Value of: Brock Boeser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Very far off. You should have known when you came up with that.

Hronek literally has 1 less point. Young offensive RHD hold a lot of value throughout the league. If thats how Canucks fans feel Im very happy to keep Hronek.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Hronek literally has 1 less point. Young offensive RHD hold a lot of value throughout the league. If thats how Canucks fans feel Im very happy to keep Hronek.
Using the Point argument from 28 games when you know how Vancouver’s year has been is pathetic. I guess Kadri is more valuable than Matthews, Panarin, Tavares and Hedman right? Lmao

Reactions: gianni

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Using the Point argument from 28 games when you know how Vancouver’s year has been is pathetic. I guess Kadri is more valuable than Matthews, Panarin, Tavares and Hedman right? Lmao

If your baseline assumption is hronek is to Boeser as Kadri is to Matthews you need to go back to the drawing board

good luck with boeser.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
If your baseline assumption is hronek is to Boeser as Kadri is to Matthews you need to go back to the drawing board

good luck with boeser.
I can make the comparison where a far inferior dman has more points than a forward insanely more valuable. Stupid argument. Brutal lol. Enjoy Hronek.

Feb 19, 2018
Everyone needs to think 25 and under Dman. Maybe even younger so it’s cost controlled. And probably a 1’st as I don’t see too many Dman in that criteria available. The Dman has to have some size too.
Offensive Dman is not a priority for Vancouver, 2-way or stay at home guy who plays PK

Reactions: Grumpy1

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Come on now people … just because you don’t like the offer of Severson plus a pick , why turn into a bunch of idiots . Just say nope and make a legit counter . It’s not that hard to not be a dick .
Severson and a pick 2nd is not bad value at all . Here is the part where I say you don’t watch enough of Severson to know wtf you guys are talking about.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Where's this fantasyland nonsense coming from? The Canucks aren't just going to let him walk without qualifying him. Don't be obtuse.

He's paced at 66 points since his rookie year and is a very competent all-around player. You should probably know what you're talking about before speaking up.
This coming from one of your own.
[ Boeser is an interesting player, The guy is a pure Sniper, Widely inconstant, Very streaky player, Has decent hand skills, Not the best skater in the world.}
I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about either. :popcorn:

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
This coming from one of your own.
[ Boeser is an interesting player, The guy is a pure Sniper, Widely inconstant, Very streaky player, Has decent hand skills, Not the best skater in the world.}
I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about either. :popcorn:
My advice to that person is the same as my advice to you.

Boeser's yearly PPG has been quite consistent over the years, he's a competent defensive player in his own zone, possesses a very underrated playmaking IQ and has a pretty even distribution of goals/assists, where he's not even used as the main shooter on the Canucks PP. Calling him a pure sniper is just incorrect, especially after his wrist surgeries have limited his shot from what it was in his rookie season. Not every Canucks fan's opinion should be taken as gospel.

And you do realize the actual issue with your post, right? Claiming that Boeser is a 50 point player is ridiculous, when he's never played a season over 70 games. It's like calling Matthews an 80 point player, when everyone knows the only thing that has limited his production to 80 points is games played (thanks to covid and injuries). It's the sort of thing you see on page 1 in the guide to making intellectually dishonest arguments.

Last edited:

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Come on now people … just because you don’t like the offer of Severson plus a pick , why turn into a bunch of idiots . Just say nope and make a legit counter . It’s not that hard to not be a dick .
Severson and a pick 2nd is not bad value at all . Here is the part where I say you don’t watch enough of Severson to know wtf you guys are talking about.

Severson is thrown in to every single trade offer the Devils are a part of. I wonder why that could be?

It's a classic [expendable roster player] + 2nd that is thrown around every.single.day. you want real discourse make a real offer. I mean i dont normally take part in these trade negotiations on hf but just making an observation here.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Severson has no where near the value Boeser does. Not even close.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Severson is thrown in to every single trade offer the Devils are a part of. I wonder why that could be?

It's a classic [expendable roster player] + 2nd that is thrown around every.single.day. you want real discourse make a real offer. I mean i dont normally take part in these trade negotiations on hf but just making an observation here.
Actually you are completely wrong and are just assuming things . It is because he is an upcoming UFA and we will not be able to spend that much cap on defence when we have Hamilton signed with Luke eventually going to get paid . Devils need RHD but Severson is going to get paid and not sure if we can spend that much on D .

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Actually you are completely wrong and are just assuming things . It is because he is an upcoming UFA and we will not be able to spend that much cap on defence when we have Hamilton signed with Luke eventually going to get paid . Devils need RHD but Severson is going to get paid and not sure if we can spend that much on D .

This is exactly why he’s not a good fit for Vancouver in a Boeser swap. Vancouver needs to get younger and cheaper.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

That is exactly why he is expendable...

I don't really understand how I've assumed things.

You have a player about to hit UFA, not particularly young, and not particularly good and you want to him to be the centerpiece to landing Boeser. Fantasy land.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Scott Mayfield as a starting point? I like him as well as do other Isles fans. RHD, on a solid deal, plays his role well. Just throwing it out there for sh*ts and giggles.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
How about this to make the Canucks cap work?

Mayfield and Bailey for Boeser and Motte?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad