Rumor: Bruins and Oilers talking swap?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Holland shouldn’t do this deal, atleast give Yam a chance to turn things around, DeBrusk just seems like a downgrade and this deal from Holland would be a misguided lateral move.

Reactions: majormajor

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Idk if i see it happening but I like this trade from Edmontons point of view. Debrusk could be a steal in a new scenery like Bennett was last year for the Panthers.

I'm sure some will disagree, I know very little about Yamamoto tbh.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm down for this. Let's talk Koskinen plus a pick for Ullmark if Rask indeed signs.

Debrusk 50% + Ullmark for edm 1st + Yamamoto + cap Koskinen

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Holland shouldn’t do this deal, atleast give Yam a chance to turn things around, DeBrusk just seems like a downgrade and this deal from Holland would be a misguided lateral move.

He's not better, he's cheaper, much cheaper. If Edmonton can get retention on DeBrusk since he's a pending RFA and grab Ullmark as they have Swayman and Rask apparently signing this could would for Edmonton and Boston can shop our 1st for further help.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This would be the Oilers selling a good asset at a very low point .. so yeah, will probably happen!

I have all day for Kassian for Debrusk and then not keeping Debrusk since his qualifying offer is too high.

He's qualifying offer is way too high, he likely knows he's not getting that, from any club. Signing in Edmonton after the season, his hometown to play with one of McDavid or Draisaitl though could very well save his NHL career - or at the least his ability to once again sign a higher cap dollar deal. Hard to find a better choice of C to rebuild his value with. a 1-2 year deal at 2 million per seems a good role of the dice for both team and player.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm down for this. Let's talk Koskinen plus a pick for Ullmark if Rask indeed signs.

Debrusk 50% + Ullmark for edm 1st + Yamamoto + cap Koskinen

Ullmark is on more money and more years than Kosk and he ain't that big of an improvement. There is a reason why Rask is coming back, Swayman just needs a little more support before he starts playing most of the games. The pick is on the wrong end and how do we afford Ullmark,

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Why is Ullmark even mentioned here?

He's not mentioned in this rumour, and this is not going to all of a sudden be a cover every deficiency trade for Holland.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
For what it's worth Gazzola talked about this today. He said everytime he brings Debrusk's name up to higher up brass in Edmonton they tell him keep in mind anything we do is money in money out. They essentially shut it down everytime he said.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
There is no scenario across the multiverse where Kailer Yamamoto is used as a piece to acquire anything of value. He's the 2021 version of Ryder in the Ryder/Halak/ and a 2nd offer of years ago. You can't trade the crumbs at the bottom of a Dorito bag for anything but orange fingers.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Yamamoto is terrible. Would be a big win for the Oilers if it's straight up.
The question is would I sign Debrusk to $3.675M if he was available and for me the answer is no. Now would I sign Yamamoto to $1.175M and for me the answer is yes.

Yamo even with his underwhelming offense still helps on the PK is quite capable of being an energy line player being that he is a constant pest on the forecheck, creates turnovers, and draws a good amount of penalties.

In the cap world better value is often more important than better player and their career points per game separation in the NHL between the two isn't significant enough to justify a cap-hit that is more than 3 times as expensive. When you factor in that Yamo is 2 years younger and has a much more reasonable qualifying offer to retain his rights it seems like a no brainer that he is the more valuable player between the 2.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I like Yams and would be happy to keep him but how long do you give him to turn it around? He's been devoid offensively since his initial break with the club where he had that hot 27 game stretch. That was a long time ago.

I really like the player and would love him as a third line energy guy to hound the puck, but he spends so much time with Drai that I'm not seeing the offensive upside other Oiler fans keep talking about.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yamamotho sucks

we need something a lot better than this.

DeBrusk would probably score 30 playing a wide open game that he is not allowed to,play here.

Don’t do it Sweeney

What trade value does DeBrusk really have? Not much from non-bruin fans.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Why doesnt Tippet ever tried Yamamoto as a mai stay on 3rd line??
Yamamoto is always in the top of drawn penalties, is a good PKer, can finnish, but hasnt found any groove on his line yet.

If I could trade Tippet, I would do that as the prime trade chip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad