Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Maybe this is a tad off topic, but what do people see Pastrnak becoming? If you had to pick a F who you think he will end up performing similarly to in his career, who would that be?

I ask, because I think that while he is a good young player, is he the kind of guy who will make as much of a difference as a very good D?

I think he has top line winger upside, could easily see him 25+ goals, 70+ points a season if he reaches his potential.

Just turned 20, after all.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Maybe this is a tad off topic, but what do people see Pastrnak becoming? If you had to pick a F who you think he will end up performing similarly to in his career, who would that be?

I ask, because I think that while he is a good young player, is he the kind of guy who will make as much of a difference as a very good D?

Sergei Samsonav. Hopefully Pasta stays healthier.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site

I think either Palat or Hagelin

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
Sammy was flirting with 30 goals and breaking 70 points at the ages of 21/22 before his wrist injuries resurfaced.

I think he probably agrees that Sammy had high upside and would have garnered some good trade value had you had a silver ball and been able to predict his injury history. I'm sure every GM wishes that.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
In Gump's defense (and mine since I said the same thing): There was one of the major most prominent Canadian hockey reporters who wrote that the rumors of Trouba wanting out were untrue.

Was that info spoonfed to him by a front office trying to hide the fact? That's certainly what it looks like, but it was certainly valid to say at the time that Trouba didn't want out given that report.

which is a good reason to not run one's mouth - talking with great certainty - when one doesn't actually know what's going on.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
CT
Sammy was flirting with 30 goals and breaking 70 points at the ages of 21/22 before his wrist injuries resurfaced.

I think we saw the best samsonov was going to play, but that's a different debate. Even if Pastrnak's upside is similar to what Samsonov's was I would still trade him for Trouba.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Posturing? Maybe. If not, good luck Jets.

Reading Lawless's tweets you know Chevy doesn't want to(who would?) trade him and he was a big part of their future team.

Chevy could turn it around, what if he doesn't trade Trouba, where would he go to play and for how much, how much would that affect his next NHL contract?
Does Trouba end up signing a short term contract with the Jets in the end if no one is paying the price?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
which is a good reason to not run one's mouth - talking with great certainty - when one doesn't actually know what's going on.

This should be posted on the main page of HF Boards :laugh:

Also, you know the expression about smoke and fire. There had been a lot of chatter about Trouba not being happy in Winnepeg for some time.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Team has all the leverage.
They aren't going to trade Trouba for futures, they want a comparable talent now. If they don't get it, they won't trade him

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
They want 22yr old left handed Dman with upside?
Joe Morrow or Rob O'Gara

A little grit: McQuaid or Kevan Millar

plus Malcom Subban and a pick (not a 1st)

Sounds about right.

You could give me everything in the trash-bin, it's still not worth an ounce of gold ;)

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
You could give me everything in the trash-bin, it's still not worth an ounce of gold ;)

I don't know... we have a habit of taking bins all the time for a small piece of gold.
(I am not going to write the 2 trades - we all know them)

I think it is due time we exchange a bin for a tiny piece of the flawed gold that is Jacob Trouba. He hasn't shown enough yet to command a ransom.

I would trade Krejci straight up for him but Winnipeg would never take on the salary.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I see him as a Cam Atkinson or Zuccarello. Mid 20's in G.

Well he's already scored at a 20 goal per season pace since entering the league at 18.

So basically you don't see him getting becoming much more than what he is right now.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
They aren't going to trade Trouba for futures, they want a comparable talent now. If they don't get it, they won't trade him

This. No matter how many deals people (or Sweeney for that matter) come up with that involve futures, picks, prospects and forwards - the Jets are just not going to trade Trouba unless they receive a comparable D in return (sounds like a LHD). They've even stated as much now.

The only glimmer of hope for the Bruins would be some 3-team thing, like sending Fowler to the Jets via Anaheim. VERY tough to pull off. I'm not holding my breath.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I see him as a Cam Atkinson or Zuccarello. Mid 20's in G.

He's already better than Atkinson and will be better than Zucca in a season or two.

I think he has far more upside.

I'm thinking James Neale or even (eventually) Kutcherov/Johnny G output if he really attains his potential.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

I'm 50/50 on this. Yes the team has leverage in that they own his rights and therefore get to name their price, they can also choose to match or accept offersheet compensation. But, similar to the Hamilton deal, it seems Trouba has some requests of his own when it comes to salary, which side he plays and playing time. As much as the team can trade Trouba anywhere, that team is going to want assurance Trouba signs so they're going to have to be willing to meet his demands limiting the bidding pool.

So yes Winnipeg can do whatever they wish but Trouba also has a hand in this. I'll be curious to see how this shakes out. Someone is going to end up with a solid defenseman.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Trouba for Hamonic? Is Hamonic still looking to get dealt? If this continues Sweeney should offer sheet him with a contract designed so Winnipeg can't match. From Sweeney's perspective, how long does he have if he doesn't make the playoffs and put some much needed money in poor JJ's pocket? While the Bruins scouting seems to be doing a better job a top 2 defensemen is (obviously) very tough to acquire, if you can get one for picks that are hopefully in the twenties I would do it.

The prospect list seems pretty solid right now, if Cheveldayoff isn't willing to move him for solid prospects make the move and sign him to an offer sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad