Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
Question: How hospitable is the Shark Tank to loud but rational Canucks' fans in the playoffs? I expect to be chirped incessantly but as long as there is no physical violence I think I may make the trip.

Make sure to lean forward

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
jIwpLSJgyp6XT.png

:laugh:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Question: How hospitable is the Shark Tank to loud but rational Canucks' fans in the playoffs? I expect to be chirped incessantly but as long as there is no physical violence I think I may make the trip.

It has been my experience that Sharks fans are very tolerant of other teams' fans because there are so many transplants in SJ. When some teams play here (Bruins, Wings), it seem their fans fill about 30% of the seats. Even the total A-hole Canucks fans from a couple of years ago that sat behind me didn't get messed with, and I have never - ever - experienced such A-holes at a sporting event. My 3 year old daughter even shushed them they were so flipping annoying.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
A Ducks poster said the Ducks have never iced their best line-up. I think this is true of Vancouver, too. It will be very interesting to see what teams emerge on Wednesday night. Vancouver might have an unexpected look.

Whats fun for me is how well these teams match up if you take the top line out of the equation. Tight checking almost assures this, so the strengths of each team will be revealed. Vancouver can roll three offensive units or convert one to a checking line. Roy has given the Canucks options and I think, an advantage.

Vancouver's fourth line is playing for jobs next season, they all hit and Vigneault isn't afraid to use them. They have size and speed and can catch up to Jumbo easily enough.

Is SJ really going ahead with one goalie?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
A Ducks poster said the Ducks have never iced their best line-up. I think this is true of Vancouver, too. It will be very interesting to see what teams emerge on Wednesday night. Vancouver might have an unexpected look.

Whats fun for me is how well these teams match up if you take the top line out of the equation. Tight checking almost assures this, so the strengths of each team will be revealed. Vancouver can roll three offensive units or convert one to a checking line. Roy has given the Canucks options and I think, an advantage.

Vancouver's fourth line is playing for jobs next season, they all hit and Vigneault isn't afraid to use them. They have size and speed and can catch up to Jumbo easily enough.

Is SJ really going ahead with one goalie?

First of all, I'm highly offended you called us the "Ducks". Even if you put Roy on the 3rd line we have Pavelski centering our 3rd line so not really an advantage at all. Torres has speed and can catch up to any of your players too ;)

NathanCouture

Angry Joe
Sponsor
Nov 1, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
I believe the playoff selections for the Canadian broadcasters works with CBC getting the first two selections and then alternating between TSN and CBC until the last two. CBC decided the Ottawa/Montreal and Toronto/Boston series were more valuable.

disclaimer: I can only speak for myself and what I have seen.

Aside from sending a bunch of shirley temples to a table of wings fans at original joes one night, and some good natured bs at the games, I've never seen another team's fans assaulted*.

*this does not count for ducks fans.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
disclaimer: I can only speak for myself and what I have seen.

Aside from sending a bunch of shirley temples to a table of wings fans at original joes one night, and some good natured bs at the games, I've never seen another team's fans assaulted*.

*this does not count for ducks fans.

I have seen more altercations, though I would say 95% of them verbal between Sharks and Nucks fans than any other fanbase the Sharks play.

RammsteinGT

Prairie Shark
Sep 24, 2008
YQL/YXE
Judging by the website, we're going to roll with the BlackArmor again this postseason, aren't we?

Not sure if I like that, but if the boys play better, I'm all for it.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
so, i will have no access to cable.

any sites that are providing a pay for stream service that would be worth it?

I understand NBCSN has online streaming, but im outside of the US and dont use any of the providers they cater to.

any other options would be greatly appreciated!

-----
btw, i wish i could take pictures in my building (no phones allowed)

my wife mailed me a ton of sharks stuff for my desk.

five foam pucks, two toy hockey sticks (white/black), a sharks mouse pad, and a SJ Sharkie doll. I think im ready for the playoffs!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
yeah i hate how the playoffs don't count for game center. i don't have any cable in my place, i have a tv that has internet so game center is/was basically my only chance to watch the games without actually going out to a bar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad