Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign G Kevin Lankinen to 1y/0.875m Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Our management out-waited Lankinen's camp who clearly saw there was zero market for goalies elsewhere and we get a one year contract at barely above league minimum and zero risk.

4 GSAx in 24 starts last year, 8.6 GSAx in 19 the year before. Hoping we're not going to need him for more than about 30-35 starts but this is a whole lot better than going into the year with Silovs Patera.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I thought there might be interest from Boston considering the Swayman situation but I guess that wasn't the case

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sometimes the UFA market makes you scratch your head. I mean why would a goaltender like Lankinen last on the market all the way through the summer and not get a contract until three days into training camps for most teams?

I suppose there's the possibility that his camp was holding out for too much money or term; but a lot of goalies of lesser quality found work a long time ago. But props to Allvin. Just like Suter two seasons ago; and Sprong earlier this summer; he seems to have the ability to 'wait out the market' and then get the guy he wants with impressive contract numbers and term.

Lankinen is great 'goalie insurance' until they figure out where Demko is at. Problem is, when Demko returns, they've got a serious log-jam in the crease. But I suppose one of their netminders could be 'a trading chip'.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Sometimes the UFA market makes you scratch your head. I mean why would a goaltender like Lankinen last on the market all the way through the summer and not get a contract until three days into training camps for most teams?

I suppose there's the possibility that his camp was holding out for too much money or term; but a lot of goalies of lesser quality found work a long time ago. But props to Allvin. Just like Suter two seasons ago; and Sprong earlier this summer; he seems to have the ability to 'wait out the market' and then get the guy he wants with impressive contract numbers and term.

Lankinen is great 'goalie insurance' until they figure out where Demko is at. Problem is, when Demko returns, they've got a serious log-jam in the crease. But I suppose one of their netminders could be 'a trading chip'.

I think teams see that there are 3 goalie situations like in Minny, and 5 goalie situations in Detroit and assume they might be able to get a better quality goalie on the waiver wire.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Didn’t think Lankinen would come all the way down, figured they’d need to find an extra $150k or so to make it happen, but this is good news. Goalie market must be totally dead.

Woodley loves this guy.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
There we go. Could create a bit of a situation once everyone is healthy, but as we saw last year, having an abundance of NHL-ready goalies is essential nowadays, especially as Demko's legs and hips are made of refurbished zucchini sticks.

And now Poolman really needs to get moved.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
There we go. Could create a bit of a situation once everyone is healthy, but as we saw last year, having an abundance of NHL-ready goalies is essential nowadays, especially as Demko's legs and hips are made of refurbished zucchini sticks.

And now Poolman really needs to get moved.

Silovs starts in Abbie when all healthy. No point having him backup with Lankinen in the system. Patera is probably the biggest L in that scenario.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
lankinen/silovs for the time being. until demko is FULLY 100 percent healthy run with demmer and lanks. silovs down to abbotsford.

Bad news for Tolopilo and Patera and probably really bad news for one of them
one will stay one will get picked up via waivers from somebody

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Silovs starts in Abbie when all healthy. No point having him backup with Lankinen in the system. Patera is probably the biggest L in that scenario.
Yeah, most likely this. And I am for resting Demko as much as possible, without him getting too rusty.

Silovs and Tapioca will eventually be the tandem in Abby, and Pantera will have to Walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad