Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4 at Canucks 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Lol this thread. Reading it and I get the impression everyone is just fuming!

Being a Canucks fan is hard.

No doubt. I can't even post in the game day threads because I know I'll get myself in trouble. It definitely isn't a fun time right now.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
Lol this thread. Reading it and I get the impression everyone is just fuming!

Being a Canucks fan is hard.

I don't mind the fuming, but these boards get annoying when it's full of people contributing insults or parroting last week's tropes without adding anything relevant.

I have a feeling the effort will be there against the Bruins for old times' sake, even though much of both 2011 teams have turned over.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I don't mind the fuming, but these boards get annoying when it's full of people contributing insults or parroting last week's tropes without adding anything relevant.

I have a feeling the effort will be there against the Bruins for old times' sake, even though much of both 2011 teams have turned over.

In the words of our good friend Torts - "2011 was 4 years ago". What happened then has little effect on how they get up and play tomorrow.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Bro jake came back this morning unfortunately. Henrik couldn't join them on the phone due to a " meeting" then hev says " apparently biega is the only one not at the meeting.. What could this mean"?

Ughhhhh

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
It's quite remarkable how there is just no sustained push from any line after the Sedins.
Dan Hamhuis is an absolute mystery... how can one's level of play drop that quickly and that far?

Line after line getting pinned... doesn't matter which D pair is out there... pinned.

Stickhandling and puck skill drop off from the twins to everyone else is the greatest I've ever seen it.
I get excited if any other line completes 3 passes in a row.

Sutter about 5 weeks away.. Higgins a week.. Virtanen a week or 2..

The most disappointing aspect of the team for me... the Penalty Kill.. It all unraveled in the playoffs last yr... looked back to elite level to begin the season, and now it's completely incapable of providing any stability whatssoever.
Horvat-Hansen need to be geared down in usage... unfortunately until Sutter gets back, Horvat will continue to be the 1st unit guy vs the #1 unit PPs because of the draws.
Just get the twins out there more either late in the 1st unit, or vs the 2nd unit until Sutter comes back. Hell even Dorsett has only been scored on once on the PK.. get him an extra PK shift.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
It's quite remarkable how there is just no sustained push from any line after the Sedins.

Not unpredictable though. Even when healthy, this team lost something like 75 goals from last year's lineup and replaced them with Sutter and a bunch of question marks, never mind the fact that Vrbata was unlikely to be a 30+ goal scorer again. Now with the injuries it's even more dire, but ultimately what we're seeing is the expected result when you overpay for the wrong things.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Not unpredictable though. Even when healthy, this team lost something like 75 goals from last year's lineup and replaced them with Sutter and a bunch of question marks, never mind the fact that Vrbata was unlikely to be a 30+ goal scorer again. Now with the injuries it's even more dire, but ultimately what we're seeing is the expected result when you overpay for the wrong things.

Also making things more unlucky is when you look at the specific players that have lost significant chunks of time:

Sutter, Higgins, Prust, Sbisa...

Its easy to see why the PK has taken a step back.. but the size of the step back was unexpected.

The lack of secondary scoring sucks... but it's manageable and workable like it was last yr by controlling GA at 5-on-5 to get by and play at about a wash.

5on5:
Sedins - don't get scored much
4th line Dorsett/Cracknell/Prust - don't scored on much
Sutter/Higgens (IR)- don't get scored on much.

When all healthy, the lineup is defensively stable upfront.. It just hasn't happened enough this season.

Then that PK tho... just has killed us this season... has cost us a massive amount of points.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Going to the game, gonna be blizted and chanting to fire benning/desjardains.

hopefully there is a good effort as this will be the first full game i watch of this team this year.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
"We're below .500 and we should be in panic mode for sure. Tomorrow is a big test; we need to get going" - D. Sedin #Canucks

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
"We're below .500 and we should be in panic mode for sure. Tomorrow is a big test; we need to get going" - D. Sedin #Canucks

Is this a real quote? First time I've ever heard a Sedin say anything besides "We did some good things, we just need to keep working on it"

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I hate loser points. 9-10-8 is not one game under .500 I don't care what anyone says.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Not sure who to bet on tomorrow.

Leaning towards Vancouver

If Miller is starting I'm taking the over. Boston's PP is rockin and our PK is trash. Throw in the Sedins nightly goal and over 5.5 should be a good bet.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
"When climbing a mountain, if you can't see the top because of fog, you don't stop. You have to keep on going" - Desjardins #Canucks

But you will never reach the top if you are as dumb as WD.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
"When climbing a mountain, if you can't see the top because of fog, you don't stop. You have to keep on going" - Desjardins #Canucks

"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" - Jaden Smith

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

Someone forgot to tell Willie first you have to be climbing in the right direction.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary

And yet the team is scoring the exact same amount of goals per game as last season, empty netters excluded...

This teams biggest issues are 3 on 3 and the PK. Without Sutter, they are getting destroyed while shorthanded and that has been the difference in so many of these 1 goal losses.

Having a .150 or so winning % in 1 goal games obviously has been a major factor as well.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Going to the game, gonna be blizted and chanting to fire benning/desjardains.

hopefully there is a good effort as this will be the first full game i watch of this team this year.

Me too! Wooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad