Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Yeah, not worried about Defenseman development time at all. It's a project. I remember how many Lightning fans thought Hedman was a bust just a couple years ago.

Whenever you think it's taking too long for a defenseman to develop just keep whispering to yourself "Brian Rafalski, Brian Rafalski"

scott99

May 13, 2005
I knew Gallant was tough as nails but check out his two fights against much bigger Springfield players on Sunday Hockeyfights.com.
He beats down 6'3" 215 lb. Josh Anderson, knocking him down twice and landing half a dozen serious rights to the face.

Then he takes on 6'7" 225 lb. Brett Poinich and just beats the crap out of him with four solid rights to the face.

Gallant is a beast. So glad we resigned him to have the backs of our young kids down there.

I love this guy, can't wait until Boulton is history and Gallant is an Islander.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I knew Gallant was tough as nails but check out his two fights against much bigger Springfield players on Sunday Hockeyfights.com.
He beats down 6'3" 215 lb. Josh Anderson, knocking him down twice and landing half a dozen serious rights to the face.

Then he takes on 6'7" 225 lb. Brett Poinich and just beats the crap out of him with four solid rights to the face.

Gallant is a beast. So glad we resigned him to have the backs of our young kids down there.

Impressive.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Just wondering why G Kent Simpson in Colorado of ECHL and not in Stockton?

Stockton simply already has goaltenders.

In addition, even if an Islander property, if his situation there in Colorado allows him to play a lot, there's little reason to move him.

That'll likely only come if there's an acute need for his services. May happen at some point.

odhaguy

Aug 6, 2007
Colorado "simply" has goalies too, three in total, including one from the Flames organization - their affiliate. Neither of the Stockton goalies is on Islanders depth chart. Stockton is Islanders ECHL affiliate.

JPIsles21

Jul 9, 2006
It's disappointing that so many defensemen picked after Reinhart are playing in the NHL and have looked better than him. I remember prior to the draft when people were talking about him, saying that I was not impressed by him when I saw him in the Memorial Cup. I was always worried about his lack of speed, and his lack of intensity. Of course he grew on me after we drafted him, and he had 2 solid WJC's and a solid Memorial Cup winning season last year. BUT, those 2 things, lack of speed and lack of intensity may just make him a draft bust. As a top 4 overall draft pick, you have to be able to show more than what he has. Hell, Severson on the Devils was picked off 60th overall in the same draft, and has looked 10x better.

This is a little silly. He's 20 years old. There was a time where people were saying the same things about Alex Pietrangelo. Also remember when Peter Mueller made the league sooner and was better earlier than Kyle Okposo? Progression arcs are different for players. Calm down. It's two weeks into his first professional season.

scott99

May 13, 2005
This is a little silly. He's 20 years old. There was a time where people were saying the same things about Alex Pietrangelo. Also remember when Peter Mueller made the league sooner and was better earlier than Kyle Okposo? Progression arcs are different for players. Calm down. It's two weeks into his first professional season.

I love how people are telling me to calm down, lol. I'm perfectly calm, just making an observation that Reinhart has been a mild disappointment and other defensemen drafted the same year have played well. At age 20 he has plenty of time to progress, but it is a little disappointing.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I love how people are telling me to calm down, lol. I'm perfectly calm, just making an observation that Reinhart has been a mild disappointment and other defensemen drafted the same year have played well. At age 20 he has plenty of time to progress, but it is a little disappointing.

Not every development path is a straight line pointing up.... In fact very few to none of them are.

I have seen Reinhart play bad games before, bad series, and bad tournaments even (I for one don't feel he looked good in his first WJC20).

but Every single time Griff comes back and plays lights out. I expect him to turn it around pretty quick. It's certainly nothing to be disappointed about... it isn't permanent.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

LMAO.... there's no way you're being serious.

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
It's disappointing that so many defensemen picked after Reinhart are playing in the NHL and have looked better than him. I remember prior to the draft when people were talking about him, saying that I was not impressed by him when I saw him in the Memorial Cup. I was always worried about his lack of speed, and his lack of intensity. Of course he grew on me after we drafted him, and he had 2 solid WJC's and a solid Memorial Cup winning season last year. BUT, those 2 things, lack of speed and lack of intensity may just make him a draft bust. As a top 4 overall draft pick, you have to be able to show more than what he has. Hell, Severson on the Devils was picked off 60th overall in the same draft, and has looked 10x better.

It may well be that Reinhart ends up being a bust, but at age 20 and less than a month into his first professional season I would hardly make it seem as preordained as you do. Over the years there have been too many players to list who have started out like gangbusters only to never take the next step or regress significantly while others who started slower ended up having better careers

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I don't want to use Bailey here but I will... Because as much grief as the kid took, he looked to have finally found his niche and looked like one of our best forwards. After years of being the whipping boy, you actually see fans to a degree lamenting his pending absense.

Reinhart is a 20 year old PROSPECT, whom is in an organization that cand finally afford to take their time. I mean, say it takes three years for it to really click for Reinhart, but when it does the kid is a top tier pairing, shutting down opponents top forwars, etc... By then, you have a 23 year old, top defender. I stress 23 years old... All the while the islanders might not even need to really use the kid.

That being said, I am sure we haven't seen the last of Reinhart this season. I am even more positive that this time next year some will be beating down the door to find a spot for Reinhart on the roster. When Reinhart was drafted, I wasn't enthused all too much. However, I did have the feeling that Reinhart would be the true shut down defender we had lacked in the organization beyond hammer.

Thing with that is, it's not always the most flashy no attention grabbing style. Thus, Reinhart truly has to be shut down without having an offensive element like say pulock.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

Fair enough, but the same two flaws were also true of Kenny Jonsson. Normally, that wouldn't be terribly relevant, except for the fact that the players have very similar strengths as well.

Sure other players have made the NHL faster than him, but there's not a ton of correlation in terms of speed at which you establish yourself in the NHL and how good you are going be in the NHL. In my observation, outside of goalies, defensive defensemen usually take the longest to develop, because that's the hardest part of the NHL game to acclimate to.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
they are all different, that is true. Trouba was outstanding last year, and is struggling this year. each sscenario different, each path unpredictable.

going to watch the game now, and pay special attention to him, Pulock and Collberg.

nickel7168

Apr 16, 2014
Centreville, VA
can anyone tell us the Bprt forward lines and defensive pairings from last night's game?

and/or tell us where this info can be found following the games

Last edited:

Veteran journeyman

May 12, 2007
For anyone who follows closer than I do...is Jesse Graham a legit prospect? Just looking over the number of GP, it looks like Graham and Ness are getting games in over Pedan and Pelech...Ness doesn't seem to be in the Isles' future. Not sure about Graham, but do you guys think they'll keep all these d-men, or might they make a move to get everyone ice time for the sake of development/evaluation?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
For anyone who follows closer than I do...is Jesse Graham a legit prospect? Just looking over the number of GP, it looks like Graham and Ness are getting games in over Pedan and Pelech...Ness doesn't seem to be in the Isles' future. Not sure about Graham, but do you guys think they'll keep all these d-men, or might they make a move to get everyone ice time for the sake of development/evaluation?

Graham is a legit PMD prospect, as is Burroughs. After Lubo leaves, Pulock will most likely be the favorite there but I'm guessing Graham will at least have an outside chance.

No idea why Pelech isn't in the lineup though. Not sure if there's an injury or something, but if not Ness needs to be bounced. Would like to see these pairings, regardless of experience:

Reinhart - Pulock
Czuczman - Mayfield
Pelech - Graham

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Graham is a legit PMD prospect, as is Burroughs. After Lubo leaves, Pulock will most likely be the favorite there but I'm guessing Graham will at least have an outside chance.

No idea why Pelech isn't in the lineup though. Not sure if there's an injury or something, but if not Ness needs to be bounced. Would like to see these pairings, regardless of experience:

Reinhart - Pulock
Czuczman - Mayfield
Pelech - Graham

Ness wears the C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad