Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
If we're going to offer sheet anyone, I'd want it to be Seth Jones. If I'm mistaken and he's not restricted, I'll just go away.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Trouba is the guy I want. And that's where there seems to be the most discord between the player and team...

Krug - Trouba is a pair that can evolve and grow with the team.

Short term...

Krug - Trouba
Chara - C.Miller
Lilles - K.Miller

Long term and in no particular order..

Krug - Trouba
Lindgren - McAvoy
Johansson* - Carlo

*You can sub in Grzlyk or Lauzon or Zboril or whoever you like there. Whoever isn't traded as part of the package for Trouba.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
a young d-man like TROUBA is not a realistic option (Jets intend to sign him no matter what). maybe the Jets consider this in order to clear space for TROUBA.

To Boston
Tyler MYERS and Drew STAFFORD for

Jimmy HAYES
Malcolm SUBBAN
Adam MCQUAID and
Edmonton's second in 17?

Jets fan here; that offer would be of no interest to Winnipeg, frankly. The Jets have a ton of forwards already competing in the coming camp for just a few open spots; their forward group is stacked now, so Hayes is of no interest as such. The Jets have two arguably better goalies in their pipeline vs. Subban (Hellebuyck, Comrie); no interest in Subban. Mcquaid and a 2017 second? Meh.

They wouldn't even counter that offer, but rather would just wish you good luck elsewhere.

Cheers.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
a young d-man like TROUBA is not a realistic option (Jets intend to sign him no matter what). maybe the Jets consider this in order to clear space for TROUBA.

To Boston
Tyler MYERS and Drew STAFFORD for

Jimmy HAYES
Malcolm SUBBAN
Adam MCQUAID and
Edmonton's second in 17?

Jets clear 4 million and we add the right shooting minute munching D-man we desperately need. One year of STAFFORD at 4 per is better the tow with HAYES at 2+ every day of the week. The Jets just might bite if they feel the crunch to lock up TROUBA. MYERS may just find his form again mentored by CHARA. STAFFORD provides some RW insurance is PASTRNAK isn't quite ready to assume a top six role, insulates SPOONER is PASTRNAK is ready.

VATRANO-KREJCI-BACKES
MARCHAND-BERGERON-PASTRNAK
BELESKEY-SPOONER-STAFFORD
MOORE-ACCAIRI-NASH/RANDELL

CHARA-C. MILLER
KRUG-MYERS
MORROW/LILES-K. MILLER

RASK
KHUDOBIN

Pretty horrible for WPG as it doesn't address their roster or needs at all. They have at least one, and arguably 2 goalie prospects better than Subban. They have more Ws than they need, and if they are dealing Stafford, they'd rather just replace him internally with Dano or Armia. There is no place for McQuaid, even if they deal Myers, as they have 4 RHD already.

If you want Myers, offer a similar LHD. I can't see them dealing him for a bunch of pieces that won't even make their roster.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I remember discussing this with you awhile back and wondering why it wasn't done before more often.

I may not be understanding what Dom is saying, but if he's saying what I think, it's at best borderline cap circumvention and possibly outright crossing the line. On top of that, what's to stop a player from changing his mind and saying "No thanks" to the extension deal?

I'm not saying it's impossible as Dom has more ties to agents than I do (which is 0) but reading the CBA, there is language about future promises and such. I'd have to reread it to get the exact wording.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Trouba is the guy I want. And that's where there seems to be the most discord between the player and team...

Short term...

Krug - Trouba
Chara - C.Miller
Lilles - K.Miller

Krug - Trouba
Lindgren - McAvoy
Johansson* - Carlo

*You can sub in Grzlyk or Lauzon or Zboril or whoever you like there. Whoever isn't traded as part of the package for Trouba.

2 1sts, prospect and McQuaid for Trouba, fair?

Sign him 6 X 6.5M

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not sure where to put this or if it is old news, but Krejci has withdrawn from the world cup because of his hip.

Not a good sign.

it's not a bad sign considering he's recovering from hip surgery and his status for the world cup has been in question all along. there's nothing worrisome about this, he's just not fully recovered yet and probably more than anything he's trying to avoid jeopardizing his availability for Bruins camp.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He was on the ice the other day and from reports, is ahead of schedule for his return. I would just as soon he did not play in the WC anyway.

This was my first thought as well. I never thought he would be playing in the tourney as his status for the NHL season was even in question.

Would hope for his sake (and ours) that he was 100% before playing competitive hockey again.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure where to put this or if it is old news, but Krejci has withdrawn from the world cup because of his hip.

Not a good sign.

Great to me- last thing this team needs is 46 playing in a highly competitive September tourney after surgery

If Krejci plays 70 + games that's big

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is what makes this so difficult. Trading with a team with really no needs.

The Jets would want a... Left Defenceman back?

I don't know. They're stacked though.

The Jets are in a good position to tell Trouba to pound sand, if need be.

But, if it gets to a point where they did decide to trade Trouba, I don't see where this LD that is as good as Trouba deal is. Gardiner+ maybe? A three-way involving Fowler? Don't see anything else out there unless you start talking about LD prospects. Maybe an upgrade at C would be enticing for them as Scheifele and Little project better as #1B or #2 C. Either way, unless a Fowler three-way becomes a real option, I don't see how the Bruins fit, nor do I think WPG fans will be very happy with the return IF it gets to the point where they decide to move him.

edit: Unless WPG thinks that their current veteran core + all their youth on ELCs means its a good time to open their window right now. Which isn't a bad thought process for them. Then the Bruins could make it interesting if they were willing to take a step back, which I don't think they are.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
2 1sts, prospect and McQuaid for Trouba, fair?

Sign him 6 X 6.5M

Done.

But the debate probably comes over the prospect. I'd want to protect McAvoy, Heinen, Senyshyn and Donato.

Would someone from the group of Lauzon, Zboril, Subban, JFK, Griz, Bjork, Debrusk group get it done?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
The Jets pipeline is overflowing with high quality players as it is; http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jets-window-opportunity-opening-sooner-later/

They'd have no interest in offers of futures in exchange for a key piece of their D.

I think a team can always use futures. If nothing else, they're currency.

Trade a talented young player who you're having issues with for the assets to get a talented young player who wants to be there.

Bruins give WPG XYZ for Trouba
WPG gives ANA XYZ for Fowler

I think that would be better than letting Trouba sit out. Fowler's a lefty so he can play with Buff or Myers, and Trouba fits Boston's needs better as a RH'd D.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Short term...

Krug - Trouba
Chara - C.Miller
Lilles - K.Miller

Krug - Trouba
Lindgren - McAvoy
Johansson* - Carlo

I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Lindgren - McAvoy just seemed destined to play together.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I don't mean any disrespect, but I look at WPG's current roster and wonder how the **** they didn't make the playoffs? It seems like they have the talent, but are missing something.

Their problems last year were that they were in the midst of a youth movement, lost 1C Bryan Little to a neck injury in Feb for nearly 1/2 of the year, gutted their captain in-season as a part of the move toward youth, took a ton of penalties and had poor special teams. Yet toward the end of the year, after Ladd was traded the team played so much better... as a bunch of young guys grew into their roles; the new #1 line of Ehlers, Scheifele, Wheeler was pretty much unstoppable after its formation.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...reak-ties-him-with-best-of-nhl-374174851.html

They have addressed the special teams by adding two coaches, and will be adding Finnish pp points machine Patrik Laine to the pp, and Shawn Mathias (a really good pk guy) to their pk. With Ehlers, Laine, & Connor on the left side, the Jets offense will be much more dynamic this year, and the offense will be spread out (versus being a one-line team previously). Mark Scheifele has grown into a legit 1C, Little will follow in the 2 spot, and Perreault is a good 3C. They also are in the process of moving out Pavelec and giving the net to Hellebuyck.

They will be a vastly improved team this year, and will be a powerhouse soon enough. They finally have depth, and that is what will drive them forward.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
This is what makes this so difficult. Trading with a team with really no needs.

The Jets would want a... Left Defenceman back?

I don't know. They're stacked though.

I don't think they intend to trade him at all, frankly.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/drafting-laine-complicated-potential-trouba-trade-talks/

Some Jets fans also overstate the need for a left D and overlook that management here is patiently building via the draft. Josh Morrissey is set to graduate into an LD spot this season; he is a dynamic kid, a former first round pick, one that will garner notice around the league as a really good puck-mover when he arrives.

Good luck this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad