Speculation: Shesterkin on contract: I love the team, I love the fans so of course it will be great to stay here. But you never know what’s going to happen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You make it sound like Nurse also has value. Trouba is an awful player with an awful contract. He has negative value.
Trouba is absolutely no worse than any of the pile of players like Edmundson, Kulak, Savard, Chiarot. NHL fans hate players like this, but NHL teams have proven they value them. And he’s younger than all of them, and his best has been better than any of them.

Trouba isn’t really that similar to Nurse in how he plays, but in a way he’s similar. He’s really not as bad as some say, like Nurse. He’s just evidently not worth his contract and isn’t suited for a top role on a contending team. Put him in a reduced role and where you aren’t paying him one of the worst contracts in the league, and you have a contributor that NHL teams will definitely value and fans also might.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well if you say thoose words he said you take a "paycut 9-10 million for the team not aim on the absolut highest crazy number.The feeling is that is to greedy and want 12+i know it is all about the business but it feels a little to greedy for the love of the team.

Personally i would not give him more than 9 million for 7 years.
No smart player personally negotiates through a throwaway comment in the media. This is a nothing statement. If you actually read the full quotes, you’d see that he said he’s letting his agent handle this. People who are just looking for drama and too lazy to read the context are trying to turn a generic response into some controversy that doesn’t exist.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Trouba is absolutely no worse than any of the pile of players like Edmundson, Kulak, Savard, Chiarot. NHL fans hate players like this, but NHL teams have proven they value them. And he’s younger than all of them, and his best has been better than any of them.

Trouba isn’t really that similar to Nurse in how he plays, but in a way he’s similar. He’s really not as bad as some say, like Nurse. He’s just evidently not worth his contract and isn’t suited for a top role on a contending team. Put him in a reduced role and where you aren’t paying him one of the worst contracts in the league, and you have a contributor that NHL teams will definitely value and fans also might.
So Trouba with retention would be attractive to top clubs. Does he have trade protection? He might say no to moving. Rangers will have to find another way to fit in Shesterkin’s 10+

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Tough spot for the Rangers to be in, I don’t think there is a realistic scenario where they do not keep him. Tough to argue a goalie is worth 11-12M but there are maybe 5-6 legit starting goalies in this league who have been proven number 1 for multiple years.

If they decided to move on from him they better be damn sure they have a good fallback plan (spoiler - they probably won’t)

Reactions: Fatass

Crow

May 19, 2014
Shesterkin or Marner you mean? Probably Marner if we keep Woll at 3M
Yes that’s what I meant.

I think I’d take Igor. Woll would make a great backup or more of a 1B. Would be the best tandem in the league I think.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Age isn't really something you can use in his favour. He's not young anymore. He's approaching the end of his career and he's not a good player at this point. The comparison to Nurse is based on shit players who are vastly overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad