Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They play a similar style of game; it really isn't as difficult a concept to grasp as you are making it out to be.

Morrissey is probably the superior skater of the two though.
:naughty:

I'm grasping the concept just fine. Playing a similar style of game in juniors, even the AHL, is not the same as playing that style in the NHL.

Aren't you the same guy that told me Copp was going to be a stud last year? :laugh:

moonshot summit

Jun 30, 2015
Halifax, NS
Because when his agent 'suggested' they pick up his brother in March and they didn't, he was a goner

Good news though Hamilton is not that good and Calgary has discussed trading him

curious your scouting report on Hamilton - including present game and projection

The reason I mentioned Hamilton is because it sounds like the exact same thing is happening in Winnipeg with Trouba.

I also think his game right now is exactly what the bruins need (needed, hopefully). They got pinned in their own zone way, way too much. Dougie is great at skating it out of trouble and is pretty good at the breakout passes too. I don't think hes perfect. He gets lost on coverage and gets beat in the crease a lot. But I think the positives heavily outweigh the negatives. Plus, he was dragging the corpse of Kris Russell when he was playing with Calgary.

He's still young. I have no idea how hes gonna turn out. Look at Hedman though. Everybody was just about ready to call him a bust and he figured it out. Dougie is, what, 22? 23?

Anyway, thats a really long way of saying that I feel like where there is smoke there is fire, and Trouba might be moving soon, regardless of need.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Unfortunately, here we are hoping a young dman will step up, instead of knowing that a young Dman has been given enough games at the NHL level to be ready for duty. In other words, if you've got holes that you're not going to fix via external candidates, then go with youth and live with the results. Don't make half-hearted attempts that marginally improve the D but don't really get you any further in the long run.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I wonder if Fluffy will really really surprise at camp and put the Bs and himself in a tough position. Has that happened before? Committed to college and then been that good youve flagged it and gone pro straight away (well, not straight away but you know what I mean)

Not saying its likely but it is possible considering what Ive seen of him, and since he was drafted he has stepped it up a notch.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
When does camp start?

BOSTON BRUINS 2016 ROOKIE AND TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE PRESENTED BY AT&T:
-Practice times and locations will be announced at a later date

Thursday, September 15
-Rookie Camp opens

Thursday, September 22
-Main Camp opens

Friday, September 23
-On-ice practice

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
BOSTON BRUINS 2016 ROOKIE AND TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE PRESENTED BY AT&T:
-Practice times and locations will be announced at a later date

Thursday, September 15
-Rookie Camp opens

Thursday, September 22
-Main Camp opens

Friday, September 23
-On-ice practice

Soz, I looked it up after I posted that and found the dates and figured no one over there would be awake to see it before I edit it anyway haha

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I wonder if Fluffy will really really surprise at camp and put the Bs and himself in a tough position. Has that happened before? Committed to college and then been that good youve flagged it and gone pro straight away (well, not straight away but you know what I mean)

Not saying its likely but it is possible considering what Ive seen of him, and since he was drafted he has stepped it up a notch.

Classes started at BU yesterday. Typically, the College guys are not at camp, and may not even be able to attend due to NCAA regulations?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm fairly certain ncaa prospects can attend camps, provided they pay their own way.

I believe that pay their own way is a way of allowing them to go to the summer development camp. I don't think they can go to fall training camp

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Hello Bruins. I have a question about Colin Miller. It looks like he's going to be getting a regular spot with lots of minutes this year likely paired with Chara or Krug. Is this more or less correct? He played 42 games last year, was this due to not being slotted into the line up or injuries? Is he likely to become a regular in the line up and put up points is really what I'm trying to ask. Thanks.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hello Bruins. I have a question about Colin Miller. It looks like he's going to be getting a regular spot with lots of minutes this year likely paired with Chara or Krug. Is this more or less correct? He played 42 games last year, was this due to not being slotted into the line up or injuries? Is he likely to become a regular in the line up and put up points is really what I'm trying to ask. Thanks.

Miller is an odd case, as it stands today, there is a good chance he is the opening night partner for Chara, but at the same time he could end up the #7 defenseman, or included in a deal for another D-Man

Last year he got caught a bit in the AHL shuffle as he had eligibility in the AHL when some of their other guys didn't. And then his play was inconsistent which lead to some pressbox time

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Miller is an odd case, as it stands today, there is a good chance he is the opening night partner for Chara, but at the same time he could end up the #7 defenseman, or included in a deal for another D-Man

Last year he got caught a bit in the AHL shuffle as he had eligibility in the AHL when some of their other guys didn't. And then his play was inconsistent which lead to some pressbox time

oof. hard one to figure out eh? He put up a decent amount of points last year in the limited games and will probably be paired up well. I'd imagine if he gets 82 this year he could be pretty good for my fairly deep points only pool. but if he's left as the 7th man....

thanks for the info.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
oof. hard one to figure out eh? He put up a decent amount of points last year in the limited games and will probably be paired up well. I'd imagine if he gets 82 this year he could be pretty good for my fairly deep points only pool. but if he's left as the 7th man....

thanks for the info.

I for one am planning on him being in the top four unless we see a trade. He needs to play to develop and will play a big role in where the Bruins end up for sure.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

He was soooo loose in his defensive play by the end of the year... Obviously has the tools- but he was all over the place at times.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
College guys can attend camp if they pay their own way. They may not appear in preseason games or even "Traverse City" style prospect games.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
College guys can attend camp if they pay their own way. They may not appear in preseason games or even "Traverse City" style prospect games.

I wonder if we can expect McAvoy, Donato, Fitzgerald and JFK at camp then?

What about Kompannen? There was some talk in July about Providence College trying to recruit him. Has anyone heard if he is going NCAA?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I wonder if we can expect McAvoy, Donato, Fitzgerald and JFK at camp then?

What about Kompannen? There was some talk in July about Providence College trying to recruit him. Has anyone heard if he is going NCAA?

I'm not claiming to any inside info, but I doubt those guys will be there. Classes have started and I imagine there are team commitments even if official practices haven't started.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

thanks for the info.

offensively he`s NHL ready and a guy you could probably pencil in as one who`ll put pts up. His struggles were in the D-zone, hardly a shock for a young d-man still learning the game. I stand by my opinion that had Morrow been eligible to be sent to the AHL without having to clear waivers, he would have been the one sent down and Miller stayed with the big club

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'm fairly certain ncaa prospects can attend camps, provided they pay their own way.

Does it cost them any money besides transportation?

Seeing as the new practice rinks in Brighton, BC, BU, and Harvard prospects can get there with relative ease.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Speaking of the new practice center. I think merely having an upgraded facilities closers to downtown means a more professional, disciplined, and we'll rested team. To me this could add at at least 5 points on the season by itself. Anyone have thoughts on how the Warrior rink will impact the team going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad