Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If I'm Chevy I'll come back at that offer with a bottom line of replacing McQuaid with McAvoy. So ...

To Winnipeg
2017 first
2018 first
McAvoy
Morrow

To Boston
Mark Stuart
Jacob Trouba

It equals the 4 firsts they would likely receive in a Trouba offer sheet.

They get to dump Stewart, but we are also asking them to eat a first in Morrow who looks like his ceiling may be lower than it was in his draft year.

Well that would at least make the phone calls stop. No Bleeping way.

Within 2 years that deal would explode in Boston's face in a very unappealing way. Maybe it's 3 years before McAvoy is the better player

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If I'm Chevy I'll come back at that offer with a bottom line of replacing McQuaid with McAvoy. So ...

To Winnipeg
2017 first
2018 first
McAvoy
Morrow

To Boston
Mark Stuart
Jacob Trouba

It equals the 4 firsts they would likely receive in a Trouba offer sheet.

They get to dump Stewart, but we are also asking them to eat a first in Morrow who looks like his ceiling may be lower than it was in his draft year.

So Basically Morrow to cap dump Stuart is worth a 1st rounder? I'm not so sure.

And as bad as Winnipeg fans say Stuart is, who knows if Chevy is pushing to move him anyways. He might be fine with Stuart on his roster for the coming season. Can't assume they want him dealt, his cap hit/contract isn't huge .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I might make the deal, Trouba has more potential upside than Krug, but it is all potential at this point. Trouba was a mediocre #5 last season, not a high end top pairing guy.

That is the big concern with Trouba, he is more like a Hamiliton at this point than a Lindholm. A different type of player than Hamilton, as Hamilton was an explosive offensive force who had problems in his end. Trouba is more of a stay home guy who has shown poor hockey sense, and very limited offensive upside. But Lindholm has already shown he is the real deal, and a legitimate #1, Trouba has a long way to go to make it there.

Honestly I think Krug for Trouba makes you worse this season, and well it might make you better 2-3 years down the line, I just don't know I'd do it.

In general I don't believe in 3 way deals but a Trouba for Fowler makes a ton of sense for Winnepeg, and makes them a lot better, but is not a deal that works for Anaheim. So could Boston (or someone else), make a deal with Anaheim that makes a 3 way trade happen? That is the only way I think Boston has a chance of making a deal happen

Trouba was #2D for Winnipeg and makes his partners better, he can actually defend and moves the puck well. Trouba has been carrying Stuart like crazy.
The problem with Fowler for Trouba for Jets would likely be the contract difference, Fowler has just 2 years left untill UFA, and for Bruins is what can they offer to boost Anaheims top6 cheaply.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Since Winnipeg really needs Trouba based on their roster why again are they trading him:laugh:

When you look at the Jets roster he kind of makes sense to them as much as us? No?

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
So Basically Morrow to cap dump Stuart is worth a 1st rounder? I'm not so sure.

NO. 4 firsts is the price tag on Trouba. But Morrow probably doesn't have as much value as an actual first round pick, based on his ceiling perceived as having fallen since his draft year. I'm suggesting Winnipeg might overlook that if they could add a small cap dump in the deal.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Since Winnipeg really needs Trouba based on their roster why again are they trading him:laugh:

When you look at the Jets roster he kind of makes sense to them as much as us? No?

Apparently not. The sticking point on Trouba signing with Winnipeg has little to do with money or term. The problem for Trouba is his usage, or more appropriately, LACK of usage.

More interesting than the debate about money and term, then, is Trouba’s concern about his usage and where he fits into the Jets’ lineup. That Lawless points to Trouba’s wanting to play a steady top-four role at even strength and wanting to play alongside one of the Jets’ top three defenders points to the biggest issue facing the rearguard over the past two seasons: his partnership with Mark Stuart.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/j...money-term-but-usage-concerns-stand-out-most/

We WOULD use his in a top 4 roll. Winnipeg doesn't. Therefore, we need him on our roster more than they need him on theirs.

What Winnipeg DOES NOT HAVE is prospect depth at defense. We have that in spades.

A trade makes perfect sense. Trouba helps us now and in the future, while our prospects &/or picks help Winnipeg's defensive prospect depth.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
NO. 4 firsts is the price tag on Trouba. But Morrow probably doesn't have as much value as an actual first round pick, based on his ceiling perceived as having fallen since his draft year. I'm suggesting Winnipeg might overlook that if they could add a small cap dump in the deal.

And you put McAvoy in the deal, who I would not trade right now for 2 future #1 picks.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
lets role what we have on defense and see what happens.
I'd be perfectly fine with that. Cassidy is planning to have the defense make quicker transitions out of their own zone by having the defense carry the puck out and make quicker passes. In my opinion, the Bruins have the personnel to play that way with players like Colin Miller, Morrow, Krug, Liles, Carlo, O'Gara, and Grzelcyk on the team/in the system (that could be ready to make the jump).

Would it be ideal for the Bruins to add another defenseman this offseason? Yes. However, many here have been clamoring for the Bruins to give the young guys a shot to make the roster, and I think those fans will get their wish this season. It will be nice to know what the Bruins have in their system. Unfortunately, if the Bruins don't want to overpay for a defenseman this offseason, they will probably have to wait until June before the expansion draft to trade for one.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Don't think they are trading him.
It's more like 10 teams/fans hoping they'd trade him.

With Buff 31y Trouba is a nice fit for that team, difficult to find a better fit via trade.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I'd be perfectly fine with that. Cassidy is planning to have the defense make quicker transitions out of their own zone by having the defense carry the puck out and make quicker passes. In my opinion, the Bruins have the personnel to play that way with players like Colin Miller, Morrow, Krug, Liles, Carlo, O'Gara, and Grzelcyk on the team/in the system (that could be ready to make the jump).

Would it be ideal for the Bruins to add another defenseman this offseason? Yes. However, many here have been clamoring for the Bruins to give the young guys a shot to make the roster, and I think those fans will get their wish this season. It will be nice to know what the Bruins have in their system. Unfortunately, if the Bruins don't want to overpay for a defenseman this offseason, they will probably have to wait until June before the expansion draft to trade for one.

Agreed. To add a quality defenceman will just take too many assets. Better in my mind to tough it through, hope for some unexpected magic, and wait for prospects to develop (or a "hockey trade" that makes sense to occur).
Probably going to be a tough season, but there have been worse. At least there are some exciting prospects to follow/hope for.
Plus, it's sports....anything can happen :)

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins really needed Hamilton based on their roster- why did they trade him?

Because when his agent 'suggested' they pick up his brother in March and they didn't, he was a goner

Good news though Hamilton is not that good and Calgary has discussed trading him

curious your scouting report on Hamilton - including present game and projection

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Don't think they are trading him.
It's more like 10 teams/fans hoping they'd trade him.

With Buff 31y Trouba is a nice fit for that team, difficult to find a better fit via trade.

Why wouldn't they keep him he's a perfect fit

He's no Dougie Hamilton but who is

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
And you put McAvoy in the deal, who I would not trade right now for 2 future #1 picks.

We all have our favourites, but right now he's just a prospect - promising, as they all are. 13 other NHL teams chose to go a different direction with just a single first round pick and as it stands right now, that's where his value would be pegged. A single first round pick.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We all have our favourites, but right now he's just a prospect - promising, as they all are. 13 other NHL teams chose to go a different direction with just a single first round pick and as it stands right now, that's where his value would be pegged. A single first round pick.

So Zboril, Senyshyn, Zboril, and McAvoy all have identical value right now?

I'll stand by my statement, Boston would not trade him for 2 future first round picks right now or at least not for 2 future first round picks from a potential playoff team

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Doubful, I don't think they are that desperate to move Stuart. Certainly aren't going to take a lesser package for Trouba just to cap dump Stuart.

This isn't Chicago where they are up against the cap. Even if they gave Trouba 7 million per (and their not), they still have about 4 million in cap space this year, and about 8 million coming off the books next year with Pavelec and Stafford UFA. Even if they have an internal budget I don't think they are concerned at all about cap dumping Stuart. When they start needing money for Laine and Ehlers, Stuart is long gone.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Bobby Orr was a prospect

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I wish HF didn't clean up the old posts

You could go back to Training Camp 2010 and fine hundreds of posts wanting to trade a first round pick and Marchand for Chris Drury.

Folks did not think much of Marchand after a 1 assist in 15 or so games at the end of the 2009-10 season and especially when he clipped Seidenberg in the first camp scrimmage and Claude lost it on him

Drury went on to score one more goal and retire - Marchand won a Cup

But you folks couldn't wait to dump him - not really even considering him a prospect just filler

The only two things overwhelmingly consistent on this board are
1. Negativity
2. Impatience

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

You could go back to Training Camp 2010 and fine hundreds of posts wanting to trade a first round pick and Marchand for Chris Drury.

Folks did not think much of Marchand after a 1 assist in 15 or so games at the end of the 2009-10 season and especially when he clipped Seidenberg in the first camp scrimmage and Claude lost it on him

But you folks couldn't wait to dump him - not really even considering him a prospect just filler

1. Negativity
2. Impatience

3. Overrating prospects that haven't proved anything
4. Predicting great things for a team but refusing to back it up
5. Puffing up a player beyond belief until he's traded at that point he automatically becomes soft, weak and a mama's boy.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

1. Negativity
2. Impatience

Drury (age 34) for Marchand (age 22)

Now
Trouba (age 22) for McAvoy (age 18)

Got anymore false equivalences?

But DKH has decided McAvoy is the best prospect, so I guess that means it's the right time to trade him ;)

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

1. Negativity
2. Impatience

That flashback works both ways though. We could go back and read about all the amazing prospects the 2010 Bruins have up and coming. I still remember penciling in Lashoff each year to be paired with Chara...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad