Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Hopefully our fans do their part in this series too. I think one of the biggest reasons why we lost last time around (aside from Pavs getting destroyed by the Torres line) is that our building did a bad job being the "6th" man.

It was REALLY loud in the Vancouver building and our players got dear in headlights from it.

Our fans were too soft!

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Hopefully our fans do their part in this series too. I think one of the biggest reasons why we lost last time around (aside from Pavs getting destroyed by the Torres line) is that our building did a bad job being the "6th" man.

It was REALLY loud in the Vancouver building and our players got dear in headlights from it.

Our fans were too soft!

Warriors fans are doing a great job for them right now.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
You're probably right, but that's what I'm saying when I think our fans let the team down in the last series.

Agreed. I'm hoping that now even the "HP" fanbase realizes this isn't a SC favorite team anymore and needs that crowd we had back in the 90's/early 00's.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
You're probably right, but that's what I'm saying when I think our fans let the team down in the last series.

There's only so much you can do against the blues before fatigue sets in. :sarcasm:

I think HP will be loud. Vancouver makes for exciting games and the rival fans should help get things going. Maybe. I will be yelling.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Erhoff plays D... talking about 3rd line only. Yeah Hodgson was one of them. I think he was the one who really did the damage against pavs.

They let go of Torres, the best of the three. They still have Lapi and Hansen. Hodgson was on the 4th line IIRC. I know he wasn't on the third line.

Ehrhoff was really important to that team, more so than most realize.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Game 1: Weds 5/1 7:30pm

Game 2: Fri 5/3 7pm

Game 3: Sun 5/5 7pm

Game 4: Tues 5/7 7pm

Last edited:

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
If the Warriors series goes 6 (Which I hope it doesn't), makes for a great 4 days of Bay Area Playoffs, Warriors/Sharks/Warriors/Sharks.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I don't think any experienced coach desires be an assistant; he's just saying that not to step on McLellan's toes. IMO, at least.

IMHO Robinson would retire rather than take over the reins as a head coach. He will NEVER be a head coach again (maybe if you twist his arm he'll be a 1-2 game interim).

yoss

May 25, 2011
The first chance he gets, Torres should charge that POS stanchion and take it out for the rest of the series.

How dare you wish injury upon Stanchion!!

Besides, he only has 1 assist this year through the entire regular season.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'm really surprised that CBC has the Blackhawks/Wild and Blues/Kings series (plural). I thought they'd take the Canadian team from the Western Conference.

Just goes to show how much the major networks (NBC and CBC) in both countries do not want to show the Sharks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad