Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Trouba is the guy I want. And that's where there seems to be the most discord between the player and team...

Krug - Trouba is a pair that can evolve and grow with the team.

Short term...

Krug - Trouba
Chara - C.Miller
Lilles - K.Miller

Long term and in no particular order..

Krug - Trouba
Lindgren - McAvoy
Johansson* - Carlo

*You can sub in Grzlyk or Lauzon or Zboril or whoever you like there. Whoever isn't traded as part of the package for Trouba.

I agree that would be ideal

Next year we could go with something like this

Krug-Trouba
Chara-McAvoy
Zboril-C Miller
Carlo

We have so many d prospects though that look like they have serious pontential I wouldnt be surprised to see Donny just sit tight and wait for the kids to develop into these spots

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I agree that would be ideal

Next year we could go with something like this

Krug-Trouba
Chara-McAvoy
Zboril-C Miller
Carlo

We have so many d prospects though that look like they have serious pontential I wouldnt be surprised to see Donny just sit tight and wait for the kids to develop into these spots

Both Kevan Miller and Mcquaid have a few years left on their contract and I think by next year 1 will be gone but not both.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Their problems last year were that they were in the midst of a youth movement, lost 1C Bryan Little to a neck injury in Feb for nearly 1/2 of the year, gutted their captain in-season as a part of the move toward youth, took a ton of penalties and had poor special teams. Yet toward the end of the year, after Ladd was traded the team played so much better... as a bunch of young guys grew into their roles; the new #1 line of Ehlers, Scheifele, Wheeler was pretty much unstoppable after its formation.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...reak-ties-him-with-best-of-nhl-374174851.html

They have addressed the special teams by adding two coaches, and will be adding Finnish pp points machine Patrik Laine to the pp, and Shawn Mathias (a really good pk guy) to their pk. With Ehlers, Laine, & Connor on the left side, the Jets offense will be much more dynamic this year, and the offense will be spread out (versus being a one-line team previously). Mark Scheifele has grown into a legit 1C, Little will follow in the 2 spot, and Perreault is a good 3C. They also are in the process of moving out Pavelec and giving the net to Hellebuyck.

They will be a vastly improved team this year, and will be a powerhouse soon enough. They finally have depth, and that is what will drive them forward.

I admire your optimism. I try to be the same way the the B's :laugh:

The Jets were 8-9-4 after Ladd left, so they played a little bit better, but not a lot. Ladd played nearly 60 games for the Jets so saying "gutted" might be a little strong, especially when you are also telling me that the Jets played better after he left. That's seems to be a bit of a contradiction? Little's return will help, but he did play 57 games, which is quite a bit more than half.

I think that both Ehlers and Laine will be very good players, but counting on them too much might be a mistake (same mistake I make with young players). Now that teams have a book on Ehlers, and he will become more of a focal point, he will have to up his game and may struggle a bit as a sophomore. We saw that with Pastrnak in Boston. Laine looks like the real deal and I would love him in Boston, but there is another player on your roster than did nearly as well as a 17 year old in the Finnish Elite League and he has never established himself in the NHL. Counting on one guy (a rookie) to fix your PP woes (while losing Ladd's PP production) might be a bit presumptuous? Hellebucyk had a very good year, but he needs to show he can do it for 50-60 games.

It should be interesting to see how the Jets season plays out and whether they can get contributions from young guys like Conner and Roslovic as well.

Good Luck this year.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
The Jets were 8-9-4 after Ladd left, so they played a little bit better, but not a lot. Ladd played nearly 60 games for the Jets so saying "gutted" might be a little strong, especially when you are also telling me that the Jets played better after he left. That's seems to be a bit of a contradiction? Little's return will help, but he did play 57 games, which is quite a bit more than half.

I think that both Ehlers and Laine will be very good players, but counting on them too much might be a mistake (same mistake I make with young players). Now that teams have a book on Ehlers, and he will become more of a focal point, he will have to up his game and may struggle a bit as a sophomore. We saw that with Pastrnak in Boston. Laine looks like the real deal and I would love him in Boston, but there is another player on your roster than did nearly as well as a 17 year old in the Finnish Elite League and he has never established himself in the NHL. Counting on one guy (a rookie) to fix your PP woes (while losing Ladd's PP production) might be a bit presumptuous? Hellebucyk had a very good year, but he needs to show he can do it for 50-60 games.

It should be interesting to see how the Jets season plays out and whether they can get contributions from young guys like Conner and Roslovic as well.

Good Luck this year.

Stating the Jets "gutted their captain" was meant to convey that they made a massive change by moving out a leader in-season.

Going from February-onward having lost their #1C due injury was a gigantic loss.

Am actually a pretty conservative guy. Not counting on one or two young players to move the Jets forward but rather am counting upon vastly upgraded talent throughout the lineup and on massive organizational depth gains. As stated, they recently were essentially a one-line team, and all you had to do to stop the Jets was to check the top-line; adding Laine to the second-line and Connor to the third gives them three scoring lines. Upgraded goal-tending and special teams will make a huge difference for them.

Plus, Patrik Laine is a star in waiting, frankly; hard not to be excited about that reality. He probably has a top-10 shot in the NHL without having played a game yet (according to many scouts); his shot arsenal is incredible across the board, his release is lightning fast, and his accuracy is amazing. Goalies say his shot comes off the stick in a weirdly deceptive manner; they can't figure out where he is aiming. He is going to shred the NHL for years to come. Here he is in the playoffs while leading his men's pro team to a league title (at age 17):

Don't want to clog your thread with Jets talk. Good luck this season. Am out of here.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
lol I love being told the Jets won't trade Trouba because they don't need anything. . They must be the deepest 78 point team ever

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
lol I love being told the Jets won't trade Trouba because they don't need anything. . They must be the deepest 78 point team ever

Yeah, well we are on HFUTURE Boards not HCURRENT Boards so every prospect is going to hit and have an impact while providing ppg stats to back up their draft pedigree. Just ask the Oilers fans in 2011 how good they are going to be in the 2011-2012 season!

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Done.

But the debate probably comes over the prospect. I'd want to protect McAvoy, Heinen, Senyshyn and Donato.

Would someone from the group of Lauzon, Zboril, Subban, JFK, Griz, Bjork, Debrusk group get it done?

May or may not be fair, but again, WPG has no interest in McQuaid. It would have to be a LHD if you wanted to include a d in the deal.

Trade 1: McQuaid for a 3rd (Ottawa??)

Trade 2: Two 1sts, DeBrusk and 3rd (from trade 1)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

They need a top pairing LHD.
They could use a true #1 C but they may get that if Schiefle progresses.

They don't need:
W prospects or wingers in general
G prospects or goalies in general
RHD

If push comes to shove and Trouba wants out, the WPG is going to have to deal him in a deal that doesn't return what they "need" and instead just go for the best value.

But it's just hard to see a good match with the B's. The B's don't have a spare top pairing or 2nd pairing LHD. Krejci's injury hurts his trade value. So there's nobody on the B's that fit WPG's top 2 needs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They need a top pairing LHD.
They could use a true #1 C but they may get that if Schiefle progresses.

They don't need:
W prospects or wingers in general
G prospects or goalies in general
RHD

If push comes to shove and Trouba wants out, the WPG is going to have to deal him in a deal that doesn't return what they "need" and instead just go for the best value.

But it's just hard to see a good match with the B's. The B's don't have a spare top pairing or 2nd pairing LHD. Krejci's injury hurts his trade value. So there's nobody on the B's that fit WPG's top 2 needs.

Yup, Bruins best bet is 3-way with Fowler.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I dream of the day we can be like modern Winnipeg now.

What :laugh:

The jets who had 78 points last year and have sucked oh, I don't know forever

How did they get to be so modern?

If you are talking Laine and Scheifele you kind of have to pick in top 5. Boston fans can't even deal with 95 and 93 point seasons and 9 first and second round picks while retooling - and they'll be in the 90's again this year

Kyle Connor better be great- history as the 17th pick is not on his side but we shall see. Hey he was my guy I'm covered

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I admire your optimism. I try to be the same way the the B's :laugh:

I think that both Ehlers and Laine will be very good players, but counting on them too much might be a mistake (same mistake I make with young players). Now that teams have a book on Ehlers, and he will become more of a focal point, he will have to up his game and may struggle a bit as a sophomore. We saw that with Pastrnak in Boston. .Laine looks like the real deal and I would love him in Boston, but there is another player on your roster than did nearly as well as a 17 year old in the Finnish Elite League and he has never established himself in the NHL Counting on one guy (a rookie) to fix your PP woes (while losing Ladd's PP production) might be a bit presumptuous? Hellebucyk had a very good year, but he needs to show he can do it for 50-60 games.

Good Luck this year.

2015-16 Liiga Rookie of the Year.
2015-16 Liiga Rookie Goals Leader.
2015-16 Liiga Rookie Points Leader.
2015-16 Liiga Playoff MVP and Champion.
2015-16 Liiga Playoff Goals Leader.
2015-16 Liiga Record Setter for Most Playoff Goals By a Rookie.
2016 World Junior All Star Team.
2016 World Junior Gold Medal.
2016 World Junior Goals Leader.
(2015 U-18 All Star Team.
2015 U-18 Silver Medal.
2015 U-18 Goals Leader.)
2016 World Championship MVP.
2016 World Championship Silver Medal.
2016 World Championship All-Star Team.
2016 World Championship, IIHF Directorate Award for Best Forward.
2016 World Championship, Award for Top 3 Player on Team.
2016 World Championship Goals Leader.
2016 World Championship Record Setter for Most Goals by a Player in First Year of NHL Draft Eligibility.
2016 World Championship Record Setter for Most Points by a Player in First Year of NHL Draft Eligibility.
Second-Highest Point Total by a U-19 Player at a World Championship Tournament (behind only Sidney Crosby, 2006).

Laines draft year, please don't compare him to Armia.
I've said it before to you that they are different.

They aren't perfect but they are considered as having one of the best prospect pools/u25 team in the league, then they have quality vets in Wheeler, Buff, Little and so on.
Like said before me Boston- Winnipeg make bad trading partners.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What :laugh:

The jets who had 78 points last year and have sucked oh, I don't know forever

How did they get to be so modern?

If you are talking Laine and Scheifele you kind of have to pick in top 5. Boston fans can't even deal with 95 and 93 point seasons and 9 first and second round picks while retooling - and they'll be in the 90's again this year

Kyle Connor better be great- history as the 17th pick is not on his side but we shall see. Hey he was my guy I'm covered

Your "defend Sweeney against even the smallest of criticisms" neurons must have blocked your "sarcasm detecting" neurons.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd focus on Trouba

Just sayin'

Another player that pushes the Bruins from DNQ to playoff team. One addition.

Fowler
Trouba
Ristolainen
Lindholm

Any of these players push Chara's minutes down and make this team a playoff team. It's that big of a hole for a couple years now that will make all the difference in the world with the 2016-2017 Boston Bruins.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'd focus on Trouba

Just sayin'

He's been my real focus all along. Ever since the reports of potential contract dispute and him "wanting out" of Winnipeg. Grain of salt I take with all of it, but smoke and fire and all of that... Plus, I've said it before that Trouba is guy who cures all ills on Boston's blueline.

But as snippy as the comments surrounding the Jets' disappointment of a season last year are (and not without merit either), I do strongly believe that finding a match between the two clubs is a profoundly difficult thing to do. "The Team with no Holes" is a more accurate statement than 78 points would have you believe. And Cheveldayoff is one difficult and stingy GM. If it doesn't apply direct benefit to his team, I could see him holding out for an offer that would.

I'm skeptical that the Bruins currently stable the correct horses to make it work.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
He's been my real focus all along. Ever since the reports of potential contract dispute and him "wanting out" of Winnipeg. Grain of salt I take with all of it, but smoke and fire and all of that... Plus, I've said it before that Trouba is guy who cures all ills on Boston's blueline.

But as snippy as the comments surrounding the Jets' disappointment of a season last year are (and not without merit either), I do strongly believe that finding a match between the two clubs is a profoundly difficult thing to do. "The Team with no Holes" is a more accurate statement than 78 points would have you believe. And Cheveldayoff is one difficult and stingy GM. If it doesn't apply direct benefit to his team, I could see him holding out for an offer that would.

I'm skeptical that the Bruins currently stable the correct horses to make it work.

It's a contest between Chevy and Trouba.

Who has the patients to wait it all out?

Is Trouba willing to lose a year or will he settle for the best he can get from the Jets? And if he is, will Chevy be willing to have an asset miss a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad