Rumor: Bruins and Oilers talking swap?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
and Oilers fans are hoping the same when it comes to DeBrusk and his inconsistent play.
high QO offer and him wanting out should be sufficient to get him for Turris or Kassian. ;)
if not then throw a 2M show me contract at him in the offseason. Highly doubt that Holland thinks giving up Yama for this player is the shot in the arm Oilers need. hopefully he aims much higher than flash in the pan players like Debrusk\ D.Strome.
I just feel there is a lot of smoke to this plus loui factor him from Edmonton and all plus jake born there. I think something will happen.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I just feel there is a lot of smoke to this plus loui factor him from Edmonton and all plus jake born there. I think something will happen.
there is no smoke and him being from Edm and wanting out is the only link.
To Edm fans there isnt much difference in value of DeBrusk or Lazar. we would want both equally just because of Edmonton connection and not because they would thrive here as top 6 players.
If Lazar or Broissoit wanted out Edm fans would be drooling as well.

Reactions: The don godfather

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
there is no smoke and him being from Edm and wanting out is the only link.
To Edm fans there isnt much difference in value of DeBrusk or Lazar. we would want both equally just because of Edmonton connection and not because they would thrive here as top 6 players.
If Lazar or Broissoit wanted out Edm fans would be drooling as well.

Debrusk has far more value than 4th liner Lazar....

Reactions: Bruhin

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Debrusk has far more value than 4th liner Lazar....
One 4th liner is paid like a 4th liner and the other one has demanded out. Both get about the same ice time in BOS and both would be welcome in Edmonton because of history with the city.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I've seen some of these name thrown around in this thread so I thought I would put this fun fact out.

Yamamoto, Foegele, Kassain, and Hyman have a combined 16 playoff goals in 102 games averaging a 3.156 million caphit.

Ryan Nugent Hopkins minus the BS play ins from 2019-20 has a 1 playoff goal in 17 games making 5.125m. Has 3 in 21 including the Chicago series.

Jake"overpaid bum" Debrusk 16 playoff goals in 59 games making 3.675m.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
DeBrusk, Lazar and Ullmark to the Oilers
What’s coming back to Boston?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Would have to be just Ullmark.

Koskinen and a 1st?

would just need ullmark to sign off on it with that NMC he has.

from b's perspective, it works. koskinen is buried as the #3. get a 1st round pick for
a system totally depleted.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Oilers would be foolish to do this. Debrusk is on his way out of the league

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
I've seen some of these name thrown around in this thread so I thought I would put this fun fact out.

Yamamoto, Foegele, Kassain, and Hyman have a combined 16 playoff goals in 102 games averaging a 3.156 million caphit.

Ryan Nugent Hopkins minus the BS play ins from 2019-20 has a 1 playoff goal in 17 games making 5.125m. Has 3 in 21 including the Chicago series.

Jake"overpaid bum" Debrusk 16 playoff goals in 59 games making 3.675m.

This is one of the most "ESPN Stat" facts that I've seen on here in a while

Reactions: spot

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
DeBrusk, Lazar and Ullmark to the Oilers
What’s coming back to Boston?

Yamamoto, Ryan or Turris, Koskinen and our 2022 1st

We would probably need you to retain cap on Debrusk to make it happen. Otherwise we'd need to include Kassian (or Barrie) instead of Turris or Ryan. If we did Barrie, then we'd need a RD coming back in this or another trade.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark is on more money and more years than Kosk and he ain't that big of an improvement. There is a reason why Rask is coming back, Swayman just needs a little more support before he starts playing most of the games. The pick is on the wrong end and how do we afford Ullmark,

The reason rask is coming back is due to the bruins having the most games to play in the entire league the rest of the way. Swaymans a rookie and Ullmark has dealt with injuries in years past. Bruins will be playing more than a game every other day from now to the end of the season. They’ll be gassed by the end of it even if they are healthy. Never mind if one of them actually goes down.

The biggest issue with Ullmark is the no movement clause he would have to waive.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not sure why people are acting like Kassian is a toss in

He has 12pts and debrusk 8.

Both debrusk and Kassian are on over 3 mill a year but Debrusk is a RFA after this year and Q offer is more than Kassian makes.

Yamamoto has 11 pts as well

Biggest difference is oilers could walk away from Debrusk as the end of the year while bruins could walk away from Kassians deal. If the bruins are taking on a contract with terms that they would be locked into then Edmonton would have to add either a player, prospect or draft pick compensation.

Bruins would be better off letting Debrusk walk and using that extra cap space in the off season than they would having kassian on the books for an extra year.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Don't be so sure.

Don Sweeney is licking his lips thinking about trading for another fat slob forward who can't skate but has truculence.

Are you talking about Kassian?

There are a lot of legit criticisms about Kassian, foremost is his lack of consistent intensity. He disappears for long stretches of games. His contract is too long and too rich for what he brings over an 82 game schedule. Totally legitimate concerns.

However skating is NOT one of those criticisms. Kassian can skate like the wind when he wants to.

Those few games where he does show up are highly entertaining. He scores, fights, and is a pest all night. The perfect Bruin, bluntly.

It doesn't sound like you really know much about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad