking at getting a LHD. Whether anyone is willing to offer one is a different question.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't think that makes any sense for WPG. Can't see them wanting to spend $11m on the goalie position while getting worse on D. No team thinking of contending for a playoff push does so by trading away a top 4 D.

They aren't looking for a goalie. They'd be looking at getting a LHD. Whether anyone is willing to offer one is a different question.

I would agree. They'd be more willing to bank on one of their goaltenders stepping up to take the number 1 spot then giving up a Dman without getting one back. Which makes Boston an out... I don't think Krug for Trouba is something the Bruins would do or should and Boston has no other option for a LHD to send that's enticing enough ( unless we're talking Chara, which I think we all know won't happen ).

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I think our GM should put in an offer sheet as I don't think we can compete with Edmonton or the Isles on a purely asset based trade.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If Trouba truly wants out of Winnipeg, the worst thing he can do is sign an offer sheet. WPG matches and then Trouba is stuck there for a calendar year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I was speaking on the assumption that he wants to send him east and the last thing he needs/wants is a threat of an offer sheet from a western conference team.

After couple of years here, you'll come to the realization that I can't always speak definitively.

Now that the news is out, I can put this conversation I had with Reed at the beginning of the month. Can you just imagine who wouldn't give me any information in the future if I had posted this way back then?

I understand that.

I was just thinking out loud wouldn't offer sheet be the best option for Chevy right now unless theres' a top3 LD available in a trade.
To me he hasn't seemed like a Gm who'd want to trade Trouba and signing a offer sheet would give him the chance to sign him and figure things out later.

If the main thing for Trouba is to play on the right side and in top4 role I'm surprised they haven't done anything with Myers or just promised a top4 RD role, which he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad