Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bobby Mac says this a long line of suitors but that ARI is definitely a "serious suitor"

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
not cheap per say but leverage is in the other teams favor when the player wants out.

Chevy won the Kane trade when he had a bad situation, and this is #3 6'2 RD we are talking about with room to improve.

If Chevy gets 10 teams calling then he has strenghts.

Bobby Mac says this a long line of suitors but that ARI is definitely a "serious suitor"

Looking at Ari someone like Chychrun would make sense for Jets.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

Feels like Arizona wants every player in the league on their team. Boston should be able to get him, and if Trouba has any input (he wont) a promise of walking into top pair on the right side is more than enough to get it done.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Chevy won the Kane trade when he had a bad situation, and this is #3 6'2 RD we are talking about with room to improve.

Yep, and Snow showed last season, as did Yzerman, the player wants out? Cool, offer me something worthwhile or he can sit and sulk.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So where are all the Jets fans who were convinced there was no way Trouba wasn't going to get re-signed. They spent the entire summer firing off one ridiculous argument after another why there was no way Trouba wouldn't be a Jet going forward.

That being said, as has been said on this board many times, hard to see a fit for the Bruins and Jets for a Trouba trade.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
So where are all the Jets fans who were convinced there was no way Trouba wasn't going to get re-signed. They spent the entire summer firing off one ridiculous argument after another why there was no way Trouba wouldn't be a Jet going forward.

That being said, as has been said on this board many times, hard to see a fit for the Bruins and Jets for a Trouba trade.

I proposed quite a trade in the other offseason thread, I suggest you take a look.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Trouba?

A young D, with upside, who is also a RFA?

We should offer a 1st and two 2nds.

That should get it done, right? I mean, there's market precedent for that deal after all.

With Trouba publicly indicating he wants a trade, I'm certain WPG will forget they have all the leverage and instead panic and take that offer immediately, rather than patiently shopping him around the league for the best possible deal.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Looking at Ari someone like Chychrun would make sense for Jets.

Totally different situation, as bad as the relationship was with Kane/Jets, he had Kane under contract with no trade protection.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Totally different situation, as bad as the relationship was with Kane/Jets, he had Kane under contract with no trade protection.

RD with C's are the most valuable pieces in the league.
Trouba is 22y 6'2 RD, like you are seeing from tweets there's high intrest in him.
Pretty much every Gm would love to add a player like him.

I doubt 1st+ 2 2nds is the best offer Chevy is going to get.

edit, I'm not saying he's going to get Hall/Johansen type of player.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Trouba?

A young D, with upside, who is also a RFA?

We should offer a 1st and two 2nds.

That should get it done, right? I mean, there's market precedent for that deal after all.

Hopefully, WPG panic and take that offer rather than patiently shopping him around the league for the best possible deal.

At worst get three great prospects like the Bruins did for a player that wanted out of the city ? for a player in my opinion is most likely is as good as he's going to be.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
RD with C's are the most valuable pieces in the league.
Trouba is 22y 6'2 RD, like you are seeing from tweets there's high intrest in him.
Pretty much every Gm would love to add a player like him.

I doubt 1st+ 2 2nds is the best offer Chevy is going to get.

All I said the situation was different than Kane's.

I have no idea what the offers will be on Trouba. Yeah he's probably going to get more than a 1st and a couple 2nds. There will be a lot of teams with interest I'm sure.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
All I said the situation was different than Kane's.

I have no idea what the offers will be on Trouba. Yeah he's probably going to get more than a 1st and a couple 2nds. There will be a lot of teams with interest I'm sure.

My point on that was that Kane had asked a trade and the situation in Winnipeg at the time was pretty bad, and Chevy still managed to get a strong return for a winger.

This makes the pre season more interesting atleast.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
At worst get three great prospects like the Bruins did for a player that wanted out of the city ? for a player in my opinion is most likely is as good as he's going to be.

I just read Trouba wants out of Winnipeg. He's actually expressed it publicly, which weakens Winnipeg's leverage more.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My point on that was that Kane had asked a trade and the situation in Winnipeg at the time was pretty bad, and Chevy still managed to get a strong return for a winger.

This makes the pre season more interesting atleast.

Matter of fact, I think it came out after Kane had requested a trade quite a while before he was ever dealt.

Big difference, it was never public, and the player was still in your line-up.

Chevy simply doesn't have as much leverage this time. He will likely still get a nice return.

The pressure is on both sides to get something done one way or another by Dec. 1st. After that, who knows.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Just wondering Bill, or anyone else in the know, if Sweeney has made a legitimate pitch for Trouba in the past?

Also wondering how you see Trouba rounding out - legit #1-2 dman, top 4? Admittedly I haven't seen him play much. Tones of hype surrounded him at the draft, but I really don't know much about the type of player he is.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Just wondering Bill, or anyone else in the know, if Sweeney has made a legitimate pitch for Trouba in the past?

Also wondering how you see Trouba rounding out - legit #1-2 dman, top 4? Admittedly I haven't seen him play much. Tones of hype surrounded him at the draft, but I really don't know much about the type of player he is.

If the Bruins still had Hamilton, that would have been such an easy trade to make.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If the Bruins still had Hamilton, that would have been such an easy trade to make.
The Jets don't need RD because they have Byfuglien and Myers. They desperately need a LD. Krug would probably have to be included in a package for Trouba, but I don't see the Bruins doing that at all. The Bruins have the prospects and picks, but Winnipeg is already loaded with a deep prospect pool. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Top pairing defender who is physical, can skate, pass and let it rip from the point.

I keep repeating myself, but Trouba solves all the current problems on the Bruins' blueline for good.

I haven't wanted an available player this bad since Zdeno Chara.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Matter of fact, I think it came out after Kane had requested a trade quite a while before he was ever dealt.

Big difference, it was never public, and the player was still in your line-up.

Chevy simply doesn't have as much leverage this time. He will likely still get a nice return.

The pressure is on both sides to get something done one way or another by Dec. 1st. After that, who knows.

I may remember wrong but I'm remembering everyone knew Kanes time was out before his trade.
HF was going crazy at the time, Buff throwing his clothes and what else.

Trouba, McAvoy, Carlo now there's a right side to build on, but the 2 teams make a bad fit.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I may remember wrong but I'm remembering everyone knew Kanes time was out before his trade.
HF was going crazy at the time, Buff throwing his clothes and what else.

Trouba, McAvoy, Carlo now there's a right side to build on, but the 2 teams make a bad fit.

The clothes thing was the final straw, but it came out after the fact that Kane had requested a trade some 18 months or so before that. Easy to be patient when the player is still in your line-up. Actually Chevy showed more patience on that one than most GMs would have.

I like that right side, but can Boston get Trouba without sending one of Carlo or McAvoy back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad