Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4 at Canucks 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Lol played anaheim after they got scored on last 2 min of previous chicago game and lost. Then calgary does it to boston in last 5 seconds.

God wants me to cheer for a draft pick

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Okay we suck and everything but damn. A win tomorrow would really be nice. And someone finally caving in Marchand's face would be icing on the cake.

So therefore by about 8:30 tomorrow, it'll be 6-0 Bruins and Marchand will be [MOD] Hank at centre ice while everyone else on the ice magically finds something else to pay attention to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
the must win thing might mean something to WD, as in keeping his job, but in the long run it doesn't mean much.

this team isn't going anywhere and to trade assets for a center now, as Benning is hinting would be a step backwards.

a top 5 pick, on a player better than Virtanen has shown so far would go a long ways in helping this team long term.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Be interesting. Bruins on back to back with travel. Canucks being read the riot act.

Should be an easy 2 points. And it might be...but the telling thing will be the games after the "bounce back" game. Embarrassment only has a temporary effect. Poor teams do poorly when all is said and done.

And also if Willie is calling this a must win publicly he is in full panic mode.

damack

Jan 3, 2014
Be interesting. Bruins on back to back with travel. Canucks being read the riot act.

Should be an easy 2 points. And it might be...but the telling thing will be the games after the "bounce back" game. Embarrassment only has a temporary effect. Poor teams do poorly when all is said and done.

And also if Willie is calling this a must win publicly he is in full panic mode.

I'm sure Boston has been read the riot act as well after just losing to 2 of the worst teams in the league (a level which the Canucks are rapidly descending to). I'm sure the Canucks will come out hard, I just don't think they have the manpower right now to pull it off. I don't have a good feeling about tonight's game.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
the must win thing might mean something to WD, as in keeping his job, but in the long run it doesn't mean much.

this team isn't going anywhere and to trade assets for a center now, as Benning is hinting would be a step backwards.

a top 5 pick, on a player better than Virtanen has shown so far would go a long ways in helping this team long term.
Brock Boeser

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
wonder if this will be similar to the last two years where the canucks seem to find all their offense for this home game.

5-2 last year, 6-2 the year before.

I'll say the Canucks win 5-3 tonight with Kenins, Horvat, Weber, Sedin, and Hansen EN.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Do you think something (anything) would be set in motion if we get blown out tonight? Hopefully Benning doesn't trade Shinkaruk...

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Should be an easy 2 points.

Against a team with a better record, a better goal differential, coming off a pair of losses to 2 poor teams that also sports an 8-2-2 road record?

People don't seem to understand the parity in today's NHL. There is no such thing as an easy 2 points. Never mind for the underdog.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
At least Huttons back tonight

Good to hear. Hutton was making some very costly defensive mistakes that really hurt the team at crucial moments, but his transition game has been missed. Not to mention he's fun to watch.

Will be interesting to see who comes out. Bartkowski is our best 5 on 5 defender for creating offense, they seem to want Sbisa's physicality in the line up, and the PP hasn't done much with Weber out of the line up.

For me, Sbisa is the weak link. And based on ice time, that's what WD thinks as well. Unfortunately, I don't think he sits over Weber for whatever reason.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Good to hear. Hutton was making some very costly defensive mistakes that really hurt the team at crucial moments, but his transition game has been missed. Not to mention he's fun to watch.

Will be interesting to see who comes out. Bartkowski is our best 5 on 5 defender for creating offense, they seem to want Sbisa's physicality in the line up, and the PP hasn't done much with Weber out of the line up.

For me, Sbisa is the weak link. And based on ice time, that's what WD thinks as well. Unfortunately, I don't think he sits over Weber for whatever reason.

He hasn't been the only one....it's been a comedy of errors, especially on the back end.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
He hasn't been the only one....it's been a comedy of errors, especially on the back end.

Yeah, it has been right from Edler/Hamhuis right on down.

Hutton's mistakes just happened to end up in the back of the net at the worst possible times. Backbreaking goals on a few occasions right before he left with injury.

The forwards not providing good support has also been a big reason why the defense has struggled. Doesn't get mentioned often, but they're just as big a problem with this teams defensive play as the backend.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

Hutton's mistakes just happened to end up in the back of the net at the worst possible times. Backbreaking goals on a few occasions right before he left with injury.

The forwards not providing good support has also been a big reason why the defense has struggled. Doesn't get mentioned often, but they're just as big a problem with this teams defensive play as the backend.

Agree completely.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Do you think something (anything) would be set in motion if we get blown out tonight? Hopefully Benning doesn't trade Shinkaruk...

Shinkaruk alone cannot bring back anything of value. I suppose he could be lumped into a bigger deal but even then I just don't see us as having the assets to make the needed trade.

I mean what does Burrows/Higgins/Vrbata/Hamhuis + Shinkaruk even get you? A borderline 3C on a bad contract?

Without dealing a kid (won't happen) or our pick (also won't happen) this team simply has no tradeable assets of any worthwhile value. Not to mention we are ****ed up against the cap, so we can't even take on a big contract.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Shinkaruk alone cannot bring back anything of value. I suppose he could be lumped into a bigger deal but even then I just don't see us as having the assets to make the needed trade.

I mean what does Burrows/Higgins/Vrbata/Hamhuis + Shinkaruk even get you? A borderline 3C on a bad contract?

Without dealing a kid (won't happen) or our pick (also won't happen) this team simply has no tradeable assets of any worthwhile value. Not to mention we are ****ed up against the cap, so we can't even take on a big contract.

It's funny how much some people feel Vrbata's stock has dropped.

Guy still gets a mid-to-late 1st or equivalent prospect near the TDL.

I'd say that's higher value than a "borderline 3C on a bad contract."

Unless that was a Sutter trade reference...

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

I actually felt like Hutton was making mistakes, but they didn't seem to result in goals against. Partially due to luck and partially due to him actually doing a pretty good job of getting the puck back.

(I'm not criticizing him as he was playing great and experimenting with the puck which led to some of the mistakes, and everyone on the team is making them anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad