Bruins Off Season III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Also on TSN 1290, former NHL executive Bill Watters opined that the Jacob Trouba camp “wants out of Winnipegâ€. While Watters isn’t close enough to either side to have any particular insight past what his hockey sense tells him, it does continue the narrative that has been going on. Both Matt Larkin of The Hockey News and Darren Dreger of TSN spoke recently on the station about a possible Trouba deal, with Larkin going so far as saying “I’m seeing a trade in Trouba’s future, because the two camps seem to be so far apart in terms of how they value what Trouba has done in the NHL so far.†Indeed, Trouba is currently playing at the World Cup without a deal, and both sides seem just as far apart as ever on the future of the young defenseman.

http://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2016/09/setoguchi-heritage-classic.html

Mayhem

Feb 27, 2002
PerfectStorm Country
Visit site
Does it cost them any money besides transportation?

Seeing as the new practice rinks in Brighton, BC, BU, and Harvard prospects can get there with relative ease.

I suspect transportation i.e. flights/cab rides is the lion's share of expenditures. I'd imagine the team also pays for lodging and meals for those not from area (and probably the locals as well).

But someone above me made an excellent point. Outside of d-camp it makes little sense for college players to attend, considering they are in the thick of class work in September.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I suspect transportation i.e. flights/cab rides is the lion's share of expenditures. I'd imagine the team also pays for lodging and meals for those not from area (and probably the locals as well).

But someone above me made an excellent point. Outside of d-camp it makes little sense for college players to attend, considering they are in the thick of class work in September.

And, they aren't allowed to play in ANY games, even those prospect tournament things like Traverse City.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Seems like bringing the college kids in doesn't do them much good and takes away from the staff paying attention to guys that are closer to making the team. They should have a different camp to introduce college guys to what is expected of them in the pros. You could call it development camp! ;)

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Seems like bringing the college kids in doesn't do them much good and takes away from the staff paying attention to guys that are closer to making the team. They should have a different camp to introduce college guys to what is expected of them in the pros. You could call it development camp! ;)

Probably makes more sense to do what usually happens, sign the college player at end of NCAA season and bring them in to Providence for some experience like I think they did with Heinen.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
anyone know a good place to see the remaining unsigned RFAs around the league? Wondering what D targets the Bruins might be able to go after besides the well-known ones like Trouba & Lindholm.

edit:
nevermind, found it:
https://www.nhl.com/news/free-agency-tracker-signings-2016/c-281090126

Only other guy on this list that I didn't know about was Dmitry Orlov. Apparently talks with the Caps haven't gone super well and the Caps are kind of in a cap jam where they can probably only afford a bridge deal for him. His possession numbers are pretty much better than anyone on the Bruins and I think he'd be a great fit here, RFA and only 25.

Maybe something around picks/prospects and throw in McQuaid to even things out?

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I seriously can't recall a single time where an NCAA prospect skipped his September classes for two weeks, and paid his own way to attend training camp.

If there is an example of a player doing this I'd love to hear it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://collegehockeyinc.com/ncaa-eligibility

Do not accept payment or gifts based upon your ability as a hockey player. Do not sign a contract or play a game (even an exhibition game) for a professional team, including those in the CHL. You may attend a camp with a professional team for up to 48 hours if they are covering expenses or longer if you cover all expenses. Junior, prep or high school teams may cover some or all of your costs to play for them, as long as they are actual and necessary expenses. - See more at: http://collegehockeyinc.com/ncaa-eligibility#sthash.lqmzi9Cx.dpuf

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Top 50 NHL Defensemen: Who will Sweeney get?

1. Erik Karlsson
2. Brent Burns
3. P.K. Subban
4. Kris Letang
5. Dustin Byfuglien
6. Oliver Ekman-Larsson
7. John Klingberg
8. Shea Weber
9. John Carlson
10. Victor Hedman
11. Shayne Gostisbehere
12. Mark Giordano
13. Drew Doughty
14. Roman Josi
15. Keith Yandle
16. Kevin Shattenkirk
17. Duncan Keith
18. Aaron Ekblad
19. Torey Krug
20. Justin Faulk
21. Tyson Barrie
22. Brent Seabrook
23. Sami Vatanen
24. Alex Pietrangelo
25. Rasmus Ristolainen
26. Jake Muzzin
27. Colton Parayko
28. Hampus Lindholm
29. Ryan Suter
30. TJ Brodie
31. Morgan Rielly
32. Dougie Hamilton
33. Marc –Edward Vlasic
34. Seth Jones
35. Anton Stralman
36. Brian Campbell
37. Mike Green
38. Jacob Trouba
39. Ryan McDonagh
40. Dion Phaneuf
41. Andrei Markov
42. Zdeno Chara
43. Michael Stone
44. Matt Dumba
45. Adam Larsson
46. Alec Martinez
47. Trevor Daley
48. Mattias Ekholm
49. Johnny Boychuk
50. Noah Hanifin

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

1. Erik Karlsson
2. Brent Burns
3. P.K. Subban
4. Kris Letang
5. Dustin Byfuglien
6. Oliver Ekman-Larsson
7. John Klingberg
8. Shea Weber
9. John Carlson
10. Victor Hedman
11. Shayne Gostisbehere
12. Mark Giordano
13. Drew Doughty
14. Roman Josi
15. Keith Yandle
16. Kevin Shattenkirk
17. Duncan Keith
18. Aaron Ekblad
19. Torey Krug
20. Justin Faulk
21. Tyson Barrie
22. Brent Seabrook
23. Sami Vatanen
24. Alex Pietrangelo
25. Rasmus Ristolainen
26. Jake Muzzin
27. Colton Parayko
28. Hampus Lindholm
29. Ryan Suter
30. TJ Brodie
31. Morgan Rielly
32. Dougie Hamilton
33. Marc –Edward Vlasic
34. Seth Jones
35. Anton Stralman
36. Brian Campbell
37. Mike Green
38. Jacob Trouba
39. Ryan McDonagh
40. Dion Phaneuf
41. Andrei Markov
42. Zdeno Chara
43. Michael Stone
44. Matt Dumba
45. Adam Larsson
46. Alec Martinez
47. Trevor Daley
48. Mattias Ekholm
49. Johnny Boychuk
50. Noah Hanifin
Thanks for posting but who made it? Yandle over Petriangelo

So Krug is a 1 and Chara a 2

Krug rated well above Hamilton

This list was obviously not done by a Bruins fan q

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'm more disappointed that Shayne Gostisbehere didn't make the top 10...I mean, I guess 66 games in your NHL career puts you ahead of Doughty but not Big Buff:sarcasm:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

1. Erik Karlsson
2. Brent Burns
3. P.K. Subban
4. Kris Letang
5. Dustin Byfuglien
6. Oliver Ekman-Larsson
7. John Klingberg
8. Shea Weber
9. John Carlson
10. Victor Hedman
11. Shayne Gostisbehere
12. Mark Giordano
13. Drew Doughty
14. Roman Josi
15. Keith Yandle
16. Kevin Shattenkirk
17. Duncan Keith
18. Aaron Ekblad
19. Torey Krug
20. Justin Faulk
21. Tyson Barrie
22. Brent Seabrook
23. Sami Vatanen
24. Alex Pietrangelo
25. Rasmus Ristolainen
26. Jake Muzzin
27. Colton Parayko
28. Hampus Lindholm
29. Ryan Suter
30. TJ Brodie
31. Morgan Rielly
32. Dougie Hamilton
33. Marc –Edward Vlasic
34. Seth Jones
35. Anton Stralman
36. Brian Campbell
37. Mike Green
38. Jacob Trouba
39. Ryan McDonagh
40. Dion Phaneuf
41. Andrei Markov
42. Zdeno Chara
43. Michael Stone
44. Matt Dumba
45. Adam Larsson
46. Alec Martinez
47. Trevor Daley
48. Mattias Ekholm
49. Johnny Boychuk
50. Noah Hanifin

I'm going to be nice and assume this isn't a ranking from 1-50 just a general listing of who you believe are the Top 50.

And to answer your question, my guess is none of the above.

Edit: I found where you got your list from.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Lucas-Neilson/Fantasy-Top-50-Defensemen/213/79154

This is essentially a fantasy listing for hockey pools putting a premium on point production (Hence Drew Doughty at No. 13).

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to be nice and assume this isn't a ranking from 1-50 just a general listing of who you believe are the Top 50.

And to answer your question, my guess is none of the above.

Edit: I found where you got your list from.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Lucas-Neilson/Fantasy-Top-50-Defensemen/213/79154

This is essentially a fantasy listing for hockey pools putting a premium on point production (Hence Drew Doughty at No. 13).
I should have known

Krug is better defensively than Hamilton and this list gives him the offense

What did the Bruins give up for Krug? Money

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
i've thought all along that money was never an issue for Trouba. He does not want to spend the next 5-8 years in Winnipeg period.

Sweeney needs to make Trouba a Bruin.

I'd offer 2017 1st + Zboril + C. Miller

Winnipeg will not get full value for Trouba if the reports are true.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
i've thought all along that money was never an issue for Trouba. He does not want to spend the next 5-8 years in Winnipeg period.

Sweeney needs to make Trouba a Bruin.

I'd offer 2017 1st + Zboril + C. Miller

Winnipeg will not get full value for Trouba if the reports are true.

I think that's a pretty nice deal for them. Think they're focused on competing now though, so might be tough to convince them to take futures.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Ultimately if it takes Pastrnak to get Trouba, and you can't parlay Pastrnak + into a better option like Lindholm, then I still do it. It hurts, but you have to hope with guys like Vatrano, Heinen, Debrusk, Donato, etc. that somebody hits. Bottom line is that there are apparently several D prospects coming soon, and if good young NHL defenseman are so damn valuable that our GM just can't seem to acquire one, then he'll be sitting on a treasure trove in a couple years. At that point he can look to move one for offense, but until then, this defense won't stand. I have much more faith that they can win without Pastrnak than I do with Pastrnak and THIS defense. Nobody could win with this defense.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If WPG asks for Pastrnak + Zboril, what do you say?

No Zboril. I'd counter with Pasta and a 3rd round pick. Yeah they are taking the risk that Pasta is a raw player, but we are taking the same risk with Trouba and Trouba doesn't want to be there.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
No Zboril. I'd counter with Pasta and a 3rd round pick. Yeah they are taking the risk that Pasta is a raw player, but we are taking the same risk with Trouba and Trouba doesn't want to be there.

Not only that; but it's easier to find a winger to replace Pasta then a top 2 dman.

Trouba makes this team 10x; and that's even if Pasta puts up Kessel numbers.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If Pastrnak would be made available, I would aim higher than Trouba. I would gladly offer Pastrnak + Spooner + 1st for Lindholm. I just think that with McAvoy and Carlo in the pipeline, LD is a more pressing need. It also puts Chara on the 2nd -pairing which I feel like he would be better suited at this stage in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad