Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4 at Canucks 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It's funny how much some people feel Vrbata's stock has dropped.

Guy still gets a mid-to-late 1st or equivalent prospect near the TDL.

I'd say that's higher value than a "borderline 3C on a bad contract."

Unless that was a Sutter trade reference...

Early December is not the same as TDL. Values of players - esp those on expiring contracts - are massively inflated by the pressure of "going for it". Teams aren't subject to that right now.

Also you have to differentiate between a non-roster asset like a draft pick and an actual roster player. At the TDL teams are looking to add "now" and pay "later", which is why Vrbata could probably fetch a first from a strong team looking to add a goal scoring boost. But that is quite different from making a player-for-player trade, where the deal is made more rationally on the merits of the playing being added vs the player being dealt.

Based on his play to date - including a whopping 6 goals - what kind of "quality" do you think Vrbata would bring back? Vrbata himself is playing like a borderline 3rd liner and is a UFA in 6 months. I'd be surprised if he could bring back any sort of roster player TBH.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Big game for the Canucks to lose tonight. All the teams around us won last night and we've played more games. A loss tonight and a Anaheim win puts us around 7th in the draft order. Striking distance for one of the 3 lottery picks!

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
IMO this is the game to make Marchand pay for all of his antics.

I care less if we win or lose, I want to see some retribution.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Early December is not the same as TDL. Values of players - esp those on expiring contracts - are massively inflated by the pressure of "going for it". Teams aren't subject to that right now.

Also you have to differentiate between a non-roster asset like a draft pick and an actual roster player. At the TDL teams are looking to add "now" and pay "later", which is why Vrbata could probably fetch a first from a strong team looking to add a goal scoring boost. But that is quite different from making a player-for-player trade, where the deal is made more rationally on the merits of the playing being added vs the player being dealt.

Based on his play to date - including a whopping 6 goals - what kind of "quality" do you think Vrbata would bring back? Vrbata himself is playing like a borderline 3rd liner and is a UFA in 6 months. I'd be surprised if he could bring back any sort of roster player TBH.

Why would the Canucks consider trading him for a roster player (oh right, Benning)?

I think most GMs aren't so short sighted to value him solely on his play so far this season.

Agreed on the value difference between a roster player at this time of the season compared to future assets closer to the TDL, but you'd hope that Benning isn't so incompetent to trade him for roster help now.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
$8.50 beers is gross, been many times.

Where do fans go pre game?

Kingston, Shark, Pint?

Best place to watch Canucks games is Blarney Stone High back lounger chairs in front a 20 FT screen. Never busy, decent food. (TUES $2 sliders are legit)

Pre-game at the Pint.

Disclaimer: i HATE these places otherwise.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Today is a good bet for canucks win.

Back to back

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Hello everyone. This is my First post on HF! I've been reading for years but never made an account. Been a Canucks fan for years but live across the water in Victoria BC. See lots of royals games and will try and keep everyone updated. Just a few of my opinions... Anti Benning, anti Desjardins, pro rebuild, pro youth movement, still like Baertschi, don't hate sbisa as much this year but still think benning should have taken him to arbitration and signed him for less a la Raymond. Go Canucks!

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hello everyone. This is my First post on HF! I've been reading for years but never made an account. Been a Canucks fan for years but live across the water in Victoria BC. See lots of royals games and will try and keep everyone updated. Just a few of my opinions... Anti Benning, anti Desjardins, pro rebuild, pro youth movement, still like Baertschi, don't hate sbisa as much this year but still think benning should have taken him to arbitration and signed him for less a la Raymond. Go Canucks!

Welcome. And from your bio I think we'll get along swimmingly.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I won 2 seats at the Canucks Vs Tampa game on January 9th... Hoping Virtz is good to go by then and sutter is still injured. Predicting a 7-1 Tampa victory if Miller starts. 3-2 Canucks if Markstrom starts. This will be my first Nucks game!

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I won 2 seats at the Canucks Vs Tampa game on January 9th... Hoping Virtz is good to go by then and sutter is still injured. Predicting a 7-1 Tampa victory if Miller starts. 3-2 Canucks if Markstrom starts. This will be my first Nucks game!

First post, first game..... you're just full of new adventures.

Welcome to the board... and enjoy the game.

We should be in full tank mode by then.

damack

Jan 3, 2014
You don't need really tough players to retribute on Marchand....

at least it would be funny watching him run and hide behind chara.

who's going to do it?

Dorsett? Prust? While Marchand is one of the biggest pieces of dung in the league, he's a decent player that puts up points. Why would he even consider getting into it with a plug? That and the plugs aren't good enough to catch him anyways so they'd likely just take penalties trying. And I hate Marchand.

Wouldn't mind seeing Burrows give him a run though. Greasy vs greasy, nothing wrong with that.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
With the B's on the back half of a double we'll actually have a good chance tonight, especially if Markstrom is in.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
This is the top 6 when everyone is healthy. But you'll see Bartkowski against Boston.

Yep, Bartkowski will be in, Weber is #7 and the Utica call-up is #8. The call-up can't play ahead of WD's roster boys no matter what. The fact that Biega (an AHL call-up) ended up carrying Bart (the NHL roster player) instead of the other way around and Hamhuis is in the twilight zone, Bart will slate in and Biega will eat more peanuts, popcorn, and cracker jacks.

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there

Welcome! We'll have you souring on everything Canuck in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad