Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Trouba for Hamonic? Is Hamonic still looking to get dealt? If this continues Sweeney should offer sheet him with a contract designed so Winnipeg can't match. From Sweeney's perspective, how long does he have if he doesn't make the playoffs and put some much needed money in poor JJ's pocket? While the Bruins scouting seems to be doing a better job a top 2 defensemen is (obviously) very tough to acquire, if you can get one for picks that are hopefully in the twenties I would do it.

The prospect list seems pretty solid right now, if Cheveldayoff isn't willing to move him for solid prospects make the move and sign him to an offer sheet.

Hamonic rescinded the request

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Morrow is a left hand D, similar age, ability... Ehhhhh well both were first rounders ;)

So throw in a 1st in 17 and 1st in 18.. Isn't that a fair deal?

Not according to Winnipeg that wants the left handed equivalent of Trouba right now. The Bruins don't have that player.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know... we have a habit of taking bins all the time for a small piece of gold.
(I am not going to write the 2 trades - we all know them)

I think it is due time we exchange a bin for a tiny piece of the flawed gold that is Jacob Trouba. He hasn't shown enough yet to command a ransom.

I would trade Krejci straight up for him but Winnipeg would never take on the salary.

I'm sure Krejci would love to waive his NMC to play with Wheeler again :sarcasm:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not according to Winnipeg that wants the left handed equivalent of Trouba right now. The Bruins don't have that player.

Well they do, in Krug, different type of player but of comparable stature and age.

But considering Boston just extended Krug what 8 weeks ago, he's not going to be dealt. So I don't see the point in proposing Krug for Trouba offers. Teams most often don't extend guys long-term, only to move them before their extension even starts.

Seriously who has an age/stature comparable left-shot D-man to trade for Trouba? And are willing to move out their own guy, weaken their left-side to strengthen their right?

Many look at Anaheim but I would imagine they would prefer to keep their own guy (Lindholm). The rumours of moving Fowler are based on internal budget concerns, so it makes little sense for them to move Fowler for Trouba if the issue is exceeding their internal budget and needing to move out salary.

Fans, like Jets management, can go up and down other teams rosters and all signs point to getting back exactly what the Jets are looking for is not going to be easy.

My guess is if Trouba is dealt, Winnipeg will need to conceed a bit a take a less-established left-shot young D (probably a guy with a high pedigree but currently on the 3rd pair) and a combination of other assets. And no I don't mean Joe Morrow, or any of Boston's left-shot prospect D. It will be someone who can help them now, and hopefully grow over time.

I don't see this Trouba thing being resolved anytime soon.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Isn't Cam Fowler pretty much the only guy out there that is a comparable young left-hander that 'could' be traded. And Anaheim has no use for Trouba, they are already loaded on defense.

I suggested a long time ago we work a three way deal with them. Jets get Fowler, we get Trouba, Anaheim gets Spooner or Pastranak plus.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Isn't Cam Fowler pretty much the only guy out there that is a comparable young left-hander that 'could' be traded. And Anaheim has no use for Trouba, they are already loaded on defense.

I suggested a long time ago we work a three way deal with them. Jets get Fowler, we get Trouba, Anaheim gets Spooner or Pastranak plus.

Jake Gardiner makes sense and is a left shot makes $4 M

I like him not sure if Winnipeg does but I could see this

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

That certainly something that could make sense and that I'd hope Boston would entertain.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

That's another good name, I definitely overlooked him. I think Jets fans think Trouba is too good for either, but it doesn't really matter what the fans think.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That certainly something that could make sense and that I'd hope Boston would entertain.

I'm in the minority (on the board) but I'm not trading David Pastrnak who just turned 20 and is the leading goal scorer for forwards in his draft class and is going to be a 30+ guy for 10 years. Nuts

I'd buy low here

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Clearly, Trouba will draw big interest around the league: he’s a 6-foot-1, 200-pound, right-shot defenseman who posted 10 goals and 29 points in his rookie season as a teenager and has averaged more than 22 minutes of ice time per game since entering the league.

This is yet another chance for Sweeney and Co. to close a deal on a defenseman and finally start to address some of the damage done while shipping away Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton in successive years. It will undoubtedly cost a pretty penny in terms of assets, but there has to be a reason why Sweeney has been stockpiling centers headed into training camp.

A package of Ryan Spooner, Joe Morrow and a first-round pick would be considerable, but it also might not be enough to get a deal done for a high-demand talent in Trouba. Undoubtedly the Jets would also for a blue chip D-man prospect such as Carlo, or perhaps they’d be more interested in veteran right-shot option Adam McQuaid, who could immediately replace Trouba in the Winnipeg lineup.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/haggerty-trouba-deal-one-bruins-need-get-done

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm in the minority (on the board) but I'm not trading David Pastrnak who just turned 20 and is the leading goal scorer for forwards in his draft class and is going to be a 30+ guy for 10 years. Nuts

I'd buy low here

Moving Pastrnak for Trouba is insanity for Boston. Kid might be the face of this franchise in 5 years.

If they had two Pasta's then maybe you move one for that D-man, but they don't.

Redo that 2014 draft today and Pastrnak might go Top 5.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I lived through the likes of Al Secord for Mike O'Connell, Reggie Leach for Carol Vadnais, and the horrible 3 team that sent Rick McLeish to the Flyers

All 3 were around Pasta age and getting their feet wet- Pasta was arguably ahead of all three

All 3 by age 25 were 50 goal scorers and in Leach case 60.

I've lived this and I was just as in tune then as now.

Sweeney gives up Pastrnak in that deal I'm done with him.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008

I'd buy low here

I don't want to lose Pastrnak but one of the gaping hole on defense needs to be addressed. This team doesn't have the talent to outscore their problems on the back end and I consider this a top-10 offense so that's saying something.

If a deal can be worked out sending Spooner out I do it. I'd seriously consider something involving Pastrnak though.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

It's Gardiner plus. If you're gonna use my stuff, get it right :laugh::laugh:

Can't believe some people - not Jets fans but hockey people - are throwing out a Leafs name I wouldn't trade - Mitch Marner.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't want to lose Pastrnak but one of the gaping hole on defense needs to be addressed. This team doesn't have the talent to outscore their problems on the back end and I consider this a top-10 offense so that's saying something.

If a deal can be worked out sending Spooner out I do it. I'd seriously consider something involving Pastrnak though.

They deal Pasta in that deal I am going to the Dark Side. I will be like the hate Sweeney crowd on steroids.

There strength is that defensive inventory

Hey, do it check back in 3 or 4 years

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I lived through the likes of Al Secord for Mike O'Connell, Reggie Leach for Carol Vadnais, and the horrible 3 team that sent Rick McLeish to the Flyers

All 3 were around Pasta age and getting their feet wet- Pasta was arguably ahead of all three

All 3 by age 25 were 50 goal scorers and in Leach case 60.

I've lived this and I was just as in tune then as now.

Sweeney gives up Pastrnak in that deal I'm done with him.

You'll like this http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-east/boston-bruins/projecting-david-pastrnaks-probable-ceiling/

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
I package Subban before I move Pasta

Winnipeg has a great goalie prospect already and Subban is a massive unknown after his larynx injury. so if we're talking Trouba I just don't see Winnipeg finding value in Subban.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Here's my thinking on offering Pasta, from a value standpoint:

If each player reaches his ceiling, is a Kessel/Seabrook a fair comparison? Maybe a little too generous for Pasta?

My point is that you have to give to get, and unless you have some different projections for each player, if this is a future 30-35 goal scorer with a mediocre 3-zone game for a solid #2 dman, I make that deal. Obviously you'd prefer to hold onto maybe the only real future sniper in the system, but I think the situation for the next few seasons mandates that you need to find a d-man now. And he needs to be good.

The only way this deal backfires is if Trouba doesn't pan out or Pasta ends up being Kovalchuk. Either are possible I guess, but neither seems overly likely. Chances are one of them will end up exceeding expectations and the other falling a hair short, but that wouldn't make for a terrible trade in hindsight either way.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Winnipeg has a great goalie prospect already and Subban is a massive unknown after his larynx injury. so if we're talking Trouba I just don't see Winnipeg finding value in Subban.

Not only do Winnipeg not need a young goaltender (Hutchinson under contract, Hellebuyck the heir apparent, Eric Comrie is a solid prospect as well), goaltender trade values, especially non-established ones like Subban, have never been lower with impending expansion.

No team is coughing up valuable assets for unproven goaltenders in the next 10 months or so. Let alone a team like Winnipeg that has no need for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad