Speculation: What is Swayman's Trade Value?

Buda

Nov 1, 2002
Swayman to Anaheim makes zero sense. Especially when it involves retaining on Gibson for 3 years, and trading away Zegras.

Zegras + Dostal > Swayman with a 10+ mil cap hit and 3.5 mil retained on Gibson.

Dostal is the Ducks goalie for the next 10 years.
I could see Anaheim being a "3rd wheel" in a trade if for some reason Boston wants Gibson, but as you said, I see no reason for Anaheim to want to trade for Swayman and his new contract when they have Dostal and his potential.

Reactions: Gliff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
HAHA... I only brought up Matty Benier........WOW!
I mean, this is all about promoting and making news for the NHL. Swayman is topic #1 and Vegas always gets their target and casts aside anyone who prevents that from happening.

Of course this won't happen but I didn't see them getting Hertl and Hanafin either.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Byfield and Rittich for Swayman and Carlo.

Losing Byfield sucks for LA, but this instantly fixes their Backend,

Except that immediately punches a giant hole in their top end, thus defending the whole purpose. LA's offense was already average at best last season and they're stars are aging out. They need Byfield way more than Swayman.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I mean, this is all about promoting and making news for the NHL. Swayman is topic #1 and Vegas always gets their target and casts aside anyone who prevents that from happening.

Of course this won't happen but I didn't see them getting Hertl and Hanafin either.
No harm in having some fun now and then........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad