Value of: Brock Boeser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
No. There's only a baked in increase for very low salaries. Boeser has a $7.5m qualifying offer.
i see . i was under the impression that his qualifying offer was coming in at over 8 million and that vancouver really didn't wanna go that high so that's why you see boeser being mentioned so frequently now

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
i see . i was under the impression that his qualifying offer was coming in at over 8 million and that vancouver really didn't wanna go that high so that's why you see boeser being mentioned so frequently now
Canucks have 3 real bargaining chips with legitimate value (Miller/Horvat/Boeser). All are under control for this year and next year. If the team wants to actually shake things up, one of those players will be moved.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Canucks have 3 real bargaining chips with legitimate value (Miller/Horvat/Boeser). All are under control for this year and next year. If the team wants to actually shake things up, one of those players will be moved.
so is boeser worth 7.5 million on a multi year deal ? would a 1 yr deal bring him right to ufa ? i would think miller would be the guy to cash in based on age , future salary demands....

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
I'm going to guess, 6 years, 6.6 million AAV for Boeser. 8% cap hit, and sets him up nicely for one more big pay day.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Nobody is paying for the last 5-6 games. You're going to get responses on what fans valued him whether those last 5-6 games happened or not. With that said, who wouldn't want a sniper.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Nobody is paying for the last 5-6 games. You're going to get responses on what fans valued him whether those last 5-6 games happened or not. With that said, who wouldn't want a sniper.
Maybe not, but people on here have no issue making offers based on stat watching from the previous 5-6 games before the coaching change.

Most of these posters aren't fans either. I know this because it is quite obvious they don't watch the players they are posting about. They may be fans of their own team but clearly do not watch any other teams unless they are playing their own team.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

They should be trading 2 or 3 of them. The Canucks need to free up cap flexibility, thanks to the lingering consequences of employing Benning. All 3 will require significant cap/term investments to retain. And Horvat and Miller are likely going to age out of the Canucks competitive timeline.

They'll need to retool with a younger group. The core is going to be Petey/Hughes/Demko/Podz/Hoglander. Maybe Boeser fits in that. I really don't see Miller or Horvat doing so.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I do think Boeser is the young piece to potentially shop, to bolster the blueline long-term. He's got the sort of "value" to actually fetch something resembling what the Canucks desperately need. And his nature as a kind of frustrating, streaky "pure sniper" makes him more palatable to move. But it'd definitely hurt, losing that pure finishing ability. One of those things that can be hard to appreciate, until it's gone.

It'd have to be a 1-for-1 sort of swap for a really good young defenceman. And that sort of deal is probably tough, because what teams genuinely have a real "surplus" of quality young defencemen to deal from?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
For a kings ransom...or when you're on the verge of losing him for nothing.
Where's this fantasyland nonsense coming from? The Canucks aren't just going to let him walk without qualifying him. Don't be obtuse.

What's a 25 yr old 50/55 pt one-dimensional streaky player worth?
He's paced at 66 points since his rookie year and is a very competent all-around player. You should probably know what you're talking about before speaking up.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Brock has completely been rejuvenated by Bruce since he came in.
Scoring 5 goals in his last 6 games, Which brings an opportunity for Ruth to sell.

Boeser is an interesting player, The guy is a pure Sniper, Widely inconstant, Very streaky player, Has decent hand skills, Not the best skater in the world.

Currently a RFA with a good size Qualifying offer coming up.
Brock Boeser Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

One season the guy looks ridiculous, The next he seems to be a shadow of himself.
Just feel based off what Ruthaford said about wanting a "Speed" "Heavy Fore check" Type Roster, He might be the star player thats on the outside looking in.

So let's here some of your best offers.

Canuks Needs -

Young RHD is a Major Need, We have nothing in the pipeline.
Defense Depth is also a Concern.
Draft Picks are always welcome (We don't have our 2nd this year)

I disagree with your assessment of Boeser.

Firstly, he is not a "pure sniper", he has underrated playmaking abilities. This was on full display last year when Pettersson was out, and has always been on display when working with other high profile players.

I also don't consider him to be widely inconsistent either, what exactly do you base that on? Aside from this season, which as you said has turned around with a new coach, Boeser has posted nearly the same PPG in all seasons. His GPG has fluctuated a bit, but that's normal for a goal scorer, and the fluctuation has been marginal at worst. And, when I look at his PPG month or month last season and the season before, I do not see much of a differential. I will admit he's had seasons where he has looked better than others. His rookie season and last season were definitely his best, but I don't think there's enough there to label him as inconsistent.

Also, I really haven't minded his defensive play as of late. He certainly isn't lazy in that regard, but he does have limitations due to his skating and general offensive nature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad