Speculation: What is Swayman's Trade Value?

Buda

Nov 1, 2002
Swayman to Anaheim makes zero sense. Especially when it involves retaining on Gibson for 3 years, and trading away Zegras.

Zegras + Dostal > Swayman with a 10+ mil cap hit and 3.5 mil retained on Gibson.

Dostal is the Ducks goalie for the next 10 years.
I could see Anaheim being a "3rd wheel" in a trade if for some reason Boston wants Gibson, but as you said, I see no reason for Anaheim to want to trade for Swayman and his new contract when they have Dostal and his potential.

Reactions: Gliff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
HAHA... I only brought up Matty Benier........WOW!
I mean, this is all about promoting and making news for the NHL. Swayman is topic #1 and Vegas always gets their target and casts aside anyone who prevents that from happening.

Of course this won't happen but I didn't see them getting Hertl and Hanafin either.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Byfield and Rittich for Swayman and Carlo.

Losing Byfield sucks for LA, but this instantly fixes their Backend,

Except that immediately punches a giant hole in their top end, thus defending the whole purpose. LA's offense was already average at best last season and they're stars are aging out. They need Byfield way more than Swayman.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I mean, this is all about promoting and making news for the NHL. Swayman is topic #1 and Vegas always gets their target and casts aside anyone who prevents that from happening.

Of course this won't happen but I didn't see them getting Hertl and Hanafin either.
No harm in having some fun now and then........

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Can't do it.

After your suggestion, I reviewed the numbers and Schmaltz fits perfectly with us right now. More of a right wing, good scorer, good defensive player, lots of blocks and takeaways. Gives us a top nine of

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Frederic-Poitras-Schmaltz
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie

Plus four big bodies to rotate into the fourth line. Even with the downgrade from last year to Korpisalo and Ingram in the nets, they should put up enough points to stay in contention most nights.

Reactions: Mosby

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
After your suggestion, I reviewed the numbers and Schmaltz fits perfectly with us right now. More of a right wing, good scorer, good defensive player, lots of blocks and takeaways. Gives us a top nine of

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Frederic-Poitras-Schmaltz
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie

Plus four big bodies to rotate into the fourth line. Even with the downgrade from last year to Korpisalo and Ingram in the nets, they should put up enough points to stay in contention most nights.
lindholm as your 1C is woof

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
They'll get a deal done. Boston not going to piss their season away for a million dollars. Swayman not going to sit the season and miss out on 8 million

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The only team I can see that could use an upgrade in net over their current options and aren't hampered by cap constraints (that means you Edmonton) is Colorado. Maybe also Detroit if they feel they can make the playoffs this year.

Colorado also has to resign Rantanen soon so keep that in mind also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad