Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

AnderFunk

Sep 17, 2010
Regina, SK
Does CBC even get first pick at which series to show? I know they did once upon a time but I thought TSN had that right now. Anyone know how that works?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Time for first five games 7:00 pm. Nice West Coast time.

Guessing game 6 is TBD as the teams might end up on CBC or NBC. (At least there's no Kentucky Derby or Preakness Stakes that day to contend with.)

Looks like there are no "exclusive" NBC network games (1-4), so all should be Randy-Drew-ified.

yoss

May 25, 2011
He's a POS player. He has a terrible Corsi too.

Will admit that most nights i barely notice him out there. I do however think he does an admirable job of holding the glass together.

Here's to a good series Sharks fans. :cheers:

Should be entertaining, and i could see it go either way tbh. Probably end up cheering for your team if they happen to beat Nucks, though i'm hoping it doesn't come to that, and if i had to choose i'd say i don't think it will. ;)

Only thing that makes me a little nervous is you've had our number so far this year, and wouldn't necessarily be surprised if you took the series in 6 or 7.

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
surprised CBC didnt carry this series. makes no difference at all and possibly slightly less pro-vancouver which is fantastic. hope its cuthbert. cant wait until wednesday. is it at 7 or 730 tho (pacific time for you folks in SJ). nhl.com says 730 for game one, but i read you guys saying 7.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
surprised CBC didnt carry this series. makes no difference at all and possibly slightly less pro-vancouver which is fantastic. hope its cuthbert. cant wait until wednesday. is it at 7 or 730 tho (pacific time for you folks in SJ). nhl.com says 730 for game one, but i read you guys saying 7.

Yeah Game 1 is at 7:30. It seems there were some minor changes since the original announcement.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
not everything is about some random bias against the Sharks. I'd rather be on TSN since they have better pxp and color guys

CBC not choosing the lone Canadian team in the Western Conference playoffs (and instead for the West chose 2 series that have no Canadian teams) has nothing to do with an anti-Sharks bias?? For those in Canada (or if us out of marketers somehow get stuck with a Canadian feed for any of the games), if TSN is better, great, but it's hard not to see an anti-Sharks bias, even from Canada.

sharklife25

Jun 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I think this is the best Sharks' team we've ever had going into the playoffs.

We have 3 strong lines who can score and arguably our most solid D-pairings....

I feel more confident with this group of guys than I ever have... Can't wait to see what they can do come Wednesday!

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Why are some of you so pessimistic about a Nucks series? IMO, it's our best matchup out of all the West teams.

I think this is the best Sharks' team we've ever had going into the playoffs.

We have 3 strong lines who can score and arguably our most solid D-pairings....

I feel more confident with this group of guys than I ever have... Can't wait to see what they can do come Wednesday!

These :handclap:

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
I believe the playoff selections for the Canadian broadcasters works with CBC getting the first two selections and then alternating between TSN and CBC until the last two. CBC decided the Ottawa/Montreal and Toronto/Boston series were more valuable.

Question: How hospitable is the Shark Tank to loud but rational Canucks' fans in the playoffs? I expect to be chirped incessantly but as long as there is no physical violence I think I may make the trip.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Wait what the hell? I was the one who started this thread! Damn you, 88!

1363024330_the_frogman__deal_with_it_zps5f32afb1.gif

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Question: How hospitable is the Shark Tank to loud but rational Canucks' fans in the playoffs? I expect to be chirped incessantly but as long as there is no physical violence I think I may make the trip.

Stay away from the alcohol and you should be OK. (Sharks fans and ushers do not tolerate drunks, in any jersey)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad