Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Bridgeport 6, Hartford 1, goals by Courtnall, Halmo, Quine, Pulock, C Mac (2).
Poulin 34 saves, 35 shots.

Poulin is intriguing me again. Anyone watching him throughout the season care to give a scouting report ? His stats are insane. Would love an update on Pulock as well, great stats too, 3 goals and a +7.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Poulin is intriguing me again. Anyone watching him throughout the season care to give a scouting report ? His stats are insane. Would love an update on Pulock as well, great stats too, 3 goals and a +7.

watched most of the games, and listened to a few.

the team is playing good in front of him, but i often see, and hear the announcers saying, that he makes very good saves.

not schooled enough to know if his positioning is improving, but he still seems to rely on reflex for much of his saves. i find this encouraging. if he can improve his positioning, and maintain his great reflexes, he could be a player.

at 24, i'd say that we can ripen him for a few years, hopefully as Johson's replacement. maybe even more. he is looking good.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Sound like Pulock is coming along well. Mike Forabaio, the Bridgeport reporter says that Griff and Collberg will miss another 1 to 2 weeks.

honestly think that Pulock is adjusting better than Reinhart. we need another righty, so hopefully between him and Mayfield, we will have decent depth on the right side.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I follow Bridgeport's version of a beat writer on Twitter and this what he said...

@fornabaioctp: Bridgeport 6, Hartford 1, final. Tied for most #BST goals in this building; biggest margin of victory here. Poulin 34 saves, stellar again

https://twitter.com/fornabaioctp/status/533442817096290304

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Poulin can still be a NHL goaltender, I'm just not sure if it's going to be with us.

Halak is here for another 4 years and Johnson is signed on to be the backup next year as well.

Is Poulin going to wait two more years just to back up?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
honestly think that Pulock is adjusting better than Reinhart. we need another righty, so hopefully between him and Mayfield, we will have decent depth on the right side.

Griff's is out another 1 to 2 weeks which slows him, up you are right that Pulock is adjusting to pro hockey and faster than we expected.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Just checked stats on the soudtigger's (yes i meant to do that) site. Pulock has 0 PIM? How is that even possible? Not even a desperation hook or holding minor? Has he really played that composed?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Boychuck's early season success on the PP is what has me excited with the possibility a player like Pulock presents.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Just checked stats on the soudtigger's (yes i meant to do that) site. Pulock has 0 PIM? How is that even possible? Not even a desperation hook or holding minor? Has he really played that composed?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Boychuck's early season success on the PP is what has me excited with the possibility a player like Pulock presents.

now that you mention it, he always seems to like like he is playing shinny. no hacking and whacking. rarely takes the body with gusto, if at all. very fluent and efficient. it should also be noted that he is a team best +7.

maybe he is just feeling his way around right now? a bit timid, until he gets used to the size and speed?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
now that you mention it, he always seems to like like he is playing shinny. no hacking and whacking. rarely takes the body with gusto, if at all. very fluent and efficient. it should also be noted that he is a team best +7.

maybe he is just feeling his way around right now? a bit timid, until he gets used to the size and speed?

No I didn't mean it as a criticism. I'm just surprised that a younger inexperienced d-man wouldn't have some penalties because of being caught out of position. The fact that he has no penalties but a high +\- would indicate to me that is playing the position with great poise and composure. To those who have watched him consistently... Is that a faire assessment to make?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bridgeport 5, Hartford 2-Goals by Pulock (2), Halmo. Langkow, C-Mac.
Leggio, 25 saves, 27 shots.
Pulock, first star of the game.

Last edited:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
No I didn't mean it as a criticism. I'm just surprised that a younger inexperienced d-man wouldn't have some penalties because of being caught out of position. The fact that he has no penalties but a high +\- would indicate to me that is playing the position with great poise and composure. To those who have watched him consistently... Is that a faire assessment to make?

oh, i wasn't being critical either. it's impressive that he doesn't have to resort to questionable plays, in order to be effective defensively.

i only see him via tv, so my assessment is probably not very good. he just looks really comfortable out there. cool as a cucumber. makes it look easy. probably passed Mayfield as far as 1st to be called up, for a righty.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
BP 1st in the west, 2nd in the league, with a win % of 75.

10-3-0-1

1st in GF with 57. they have a very balanced offense.
solid GA, but i think mostly due to Poulin.
best goal differential +22.

had a rough start, but are humming along now.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
BP 1st in the west, 2nd in the league, with a win % of 75.

10-3-0-1

1st in GF with 57. they have a very balanced offense.
solid GA, but i think mostly due to Poulin.
best goal differential +22.

had a rough start, but are humming along now.
Thompson can handle talent at that level.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
After watching the Isles' PP last night, and then seeing that Pulock scored two PPG's, I can't help but feel:

66347c69832bdee15b1fcb99a4b6370c.jpg

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
For you Soundtiger guys would Pulock be the first injury replacement as of now?

Im going to add to this question, how is his skating. In the few scouting reports i have read, they have all said Pulock needs to work on his skating. And what do you see for his upside? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad