Rumor: Bruins and Oilers talking swap?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not convenient at all.. using his most recent work.. it's REALLY clear that his game has been in decline.

View attachment 494481

Playoffs

View attachment 494483

We are on season 2 of obvious decline. It's also very public that he wants a trade yet he's still there.

FTR.. I'd do 2017 debrusk for 2021 Yam in a second.

To be fair, Cassidy has not been a good coach aside from getting the Bergeron line in a position to carry the team, and allow the defensive structure/McAvoy/Rask to do the rest.

Debrusk never played on a complete second line. It was always he and Krejci as a two man line due to Sweeney's incompetence.

In the past season, Cassidy demoted Debrusk to the bottom six which, along with Debrusk's inconsistency explains the decrease in scoring.

Debrusk next to McDavid or Draisaitl is scoring 30 goals in a season, no question.

The Bruins record with developing talent aside from the elite Pastrnak and McAvoy has been utterly horrendous and that should be resulting in new management... but the Bruins are satisfied with a playoff series revenue and this does not appear likely.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Bruins are not going to get a better player than Debrusk in a Debrusk trade.
Personally, I think you're right. It's his salary that is the problem. Eveyone is cap strapped and 3 mill for 'upside from 2 years ago' is tough to swallow unless you want crap back (Kassian, Koskinen, Turris and Shore).

Free rental for a playoff run and goodbye Jake is most likely the smart play unless Sweeney can pull a trade (has had a month now and this trade rumour is not new)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Debrusk next to McDavid or Draisaitl is scoring 30 goals in a season, no question.
If I had a nickel everytime I read this about at least 50 different players.

Eg. there is a Kubalik rumour to Edmonton, same logic. Declingin player.. will revitalize on McD or Drai wing. AA will also get 30 playing with him. Another former 30 goal guy on a decline.

We can't even get RNH to score 30 on his wing. Or Yam. Maybe Hyman and JP buck the trend.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
There's some fans of Lauko, and I think he has upside.

Will he reach it in the Boston system? I don't know.

As for Krejci, Bruins definitely miss Krejci, BUT: and big but here, Sweeney failed miserably at finding his replacement.

I don't think Krejci was a blindside loss, Sweeney just prepared awfully and thought his other mediocre changes would help.

Debrusk was struggling with Krejci at times. And Krejci honestly didn't really pick up play until Hall showed up.

I was personally fine with moving on from Krejci had we actually had some sort of replacement, but Bruins don't. And here we are.
Sweeney failed at finding a replacement Krejci because he misread if he was coming back or not . He also told Krecji to take his time making a decision,,,,,,,,,,,,

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Sweeney failed at finding a replacement Krejci because he misread if he was coming back or not . He also told Krecji to take his time making a decision,,,,,,,,,,,,
Another reason I'll be happy when Sweeney is gone.

He must be bad at reading his players in general. I feel like Sweeney seems to be caught off guard way more times than I'd like.

From everything I read, Krejci had said he was going back to the Czech republic.

With young goalies Swayman and Vladar, made a lot more sense trying to use that cap space on some better forward help instead of in net. But hey, I'm not an expert.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Personally, I think you're right. It's his salary that is the problem. Eveyone is cap strapped and 3 mill for 'upside from 2 years ago' is tough to swallow unless you want crap back (Kassian, Koskinen, Turris and Shore).

Free rental for a playoff run and goodbye Jake is most likely the smart play unless Sweeney can pull a trade (has had a month now and this trade rumour is not new)
Bruins should not be going for "free rental" for this declining team. Adding Rask back, keeping Debrusk, all the wishful thinking Krejci was coming back? It's like the Bruins haven't tried that before. It's time to move on.

Reactions: Czechboy

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
If I had a nickel everytime I read this about at least 50 different players.

Eg. there is a Kubalik rumour to Edmonton, same logic. Declingin player.. will revitalize on McD or Drai wing. AA will also get 30 playing with him. Another former 30 goal guy on a decline.

We can't even get RNH to score 30 on his wing. Or Yam. Maybe Hyman and JP buck the trend.

I definitely understand that. I don't know quite how each of those play, but Debrusk is a fast skater, north-south which seems like it would work well with a McDavid. He scores very effectively on rebounds in the crease and breakaways rather than shots from a distance like a typical goal scorer.

I root heavily for Debrusk as he had so much more potential than Sweeney and Cassidy have accomplished. Debrusk even plays on the penalty kill now at times using his speed...

Alone on an island but I would rather see new management, a new coach, and a new system to enable offensive players to have success before trading the Bruins 3rd or 4th best goal scorer (depending on one's view of Hall).

For example, Sweeney has yet to put together a complete 2nd line in his entire tenure.

Cassidy played Kuraly in OT as a primary option.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
From an Oiler side I am intrigued but this one for one talk is a joke. Debrusk is a RFA in 22/23 with a huge qualifying offer that the oilers cannot afford. Yamamoto is on pace for 15+ goals and plays gritty hockey for a little guy, so there will definitely be some form of add on the bruins side. IMO it would be best if the Plus was cap from the oilers to balance out this deal.

Yamamoto, Turris, Shore(3.625m)

For

Debrusk(3.675m)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I definitely understand that. I don't know quite how each of those play, but Debrusk is a fast skater, north-south which seems like it would work well with a McDavid. He scores very effectively on rebounds in the crease and breakaways rather than shots from a distance like a typical goal scorer.

I root heavily for Debrusk as he had so much more potential than Sweeney and Cassidy have accomplished. Debrusk even plays on the penalty kill now at times using his speed...

Alone on an island but I would rather see new management, a new coach, and a new system to enable offensive players to have success before trading the Bruins 3rd or 4th best goal scorer (depending on one's view of Hall).

For example, Sweeney has yet to put together a complete 2nd line in his entire tenure.

Cassidy played Kuraly in OT as a primary option.
FTR.. I'd love Debrusk.. but in our bottom 6 and for what we pay Yam. If he regains form (some do) then bonus!

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This makes me want to vomit.

Been discussed on the Bruins forum, it's not a fit for either team. Pass

Could actually benefit Bruins a lot. Yamamoto has potential - he showed it 2yrs ago. Now he has constantly been shippen between 1-4 lines and regressed. I´d like to see him given a chance. Look at Verhaeghe in Florida...

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
2 goals + 1 assist for Yamamoto, he was quite possibly our best player tonight.

I'll happily hold onto him, especially considering his cap hit.

Reactions: PuckG and Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

10 points on season for Yam now
Debrusk has 8 points.

Yam is 2 years younger and makes a third less.

Even before the 3 point game.. 7 pts to 8 pts.. still 2 years younger, still maks 2 million less.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Debrusk has 8 points.

Even before the 3 point game.. 7 pts to 8 pts.. still 2 years younger, still maks 2 million less.
Well with that kind of production you should keep him

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Oh my, I see y no trade as materialized between both teams. If you think that Yam, with 8pts in 30, with his 5’8, whopping 160 pound playing with the two best Centers in the NHL as more value then Debrusk, will keep your prized possession.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Oh my, I see y no trade as materialized between both teams. If you think that Yam, with 8pts in 30, with his 5’8, whopping 160 pound playing with the two best Centers in the NHL as more value then Debrusk, will keep your prized possession.

Happily.

And Yamamoto rocked a 6'2 Michael McLeod today with that whopping frame. He plays way bigger than his size and has a ton of potential.

And he was 11 points in 31 games btw.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Happily.

And Yamamoto rocked a 6'2 Michael McLeod today with that whopping frame. He plays way bigger than his size and has a ton of potential.

Regardless of style, 150 lbs is an understandable concern long term and potentially in the playoffs. Same of Garland.

Even Marchand is around 180 and immensely strong.

Reactions: spot

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You think trading him for a guy with worst production and triple the salary is better?
I did not say that , what I said is the Bruins have no use for him............The only way you can get DeBrusk and not only him but almost anyone would be to get another team involved..........

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
From an Oiler side I am intrigued but this one for one talk is a joke. Debrusk is a RFA in 22/23 with a huge qualifying offer that the oilers cannot afford. Yamamoto is on pace for 15+ goals and plays gritty hockey for a little guy, so there will definitely be some form of add on the bruins side. IMO it would be best if the Plus was cap from the oilers to balance out this deal.

Yamamoto, Turris, Shore(3.625m)

For

Debrusk(3.675m)
Bruins dont need more washup 4th liners, not gonna happen, except if it is a Kassian with some retain because he s filling the physical play Bruins desperetly needed...

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
What a machine. I’m glad your happy, now we can close this post.

Happily.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Debrusk has 8 points.

Up until the 25th of December Yam played 225 minutes on a line with LD and RNH. An elite player in the game and a very solid top 6er. Only 7 other lines in the league played together more. Do you really think 8 points in 30 games is impressive numbers considering that situation?

It's very easy to say 8>7 but I would bet my house on Debrusk vastly outperforming those numbers if he was able to play with those players. He wasn't far off despite not even playing with any consistent line for at least 75 minutes and playing with guys like Haula(5 points), Foligno(4), Kuhlman(2), a little with Craig Smith((7). Despite that he has 1 more goal scored than all those players combined.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Up until the 25th of December Yam played 225 minutes on a line with LD and RNH. An elite player in the game and a very solid top 6er. Only 7 other lines in the league played together more. Do you really think 8 points in 30 games is impressive numbers considering that situation?

It's very easy to say 8>7 but I would bet my house on Debrusk vastly outperforming those numbers if he was able to play with those players. He wasn't far off despite not even playing with any consistent line for at least 75 minutes and playing with guys like Haula(5 points), Foligno(4), Kuhlman(2), a little with Craig Smith((7). Despite that he has 1 more goal scored than all those players combined.
I think neither is very good. If I have to choose.. I take the younger one with the better contract.

I'm also not sure why, after his last 2 seasons, that people think he is I theoik top 6? While my oil are a dumpster fire . Our top 6 is quite good. It's like the only nice thing we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad