Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It is a good sign that Vancouver fans are bemoaning Torres on the Sharks.

How healthy are the Canucks?

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
Anyone have the line combos for practice today? (If they practiced today, I assume they did.)

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Why is Burns playing FWD for you guys? I assume he'd play Defense in the series since Stuart is really the only big aggressive DMan you have and that is really the only way to try and Minimalize the Sedins.

Should be a great series, you guys block a lot of shots, so i expect to see some players get wounded by blocking Garrisons clapper.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Anyone have the line combos for practice today? (If they practiced today, I assume they did.)
Heres the D-Pairs:
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 50m
No surprised on #SJSharks forward lines. D-pairs are Boyle-Irwin; Vlasic-Braun; Stuart-Hannan

Assuming that the forward lines will stay the same. Havlat is on his line with Couture and Marleau today.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007

Tanev is the only one not going to play Game 1 most likely, may be ready sometime during the series, but Corrado will be taking his spot.
Booth prob wont play again this year

Besides that, everyone else is healthy.

skilks

This is nightmare
Jul 14, 2009
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Why is Burns playing FWD for you guys? I assume he'd play Defense in the series since Stuart is really the only big aggressive DMan you have and that is really the only way to try and Minimalize the Sedins.

Should be a great series, you guys block a lot of shots, so i expect to see some players get wounded by blocking Garrisons clapper.

The Burns experiment at forward has been an immense success (played at nearly a point per game). Don't discount Vlassic's ability to play shutdown.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Follow Kurz or Brazil or Pollak or Pashelka for details (or my Twitter list chock full of Sharks news https://twitter.com/LadyStanley/nhlsharks -- bonus coverage of other local sports). Did you hear the one about Burish's "oil leak"?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin-kurz/black-sweaters-return-playoffs
Pelech and Kearns added to the roster (and heading to Vancouver).

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Heres the D-Pairs:
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 50m
No surprised on #SJSharks forward lines. D-pairs are Boyle-Irwin; Vlasic-Braun; Stuart-Hannan

Assuming that the forward lines will stay the same. Havlat is on his line with Couture and Marleau today.

Yep .. because the Nucks need all the help they can get .. right? :shakehead

Tanevian*

I think it has been overdone somewhat, but we are a tad sensitive when it comes to injuries and the playoffs. Whether we have been worse of than others I am not sure, but it is expected that we'll be dressing Cam Barker in the top 4 at some point this playoff.

As was said, Booth is out and Tanev is likely out for the first 2 games and after that who knows. He's wearing a walking boot and little has been released.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
I'd like to maybe see, Boyle-Vlasic, Braun-Stuart, Hannan-Irwin. But then again, anything with Hannan makes that pairing look bad... Come back Demers!

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Not liking Stuart-Hannan.

Typical T-Mac. If they win and keep winning, he'll keep rolling with Hannan and expect you to call him a genius.

If they lose, he'll still stick with him until they are down 0-3 and then he'll make changes and talk about the pro-cess.

Apparently rolling with

Boyle-Irwin
Stuart-Braun
Vlasic-Tennyson (so Vlasic can cover any issues we have with Tennyson) is too simple to comprehend. Gotta make things more interesting by throwing Hannan into the mix. smh

Like I said before, somebody needs to tell T-mac (And Robinson) to "stop pairing the D like it's 2003."

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Apparently rolling with

Boyle-Irwin
Stuart-Braun
Vlasic-Tennyson (so Vlasic can cover any issues we have with Tennyson) is too simple to comprehend. Gotta make things more interesting by throwing Hannan into the mix. smh

I'd go with
Vlasic - Braun
Stuart - Tennyson
Irwin - Boyle

I want Vlasic to go against the Sedins, and a few rookie mistakes against them by Tennyson could really hurt. Small sample size, but Braun and Vlasic played really well against them last time, and they've been great down the stretch against the other team's top lines.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Typical T-Mac. If they win and keep winning, he'll keep rolling with Hannan and expect you to call him a genius.

If they lose, he'll still stick with him until they are down 0-3 and then he'll make changes and talk about the pro-cess.

Apparently rolling with

Boyle-Irwin
Stuart-Braun

Like I said before, somebody needs to tell T-mac (And Robinson) to "stop pairing the D like it's 2003."

Can't work. Tennyson cannot play shutdown minutes against the Sedins. Vlasic absolutely must.

I JUST WANT DEMERS BACK. :(

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Here I thought they rolled with Murray-Stuart because they needed Murray in the lineup to showcase for a trade. Now I'm starting to think that they really believe Murray-Stuart was a good pairing because they're going with something similar now.

Hannan-Boyle
Vlasic-Braun
Irwin-Stuart

Come back Demers. Without Demers, we only have 2 good puck-movers so there's going to be one pairing that can't get the damn puck out. Irwin-Stuart is shaky as well. I think Tennyson needs to be in the lineup until Demers gets back. It should be Irwin or Hannan sitting.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Stuart-Tennyson is a decent enough 3rd pair. It's not like Stuart was pencilled in for hard minutes anyway.

All I can say is that Vlasic is going to play a disgusting amount of ice time in this series.

CoveRat

Jun 30, 2012
From a Canucks fan, I'd just like to wish you guys the best of luck. I'm obviously hoping we advance, but if you do, you'll have a supporter in me! As long as one of us hoists the cup this year, I'll be happy. Tired of these "chokers" labels on both our teams.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I'm surprised any of you actually expected Tennyson to play over Hannan.

When has TMac ever gone with a rookie d-man over a veteran d-man come playoff time?

Not going to happen barring injury.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
You guys think if we drop the first two that Burns gets moved back? We can put Sheppard in as forward but in this series it may just be more important to have Burns on the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad