Speculation: What is Swayman's Trade Value?

Buda

Nov 1, 2002
Swayman to Anaheim makes zero sense. Especially when it involves retaining on Gibson for 3 years, and trading away Zegras.

Zegras + Dostal > Swayman with a 10+ mil cap hit and 3.5 mil retained on Gibson.

Dostal is the Ducks goalie for the next 10 years.
I could see Anaheim being a "3rd wheel" in a trade if for some reason Boston wants Gibson, but as you said, I see no reason for Anaheim to want to trade for Swayman and his new contract when they have Dostal and his potential.

Reactions: Gliff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
HAHA... I only brought up Matty Benier........WOW!
I mean, this is all about promoting and making news for the NHL. Swayman is topic #1 and Vegas always gets their target and casts aside anyone who prevents that from happening.

Of course this won't happen but I didn't see them getting Hertl and Hanafin either.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I mean, this is all about promoting and making news for the NHL. Swayman is topic #1 and Vegas always gets their target and casts aside anyone who prevents that from happening.

Of course this won't happen but I didn't see them getting Hertl and Hanafin either.
No harm in having some fun now and then........

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Can't do it.

After your suggestion, I reviewed the numbers and Schmaltz fits perfectly with us right now. More of a right wing, good scorer, good defensive player, lots of blocks and takeaways. Gives us a top nine of

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Frederic-Poitras-Schmaltz
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie

Plus four big bodies to rotate into the fourth line. Even with the downgrade from last year to Korpisalo and Ingram in the nets, they should put up enough points to stay in contention most nights.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
After your suggestion, I reviewed the numbers and Schmaltz fits perfectly with us right now. More of a right wing, good scorer, good defensive player, lots of blocks and takeaways. Gives us a top nine of

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Frederic-Poitras-Schmaltz
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie

Plus four big bodies to rotate into the fourth line. Even with the downgrade from last year to Korpisalo and Ingram in the nets, they should put up enough points to stay in contention most nights.
lindholm as your 1C is woof

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The only team I can see that could use an upgrade in net over their current options and aren't hampered by cap constraints (that means you Edmonton) is Colorado. Maybe also Detroit if they feel they can make the playoffs this year.

Colorado also has to extend Rantanen soon so keep that in mind also.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I can see him headed to the Canucks when Demko gets cleared

To Vancouver: Swayman, 2025 3rd

To Boston: Demko, Hoglander, Bleuger, Juulsen, Woo, 2026 4th

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
CBJ seriously needs a very good goalie to help out the young defense. They are going to make mistakes with all the young forwards and defense.

Elvis with 25% retention or Tarasov, ‘25 1st round (top 5 protected), ‘25 3rd round, ‘25 4th round.

Trying not to pull any prospects out because all are needed to help the with growth and scoring. With losing Johnny Guadreau it really hurt the trajectory of this team (not trying to be insensitive but reality).

Just spitballing.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
CBJ seriously needs a very good goalie to help out the young defense. They are going to make mistakes with all the young forwards and defense.

Elvis with 25% retention or Tarasov, ‘25 1st round (top 5 protected), ‘25 3rd round, ‘25 4th round.

Trying not to pull any prospects out because all are needed to help the with growth and scoring. With losing Johnny Guadreau it really hurt the trajectory of this team (not trying to be insensitive but reality).

Just spitballing.
Has CBJ accumulated enough young talent to exit their rebuild? This feels a little premature, though it could work next year IMO. This is the team I've thought would be the best fit for Swayman if the Bruins do decide to trade him. Right now though, this feels like a Sens trading for DbC, Chychrun kind of mistake.

Reactions: Youngguns1380

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Boston really doesn’t like to pay their players.

There's been a thread floating around on the main board lately asking why Boston's been such a successful org. Well, one reason is probably because they understand what the cap means and that you can't overpay a select few players, and leave the rest of the roster barren, like teenagers and likeminded do with their fantasy teams, if you want to be a true contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad