Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I believe it was "Gump Hasek"? Been waiting for him to chime in.

As far as people saying Chia/EDM involved. I can't see WPG dealing him there if there are good offers from Eastern suitors.

I heard he's home curled up in a fatal position after literally 100s of posts as to why Trouba isn't going anywhere.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He's my favorite D in the league so I watch him a lot. Zero offensive skills? He had more goals per 60 than Krug last year with 1/3 the pp time. He's got a booming shot. He's not the puck distributor that Krug is for sure. But he's far better defensively thank Krug.

It's amazing here that whenever you compare a Bruins player to a player on another team who scores more points you get "Yeah but points aren't everything" and "Sure he scores but he can't find his own zone". Yet if a B's player has more points, all of a sudden points become the be all and end all.

And just as a comparison:
McAvoy freshman season at BU (and BU is my favorite college team)
3 g, 22 a

Trouba freshman at MICH- 12 g, 17a

As did Kevan Miller. So?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
For Trouba, would anyone here offer:

Debrusk, JFK, and Lauzon?

Or

Senyshyn, JFK, and Lauzon?

And would Winnipeg accept the offer?

No flipping way- driving to TC and you just got 3 thumbs down

Sweeney does that he needs to fired

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

:laugh: DKH, keep both hands on the wheel.

I'm not saying I'd do it, I'm trying to canvas opinions on here.

As I've said in previous posts, I'm not convinced that Trouba is any kind of savior future #1. Not sure he's the one we overpay for, if we do.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I understand pretty much every team is going to be in on Trouba.... but Sweeney has to make this happen. A young franchise D is available.... do whatever you gotta do Sweens. We have the assets to make it happen. Please bring JT to Boston.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Involving Spooner makes sense on one hand, and on the other it does not. The bruins are only getting older at the C position. Spooner, who does need more time and work, is one of the younger play-making C they have in the organization.

I can't see them trading him now that Vatrano is out for 3 months

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I believe it was "Gump Hasek"? Been waiting for him to chime in.

As far as people saying Chia/EDM involved. I can't see WPG dealing him there if there are good offers from Eastern suitors.

In Gump's defense (and mine since I said the same thing): There was one of the major most prominent Canadian hockey reporters who wrote that the rumors of Trouba wanting out were untrue.

Was that info spoonfed to him by a front office trying to hide the fact? That's certainly what it looks like, but it was certainly valid to say at the time that Trouba didn't want out given that report.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In Gump's defense (and mine since I said the same thing): There was one of the major most prominent Canadian hockey reporters who wrote that the rumors of Trouba wanting out were untrue.

Was that info spoonfed to him by a front office trying to hide the fact? That's certainly what it looks like, but it was certainly valid to say at the time that Trouba didn't want out given that report.

Gump Hasek was arguing his stance that Trouba was going nowhere on his board, other teams boards and the main board long before that report came out.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ha I don't think so:laugh:

I'm not saying they're going to get him. But they are fully expected by their peers to be in the running.

Thats all I'm saying.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Im having a tough time trying to form combo lines with Vatrano out now LOL

I absolutely cannot see the bruins having Spooner play centre for the time being because of this.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not saying they're going to get him. But they are fully expected by their peers to be in the running.

Thats all I'm saying.

I asked Billy Jaffe what he thought about Trouba and he said what Dom said - it's going to be a hard matchup. Not to put words in Jaffe mouth but my take away is Boston is not an easy fit. Dom said they'd likely need a third team. Boston may need him more but other teams have players who are good that can play now and have NHL experience

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Dom told me not to believe that report - kinda called this baby

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

PS: and don't worry about it, WPG would never accept either offer anyways.

They'll want Pasta, Krug, or some other top young roster player back (among other things). And they'll get it, likely from some other team with more of those kind of assets (I wouldn't move Pasta or Krug).

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
The Vatrano injury has me a little worried, it will probably take a lot off his season. With off season surgeries to Krejci and Krug, I think they could start out slow, thus a slow start by Boston.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

"The worst-case scenario is Kevin Cheveldayoff taking a page from the Kevin Shattenkirk trade talks, and both starting and ending any conversations with David Pastrnak as the main trade chip. The Bruins have made it clear they’re done “sprinkling their talent around the rest of the league†as one B’s front office exec made clear to CSN."

How are they then planning on getting a top3 RD?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
"The worst-case scenario is Kevin Cheveldayoff taking a page from the Kevin Shattenkirk trade talks, and both starting and ending any conversations with David Pastrnak as the main trade chip. The Bruins have made it clear they’re done “sprinkling their talent around the rest of the league†as one B’s front office exec made clear to CSN."

You put way too much stock and take quotes from Hockey Execs quite literally.

I'm sure they don't expect to get a Top 4 D-man by offering up bread-crumbs.

But Pastrnak is a non-starter, Sweeney isn't stupid, they can't afford to trade him, their absolute best forward under the age of 25.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

So because his rumored ask is LHD of similar ilk means that's what he'll receive?

I can't see a team giving up the equivalent in a LHD. He'll receive what the market dictates. Maybe he'll receive a better offer than his rumored ask. But I wouldn't too much stock into his desired ask.

Don't know if Sweeney can/ should make this happen. I do like that Trouba is allegedly willing to sign a "prove it" deal. Shows confidence.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

About ****ing time.

But I'm okay with trading almost any prospect in a deal. I think of them all I'd want to hold on to McAvoy 1st, Senyshyn 2nd. Literally anyone else should be easy to let go if its for a yound D-man (I like Lindholm way, way, way more than Trouba though).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You put way too much stock and take quotes from Hockey Execs quite literally.

I'm sure they don't expect to get a Top 4 D-man by offering up bread-crumbs.

But Pastrnak is a non-starter, Sweeney isn't stupid, they can't afford to trade him, their absolute best forward under the age of 25.

For some time I've been worried they are too high on their players and aren't willing to pay for high end players.
Not just going by that quote but it's still a bit alarming. Trades for players like Trouba will hurt, but Trouba level players can be huge core players for teams.

So because his rumored ask is LHD of similar ilk means that's what he'll receive?

I can't see a team giving up the equivalent in a LHD. He'll receive what the market dictates. Maybe he'll receive a better offer than his rumored ask. But I wouldn't too much stock into his desired ask.

Don't know if Sweeney can/ should make this happen. I do like that Trouba is allegedly willing to sign a "prove it" deal. Shows confidence.

I don't expect them to get LD version for Trouba but I think it's pretty clear that they want a player who can play right away, they want to start winning hockey games.
It's a long way from that ask to prospects/picks offer Sweeney is probably making.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you

Closest they could get to that would be Hamonic, who had requested a trade TO WINNIPEG this time last season.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
About ****ing time.

But I'm okay with trading almost any prospect in a deal. I think of them all I'd want to hold on to McAvoy 1st, Senyshyn 2nd. Literally anyone else should be easy to let go if its for a yound D-man (I like Lindholm way, way, way more than Trouba though).

Agree; McAvoy and Senyshyn are the two key guys I'd want to hold onto.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
For some time I've been worried they are too high on their players and aren't willing to pay for high end players.
Not just going by that quote but it's still a bit alarming. Trades for players like Trouba will hurt, but Trouba level players can be huge core players for teams.

I don't expect them to get LD version for Trouba but I think it's pretty clear that they want a player who can play right away, they want to start winning hockey games.
It's a long way from that ask to prospects/picks offer Sweeney is probably making.

It's not alarming at all. I'd be way more alarmed if there were rumors Boston was considering dealing Pastrnak away to get a Top 4 D-man to bridge the gap until hopefully some of their prospect D are NHL contributing players.

Pastrnak is a unique commodity for Boston, for all the quantity Boston's has in young prospect forwards, Pastrnak is really the only one they have with elite-level potential. What he's done before his 20th birthday as a NHL player is quite remarkable.

When your top 4 forwards (37/42/46/63) are between the ages of 32 and 28, dealing Pastrnak makes zero sense for Boston, even less sense considering the sheer quantity of young D-men they have in the system.

You do realize what Trouba or a Trouba-level player is right? He's a solid player, he'd be a great fit in Boston right now without question.

But let's not act like he's a saviour or is about to become a Norris-level type of player, or the type of guy you build a D-corps around. And I like Trouba very much, but let's keep in perspective what he is when talking trades.

And at least we agree there doesn't really seem to be a trade fit for what Boston can offer and what the Jets likely want in return.

If you believe his agent Trouba has been on the block all summer. If Sweeney could get Trouba for prospects and picks it would be done by now.

But the last thing he needs to do is cave to the pressure and deal his best/only top young forward in Pastrnak just to fill a hopefully temporary hole on D.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agree; McAvoy and Senyshyn are the two key guys I'd want to hold onto.

Pastrank, Heinen, and McAvoy for me.

46/63/37/42/33/40 make no sense.

Krug isn't going anywhere having just signed a new deal.

Vatrano is hurt and I'm very hesitant to move him. Love his game.

Outside of that I'd be willing to package 3-4 assets Winnipeg likes.

Problem is none of those assets are what they really want, meaning immediate help at LD.

Other than maybe working out a 3-way deal where Fowler ends up in Winnipeg, Trouba in Boston, and the young assets in Anaheim, I don't see how Sweeney pulls this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad