Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
didn't see the entire game, so i'm going to ask you guys. does it seem like Reinhart and Pulock are improving? from what i saw, Pulock looked better.

also think that Thompson might have a better system going than Cappy does. they definitely have a better GAA. obviously, comparing the two teams is like comparing apples to oranges.

Graham gets a rest, which i thought was weird. he seemed to be playing well. maybe nursing an injury?

thought our guys played very disciplined. Rats were playing dirty, and our guys kept their cool.

I'd take Thompson over Capuano and Weight to be completely honest. Doesn't seem as dumb as Capuano, and has more experience than Weight at head coaching.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Like Pulock, Poulin had a very good camp, and you can't complain about his numbers at Bridgeport this year, maybe he's maturing ? Maybe he has a future ?

Does he still drop his stick for no reason at all?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I don't know much about goalie dev, but why do you guys think Poulin is not able to adjust to the NHL level? I think he is quick enough and agile enough....maybe bad hockey IQ?

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
I don't know much about goalie dev, but why do you guys think Poulin is not able to adjust to the NHL level? I think he is quick enough and agile enough....maybe bad hockey IQ?

With Poulin, he has all the talent in the world, but is very fragile mentally (not being prepared for the start of a game, widely inconsistent, easily thrown off of his game, etc.).

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
With Poulin, he has all the talent in the world, but is very fragile mentally (not being prepared for the start of a game, widely inconsistent, easily thrown off of his game, etc.).

Think it had more to do with that knee injury because he wasn't like that before the injury.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Think it had more to do with that knee injury because he wasn't like that before the injury.

i think that could be it as well, hopefully he continues to put together a great season. He needs to play a lot this year, maybe after Johnson is gone Poulin will be ready to backup Halak.

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006

Well, I think that was a factor for his rough past few seasons, but I've heard questions regarding his mental strength in net since his draft year.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Well, I think that was a factor for his rough past few seasons, but I've heard questions regarding his mental strength in net since his draft year.

I did too, I remember though in his callup before that freak knee injury he was playing great and earning more and more time in the net.

The way he moved then compared to how he moved last season is night and day. Hopefully he did something there to fix it.

Or maybe it's playing in front of a sound defense that helps give a guy confidence?

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
I did too, I remember though in his callup before that freak knee injury he was playing great and earning more and more time in the net.

The way he moved then compared to how he moved last season is night and day. Hopefully he did something there to fix it.

Or maybe it's playing in front of a sound defense that helps give a guy confidence?

Probably a bit of both, but hopefully he is beginning to figure everything out because I really did have high hopes for him.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
can't access the game yet, so i will ask those that watched.

Mayfield in another fight? how did he do? did he punch the other guy in the fist, with his face, like he normally does?

i love his desire to be tough, because we need it bad. too bad he isn't, though. man, he needs boxing lessons from someone, and bad.

otherwise, seems like a decent game again. Poulin looking great?

Reinhart and Pulock?

thanks.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

Mayfield in another fight? how did he do? did he punch the other guy in the fist, with his face, like he normally does?

i love his desire to be tough, because we need it bad. too bad he isn't, though. man, he needs boxing lessons from someone, and bad.

Reinhart and Pulock?

thanks.

Only saw part of the game.... the good parts (the goals). Sound tigers controlled most of the play in the first period. Didn't see the fight or most of the saves from Poulin.

Can't get over how much stretch and zolnierczyk contribute in all three phases of the game (es, pk, and even on pp). Its a pleasure to watch them work together.

The Mayfield fight happened after I stopped watching... work was getting crazy. Just as well as he usually doesn't fair too well in those. I've been disappointed in Mayfield early this season, I was expecting a jump in his play, it hasnt happened. Not bad on the penalty kill but he's still very raw.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Reinhart and Pulock?

thanks.

I just looked up Mayfield on hockeyfights.com and they have him listed as 6'4 175. I know those listings are outdated and pretty arbitrary but man, that's skinny. Hopefully he's pushing 215-220lbs at least - he can carry it.

nc1972

Jun 3, 2006
Mayfield

Many have spoken about the lack of progression in Mayfield's development I think we need to be a bit more patient. He was a second round pick and a defensemen at that, tall and gangly. Hell we have two first round picks learning the pro game with BPST right now, he may or may not pan out but as of now there is no rush. I for one appreciate the physical dimension of his game whether he wins those fight's or not he is competitive. Let him gain confidence add some weight/muscle learn his craft. Not all D-men have to be stars we are deep on the backend and somewhere down the line a good deal of our prospects will be getting moved.Hopefully for a substantial player. Time is on our side a little more patients and the NYI phone will be ringing off the hook from rival GM's.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Poulin, Mayfield, Pedan etc. are all long shots to play regularly in the league anytime soon. Poulin could have a similar development time to Anton Khudobin's and Mayfield/Pedan to, say Johnny Boychuk. I'll be a bit surprised if anyone of them ends up having big roles for us in the end but they can probably eke out a career somewhere in the league within five years.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Reinhart with another point tonight, seems like he has found his offense and lost his defense(he is -6) in the AHL

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
de Haan was -5 last year in the AHL.

I'm more concerned about Reinhart's foot speed and overall agility.

Reinhart with another point tonight, seems like he has found his offense and lost his defense(he is -6) in the AHL

Michael Fornabaio @fornabaioctp · 20m
Reinhart has been missing for about 10 minutes... had been guessing equipment but wonder about that now. #BST to fourth PP, 3/3.

https://twitter.com/fornabaioctp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad