Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN - For those asking, the #SJSharks will be wearing their black sweaters for home playoff games.

Well crap. Sharks gonna lose now! (good grief! It will be a pajama party on the ice!)

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN - For those asking, the #SJSharks will be wearing their black sweaters for home playoff games.

Well crap. Sharks gonna lose now! (good grief! It will be a pajama party on the ice!)

Ugh, I guess the players (who vote on it) keep thinking this will be the year that everything will work out, i.e. win a cup while wearing the black jerseys.

Tanevian*

CBC not choosing the lone Canadian team in the Western Conference playoffs (and instead for the West chose 2 series that have no Canadian teams) has nothing to do with an anti-Sharks bias?? For those in Canada (or if us out of marketers somehow get stuck with a Canadian feed for any of the games), if TSN is better, great, but it's hard not to see an anti-Sharks bias, even from Canada.

CBC got the 1st 2 picks, they went with Eastern Canada. (no surprise) TSN chose 3rd. If anything, it'll show you the anti-West bias of CBC.

However, I am certainly excited that TSN got our games. Cuthbert > anyone on CBC and I find their video to be of slightly better quality.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012

I like the Black Jerseys better so yay.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Not that I care what they wear but why the hell do they love the black jerseys so much?

Players prefer them. When they first opted to go with them in the playoffs a few years back, I believe the players were saying they felt faster in them or something along those lines.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
so there is a lot of talk that if Roy is moved to 3C that the pavs line wont be nearly as effective.

what does everyone here think?

personally i think its still a mismatch, at least numbers wise. pavs line will likely come out on top in terms of chances and differential. points wise Roy seems like a good playmaker though, and it should be a decent line battle.

secondly, the tennyson/hannan comparison in underlying numbers couldnt be more stark. tennyson (small sample size/inflated) is on top in terms of his stats. his HART average is double dan boyles right now.

slightly unsustainable PDO, and his defense is definitely lacking. but he brings so much more even if he regresses than hannan...i really hope he features.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
so there is a lot of talk that if Roy is moved to 3C that the pavs line wont be nearly as effective.

what does everyone here think?

personally i think its still a mismatch, at least numbers wise. pavs line will likely come out on top in terms of chances and differential. points wise Roy seems like a good playmaker though, and it should be a decent line battle.

I highly doubt Derek Roy is going to be a big factor in this series or a point of concern. Decent player but not a gamebreaker.

Kesler would be the "shutdown" center to be concerned about.

Jul 10, 2010
so, i will have no access to cable.

any sites that are providing a pay for stream service that would be worth it?

I understand NBCSN has online streaming, but im outside of the US and dont use any of the providers they cater to.

any other options would be greatly appreciated!

-----
btw, i wish i could take pictures in my building (no phones allowed)

my wife mailed me a ton of sharks stuff for my desk.

five foam pucks, two toy hockey sticks (white/black), a sharks mouse pad, and a SJ Sharkie doll. I think im ready for the playoffs!
you canadian? cause i think TSn would have website streams if im not mistaken

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Now Pollak tweeting that he is seeing a lot of negtivity of the Black Jerseys and he will bring that back to the team. HA HA!

they ain't going ot change it. LOL.

I also think the Sharks think it helps confuse the goalie when they have the puck. But I beg to differ.

I hate them jerseys but as long as you get wins and move out of the first round, then I don't care what you wear!

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
you canadian? cause i think TSn would have website streams if im not mistaken

nah, im just in afghanistan. firstrow streams tend to work in the common area. the wifi in our dorms blocks them, so ill have to lug my laptop around most likely to catch any of the game.

right now im hoping i can use my friends xfinity profile and an IP spoofer to gether nbcsn streaming to work.

if i spoofed a canadian IP, would the TSN stuff work?

thansk for the response! :yo:

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
What comes first, Winning or Favorable Advanced Statistics? :sarcasm:

I just find a lot of them to be silly and mostly extrapolated. You can get good information out of statistics, but i've found that people base their opinion far too much on advanced stats. They always seem to be "unsustainable" as well :laugh:

Tanevian*

I highly doubt Derek Roy is going to be a big factor in this series or a point of concern. Decent player but not a gamebreaker.

Kesler would be the "shutdown" center to be concerned about.

Roy is certainly not a big worry from an opponents standpoint from from where I am sitting he's a mild upgrade from Andrew Ebbett.[/morethanslight] We needed a centre. It would be nice if he was 6'4, 220 or even 5'11. :)

Tanevian*

nah, im just in afghanistan. firstrow streams tend to work in the common area. the wifi in our dorms blocks them, so ill have to lug my laptop around most likely to catch any of the game.

right now im hoping i can use my friends xfinity profile and an IP spoofer to gether nbcsn streaming to work.

if i spoofed a canadian IP, would the TSN stuff work?

thansk for the response! :yo:

TSN charged for WJC last year, not sure what the plan is for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad