Rumor: Bruins and Oilers talking swap?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yam and Kassian(500k retained) for Debrusk

Yamamoto is worth more to the Oilers than to the Bruins. He shouldn't even be in this trade. He doesn't clear any cap and he's a useful player with a bit of upside.

The Bruins want a forward upgrade and they won't get one in that deal (or any trade with the Oilers). So they should get a futures piece alongside Kassian that they can use in another deal.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
While that may be true, how is an overpriced, underperforming, and unhappy DeBrusk on an expiring RFA contract with a ridiculously high QO any more valuable? Don’t offer crap and tell me it’s pudding.
If he's crap then why do Oiler fans want him so bad? 2 girls 1 cup isn't about Stanley, and the Oilers already have that ingredient in spades. Just check out their goalies and bottom six, or the presence of Codi Ceci on their blue line. Your assessment of Debrusk is disingenuous and self serving, he's clearly a player who would benefit the Oilers and improve their situation significantly. He passes for a power winger in today's NHL and that is never cheap to acquire. Players of Kailer Yamamoto's ability however have been available for free on waivers all year long if Boston really wanted one. The guy is 5 foot 8 150 lbs soaking wet and has 11 points on the year despite playing in the top 6 on a team with both MacDavid and Draisaitl. Who is really offering the crap and pretending its pudding?

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
When your player is floundering and demands a trade(Debrusk), you always get pennies for the dollar offers!
Not necessarily, all you need is 2-3 teams interested (or 1 dumb GM) and a bit of patience to get good value.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Up until the 25th of December Yam played 225 minutes on a line with LD and RNH. An elite player in the game and a very solid top 6er. Only 7 other lines in the league played together more. Do you really think 8 points in 30 games is impressive numbers considering that situation?

It's very easy to say 8>7 but I would bet my house on Debrusk vastly outperforming those numbers if he was able to play with those players. He wasn't far off despite not even playing with any consistent line for at least 75 minutes and playing with guys like Haula(5 points), Foligno(4), Kuhlman(2), a little with Craig Smith((7). Despite that he has 1 more goal scored than all those players combined.
Bruins will have to take salary back in terms of 4.5 M for the Oilers to consider the trade. With Yammy, we can re-sign him for cheap this summer. Draisaitl actually loves to play with Yammy which is why he is still on the line.

Reactions: Czechboy

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
To Boston
Yam
Future Considerations
5th in 2023

To Edmonton
DeBrusk
Case of Brisk Iced Tea

;)
I wouldn’t do that deal if I were Holland.

Maybe if it was switched to a lifetime supply of Tetley original blend tea then Edmonton wouldn’t have no problem parting with future considerations but as it stands now there’s too much value going to Boston especially with that 5th round pick added on bottom in of all years 2023, when the 5th round will be full of NHL future talent.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Amazing how Oiler fans want to get rid of Kassian. It’s simply because he is not worth his awful contract.
Don’t think the Oilers have much of interest for the Bruins unless players like McLeod, Broberg or Bouchard are involved.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
7 points in his last 23 playoff games over 2 playoff years.

View attachment 494464

Kailers size and weight aren't a stat. I'm not trying to be rude but have you seen him play consistently at the NHL level.. size doesn't seem to be an issue.

I wouldn't do the Kass trade if I were the B's
I also wouldn't do the Yam trade if I were the Oil.

FTR.. it's been very well known he wants a trade... yet he's still a B. Debrusk has no value right now. (note: Not saying Yam does... but I would not trade him at his lowest point)

In fairness, the Bruins couldn't trade DeBrusk because their roster was overrun with injuries and COVID the day after the trade request came out, and then the holiday freeze hit. Jumping to "DeBrusk has no value" because the Bruins have not found a trade they like is silly and you know it. Hockey trades are hard and the Bruins really shouldn't be moving him for futures.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
The other 21 teams know the oilers are desperate and will make the oilers over pay for anything. They will be charged $10 for a $5 item

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Yamamoto is terrible. Would be a big win for the Oilers if it's straight up.

Debrusk the last 2 years is no better. And he will cost 3 million more against the cap next year. As a 1 for 1 its pretty fair but Debrusk,s QO kills the deal. The only way I would do this from the Oilers perspective is if Debrusk agreed to a 2 or 3 year deal at less than his QO.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Not sure why people are acting like Kassian is a toss in

He has 12pts and debrusk 8.

Both debrusk and Kassian are on over 3 mill a year but Debrusk is a RFA after this year and Q offer is more than Kassian makes.

Yamamoto has 11 pts as well

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
In fairness, the Bruins couldn't trade DeBrusk because their roster was overrun with injuries and COVID the day after the trade request came out, and then the holiday freeze hit. Jumping to "DeBrusk has no value" because the Bruins have not found a trade they like is silly and you know it. Hockey trades are hard and the Bruins really shouldn't be moving him for futures.
That is a good point. I do feel like I've been hearing about him wanting a trade for a lot longer than since that trade request though. Wasn't this a thing last year? And during the offseason? Maybe it's just Oil rumours but on our side we've been hearing about a possible Debrusk trade since last season.

There is a difference between being a useless player and not having value.

Eg. We have Duncan Keith and he's playing 'fine'. Definitely a NHL calibre player. But he has negative trade value because of his caphit. If he were paid 2 million a season he'd have trade value, but at 5.5 he doesn't have any at all. It doesn't mean he sucks. Hope that makes sense.

In fact, since the Oil are run by morons, we have a lot of good players on bad contracts with negative value (Kassian, Nurse next season, Koskinen, Keith). It's kind of our thing.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If he's crap then why do Oiler fans want him so bad? 2 girls 1 cup isn't about Stanley, and the Oilers already have that ingredient in spades. Just check out their goalies and bottom six, or the presence of Codi Ceci on their blue line. Your assessment of Debrusk is disingenuous and self serving, he's clearly a player who would benefit the Oilers and improve their situation significantly. He passes for a power winger in today's NHL and that is never cheap to acquire. Players of Kailer Yamamoto's ability however have been available for free on waivers all year long if Boston really wanted one. The guy is 5 foot 8 150 lbs soaking wet and has 11 points on the year despite playing in the top 6 on a team with both MacDavid and Draisaitl. Who is really offering the crap and pretending its pudding?
Oilers fans “wanting” him is a pretty bold statement. Not many responses are positive. If his last name was Jones almost nobody would even look at him. Ultimately our fan base is like all the others. If a player is maybe available at a discount because of a trade request, it always draws some tire kickers.

Reactions: Ragdoll and LTIR

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Not sure why people are acting like Kassian is a toss in

He has 12pts and debrusk 8.

Both debrusk and Kassian are on over 3 mill a year but Debrusk is a RFA after this year and Q offer is more than Kassian makes.

Yamamoto has 11 pts as well
Sounds like another keeper for the Oil.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Amazing how Oiler fans want to get rid of Kassian. It’s simply because he is not worth his awful contract.
Don’t think the Oilers have much of interest for the Bruins unless players like McLeod, Broberg or Bouchard are involved.
You think Debrusk with his 2pts in 10 games, his QO offer nest season and him demanding out can land BOS Broberg or Bouchard?
Kassian for Debrusk straight up would be a fair swap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad