Value of: Brock Boeser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I do think Boeser is the young piece to potentially shop, to bolster the blueline long-term. He's got the sort of "value" to actually fetch something resembling what the Canucks desperately need. And his nature as a kind of frustrating, streaky "pure sniper" makes him more palatable to move. But it'd definitely hurt, losing that pure finishing ability. One of those things that can be hard to appreciate, until it's gone.

It'd have to be a 1-for-1 sort of swap for a really good young defenceman. And that sort of deal is probably tough, because what teams genuinely have a real "surplus" of quality young defencemen to deal from?
Boeser for Dobson as a base makes sense for everyone

Reactions: Nucks2477

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Calgary 1st (top 5 protected)+ Dube + Kylington for Boeser.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Calgary 1st (top 5 protected)+ Dube + Kylington for Boeser.
Flames wouldn't offer anything remotely close to that. Boeser has 2 more points than Kylington, playing with, superior centers. If we were in the market for that type of player, we'd offer a couple 2nds for Kessel, with retention.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Flames wouldn't offer anything remotely close to that. Boeser has 2 more points than Kylington, playing with, superior centers. If we were in the market for that type of player, we'd offer a couple 2nds for Kessel, with retention.

Boeser holds a ton of value to Calgary. Right handed right winger with size that can score, which is what Calgary has lacked immensely. He is a superior player to Dube, but Dube can slot in to Vancouver's lineup for years to come. Kylington we would be selling high on, he was on waivers last season and we don't really know what we have in him right now (I think it might just be a hot streak). Then the protected 1st which is a mystery box. You have to give to get something in this league. Boeser fits in to the Flames core and immediately upgrades the team. Plus he's a character guy that I would love to have in Calgary, even if we overpay a bit. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-fan-with-down-syndrome-to-her-prom-1.3572741

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Boeser holds a ton of value to Calgary. Right handed right winger with size that can score, which is what Calgary has lacked immensely. He is a superior player to Dube, but Dube can slot in to Vancouver's lineup for years to come. Kylington we would be selling high on, he was on waivers last season and we don't really know what we have in him right now (I think it might just be a hot streak). Then the protected 1st which is a mystery box. You have to give to get something in this league. Boeser fits in to the Flames core and immediately upgrades the team. Plus he's a character guy that I would love to have in Calgary, even if we overpay a bit. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-fan-with-down-syndrome-to-her-prom-1.3572741
Wow, yeah....I don't really know what to say but Boeser is basically a younger Kessel and I prefer my character on the ice. Still to early to tell with Kylington but right now he's filling a way bigger need than Boeser ever would. Not sure what you've been watching but the player you described is not Brock Boeser.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wow, yeah....I don't really know what to say but Boeser is basically a younger Kessel and I prefer my character on the ice. Still to early to tell with Kylington but right now he's filling a way bigger need than Boeser ever would. Not sure what you've been watching but the player you described is not Brock Boeser.

That's why he would cost more than a couple 2nds...

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That's actually a really really good comparison that I don't think many people bring up.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Lol. Yeah, just make up character issues for Boeser. What a garbage comment.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Lol. Yeah, just make up character issues for Boeser. What a garbage comment.
Boeser is already a young, gifted scorer, has he become a character player and someone the Canucks would like to build around? I must have missed that.....

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Boeser is already a young, gifted scorer, has he become a character player and someone the Canucks would like to build around? I must have missed that.....

Lol Deen was saying Boeser has GOOD character (he was quoting about him taking a girl with medical issues to homecoming, as she requested). Also he really hasn't been a problem in the locker room, and we would very much like to build around him.

Talent wise the comparison is there with Kessel, the floater status not so much -- Boeser works pretty hard.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Lol Deen was saying Boeser has GOOD character (he was quoting about him taking a girl with medical issues to homecoming, as she requested). Also he really hasn't been a problem in the locker room, and we would very much like to build around him.

Talent wise the comparison is there with Kessel, the floater status not so much -- Boeser works pretty hard.
That dude has no idea what he's talking about, I wouldn't engage with him any further.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I really like the idea of Boeser with the Duck but have idea what the cost would be. I think it's pretty safe to assume Z, Drysdale and McTavish are unavailable due to them not being available for Eichel. Not sure there is a deal there without those guys. We have a lot of other good assets but no real RHD player/prospect to build a deal around that Van fans would accept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad