Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
1st , Zboril, and Spooner ? Would that be overpayment ?

In my view it is. I like Zboril a lot and surly would not be willing to through in Spooner who I think is in for a break threw season.

Id ride out the situation and see if one of our many prospects come up big this year on D. Not sold on JT becoming a #1 7m dman. Thats just me.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
1st , Zboril, and Spooner ? Would that be overpayment ?

They have no spot for Spooner:

C
Schiefle
Little
Perreault
Lowry
Copp

LW
Ehlers
Laine
Connor

Sure they could send Connor to the AHL and play Spooner as 3rd line LW, but I just don't see him adding much value to the deal here.

I agree with Dom: Something with Toronto around Gardiner+ makes a lot of sense. Another option would be to EDM for Nurse+

WPG wants back an NHL LHD.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The odds of any of Boston's D prospects outside of McAvoy ever being as good as Trouba are pretty long, and I'd say even McAvoy isn't even money here. Yes, I've been high on Trouba since he was 17 and could possibly be overrating him, but none of Zboril or Lauzon or Carlo or Lindegren or even McAvoy have done a darn thing yet to make them a top 10 pick prospect yet.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
My shot at making this work (/ = one of):

:bruins
Trouba

:ducks2
Heinen
2017/2018 BOS 1st

:jets
Fowler
Griffith
2017/2018 BOS 1st

May need to switch Griffith out with another prospect, but I don't know who. Maybe give the Jets a BOS 2nd as well.

People smarter than me have said for the Bruins to have a chance, it's going to have to take a 3-way deal.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
They have no spot for Spooner:

C
Schiefle
Little
Perreault
Lowry
Copp

LW
Ehlers
Laine
Connor

Sure they could send Connor to the AHL and play Spooner as 3rd line LW, but I just don't see him adding much value to the deal here.

I agree with Dom: Something with Toronto around Gardiner+ makes a lot of sense. Another option would be to EDM for Nurse+

WPG wants back an NHL LHD.

If he's the center piece then the Bruins could put together a nice group. Just don't see DS stepping up for JT.

He's not a game changer in my view.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If he's the center piece then the Bruins could put together a nice group. Just don't see DS stepping up for JT.

He's not a game changer in my view.

Depends on your viewpoint on analytics, but many say that Gardiner is a mobile D who is an elite shot suppressor. Bruins don't have a LHD of the same quality or type. While the B's could offer high end prospects.... that's not what WPG is reportedly looking for.

Others see a mediocre guy.

Will be interesting to see who is right about that.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
The odds of any of Boston's D prospects outside of McAvoy ever being as good as Trouba are pretty long, and I'd say even McAvoy isn't even money here. Yes, I've been high on Trouba since he was 17 and could possibly be overrating him, but none of Zboril or Lauzon or Carlo or Lindegren or even McAvoy have done a darn thing yet to make them a top 10 pick prospect yet.

Not to be jerk but what has Trouba done with the Jets that deserves such high praise. What is he ? A shut down guy with zero offensive skills or is he a offensive guy being held back ?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Depends on your viewpoint on analytics, but many say that Gardiner is a mobile D who is an elite shot suppressor. Bruins don't have a LHD of the same quality or type. While the B's could offer high end prospects.... that's not what WPG is reportedly looking for.

Others see a mediocre guy.

Will be interesting to see who is right about that.

Bingo

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Trouba

Boston's 1st in 17, Colin MILLER, Jake DEBRUSK and Malcolm SUBBAN for TROUBA's rights and Jets 2nd rounder in 17.

16-17 D
CHARA-TROUBA
KRUG-K. MILLER
LILES-MCQUAID
MORROW

More importantly 17-18 D
KRUG-TROUBA
CHARA-CARLO
ZBORIL-MCQUAID or K. MILLER
MORROW

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not to be jerk but what has Trouba done with the Jets that deserves such high praise. What is he ? A shut down guy with zero offensive skills or is he a offensive guy being held back ?

He's my favorite D in the league so I watch him a lot. Zero offensive skills? He had more goals per 60 than Krug last year with 1/3 the pp time. He's got a booming shot. He's not the puck distributor that Krug is for sure. But he's far better defensively thank Krug.

It's amazing here that whenever you compare a Bruins player to a player on another team who scores more points you get "Yeah but points aren't everything" and "Sure he scores but he can't find his own zone". Yet if a B's player has more points, all of a sudden points become the be all and end all.

And just as a comparison:
McAvoy freshman season at BU (and BU is my favorite college team)
3 g, 22 a

Trouba freshman at MICH- 12 g, 17a

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He's my favorite D in the league so I watch him a lot. Zero offensive skills? He had more goals per 60 than Krug last year with 1/3 the pp time. He's got a booming shot. He's not the puck distributor that Krug is for sure. But he's far better defensively thank Krug.

It's amazing here that whenever you compare a Bruins player to a player on another team who scores more points you get "Yeah but points aren't everything" and "Sure he scores but he can't find his own zone". Yet if a B's player has more points, all of a sudden points become the be all and end all.

And just as a comparison:
McAvoy freshman season at BU (and BU is my favorite college team)
3 g, 22 a

Trouba freshman at MICH- 12 g, 17a

Don't think I said that. But since you brought it up looking at his offensive stats he's not a guy that would be on the Bruins PP either.

Carlo looks to project as the Bruins next shutdown guy,looks to me he has the potential to become a JT type of player.

With the $ and players it will cost I would stay out of a biding war on this kid. Not saying he's not a very good player.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Boston's 1st in 17, Colin MILLER, Jake DEBRUSK and Malcolm SUBBAN for TROUBA's rights and Jets 2nd rounder in 17.

16-17 D
CHARA-TROUBA
KRUG-K. MILLER
LILES-MCQUAID
MORROW

More importantly 17-18 D
KRUG-TROUBA
CHARA-CARLO
ZBORIL-MCQUAID or K. MILLER
MORROW

Can we at least be somewhat realistic?? This isn't even close.

Chatting with a friend last night about Trouba. I said to him "think about what BOS should have got for Seguin (not what they actually got)". That's what WPG will want for Trouba. BOS will need to part with a player of some significance, prospects and picks won't do.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Can we at least be somewhat realistic?? This isn't even close.

Chatting with a friend last night about Trouba. I said to him "think about what BOS should have got for Seguin (not what they actually got)". That's what WPG will want for Trouba. BOS will need to part with a player of some significance, prospects and picks won't do.

Looking at the cap situation and the expansion draft, the B's might be the only team realistically in this.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Looking at the cap situation and the expansion draft, the B's might be the only team realistically in this.

There is no reason why they shouldn't be. This is the guy they were all hot and bothered about heading into free agency.

Should just offer sheet him for 7.25...assuming the B's have their 1st, 2nd & 3rd rounders next year.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I really like Trouba- a lot.

This would look pretty good as your top 4 D in time

McAvoy-Trouba

Krug - Carlo

The problem with that foursome is you have 3 RH defenseman in the top 4. Now maybe McAvoy can play the left side, but little Lord Trouba has his knickers in such a twist about being forced to play the left side that he has demanded a trade

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
For Trouba, would anyone here offer:

Debrusk, JFK, and Lauzon?

Or

Senyshyn, JFK, and Lauzon?

And would Winnipeg accept the offer?

I would and no they would not.

Their prospect cache is stacked (nice luck getting Laine at #2).

They need a core piece of NHL talent in return more than futures.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My shot at making this work (/ = one of):

:bruins
Trouba

:ducks2
Heinen
2017/2018 BOS 1st

:jets
Fowler
Griffith
2017/2018 BOS 1st

May need to switch Griffith out with another prospect, but I don't know who. Maybe give the Jets a BOS 2nd as well.

So, Boston gives up Heinen, two 1sts, Griffith, a 2nd?

Pass.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
And Joe what if the young guys don't step up and the D doesn't look good. The price for Dmen is going to be lower in December or February than it was in July?

Nobody cares about "boring" and "not boring". They care about bad d and good d. The B's D is not good. It wasn't good enough to make the playoffs the last 2 years and there's no reason to think it will be better this year.

Arguments for D to be better:

Things work out and Colin Miller or Joe Morrow or 20 year old Brandon Carlo are ready to be #5 Dmen. Torrey Krug is ready to be an offensive #2.

Arguments for D to be worse: Zdeno Chara is even older and breaks down even more, dropping over the years from elite #1, to good #1, to good #2 to below that this year.

I could see either situation happening for sure. But which is more likely? That's the key question.

I think it's about 30-70 for your proposition above. I can see Miller being a decent 5, but not sure Krug is capable of being a 2? And I think Chara will definitely continue to decline. Hopefully, slowly.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I wonder where that Jets fan is who came here to tell me what an idiot I was for suggesting this as a likelihood. :laugh:

Perhaps he's holding fast that there's still nothing wrong between the two sides and Trouba's long-term deal in Wiinipeg is just on the horizon.

I believe it was "Gump Hasek"? Been waiting for him to chime in.

As far as people saying Chia/EDM involved. I can't see WPG dealing him there if there are good offers from Eastern suitors.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
For Trouba, would anyone here offer:

Debrusk, JFK, and Lauzon?

Or

Senyshyn, JFK, and Lauzon?

And would Winnipeg accept the offer?

It's tough to find a spot for those forwards in Jets roster.

Laine- Scheifele- Ehlers
Connor- Little- Wheeler
My longterm top6 guess
With Dano, Armia, Petan, Roslovic, Perreault, Matthias, Tanev fighting for 3rd line spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad