Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Martin is a heart-n-soul glue guy. The fact that he chips in 10-15 points and leads the league in hits makes him a commodity. That he hasn't been fighting much is, well, not what we could have suspected a few years back, but almost any and every team in the league would like this kid in their organization.

If he's not in our top 12 somewhere, then our team must be getting pretty doggone good!

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
MM17 fills a role that is important to a winning culture. Clutterbuck does not quite do it completely. MM17 had a poor season protecting the puck and driving possession, also defensively. So did Cizikas so the whole line suffered. I am not ready to throw him under the bus. He is capable of scoring 25 points, but also of playing a much better 2 way possession game, maybe if he concentrates less on hitting, more on positioning and skating. I would love to see a speedster like Ullstrom on his line instead of CMac, it could open up the transition game for them.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Martin is a heart-n-soul glue guy. The fact that he chips in 10-15 points and leads the league in hits makes him a commodity. That he hasn't been fighting much is, well, not what we could have suspected a few years back, but almost any and every team in the league would like this kid in their organization.

If he's not in our top 12 somewhere, then our team must be getting pretty doggone good!

I like Martin a lot. But unless there is a trade I see him as that extra forward. I'm fine iwth the 10-15 points on the fourth line. What I'm not fine with is his type of hits. I rarely see any turnover producing hits from him. Mostly they seem to happen after the Dman has passed the puck and he's just finishing his check.

Honestly, as I said in another thread. He needs to get real nasty and real dirty. I know most people don't want to hear that but I want to see other teams flipping out on him every game, drawing penalties.

For the type of player he is he does play a real tough style but it's too clean cut. I'm not saying I want him to go all Matt Cooke out there but when he's on the ice the other team needs to at the very least worry about being destroyed.

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
MM17 fills a role that is important to a winning culture. Clutterbuck does not quite do it completely. MM17 had a poor season protecting the puck and driving possession, also defensively. So did Cizikas so the whole line suffered. I am not ready to throw him under the bus. He is capable of scoring 25 points, but also of playing a much better 2 way possession game, maybe if he concentrates less on hitting, more on positioning and skating. I would love to see a speedster like Ullstrom on his line instead of CMac, it could open up the transition game for them.

I agree with you Bill. I'd rather see Martin playing a disciplined 2 way game than hitting aimlessly. The 300+ hits are shiny but empty if he's not playing real hockey.

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
I like Martin a lot. But unless there is a trade I see him as that extra forward. I'm fine iwth the 10-15 points on the fourth line. What I'm not fine with is his type of hits. I rarely see any turnover producing hits from him. Mostly they seem to happen after the Dman has passed the puck and he's just finishing his check.

Honestly, as I said in another thread. He needs to get real nasty and real dirty. I know most people don't want to hear that but I want to see other teams flipping out on him every game, drawing penalties.

For the type of player he is he does play a real tough style but it's too clean cut. I'm not saying I want him to go all Matt Cooke out there but when he's on the ice the other team needs to at the very least worry about being destroyed.

I'd rather him be Matt Cooke the player than Matt Cooke the *******. Of course you have to wonder how much his dirtiness contributes to his effectiveness as a hockey player, though.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
So with Poulin signed, who is the other Bridgeport goalie?

Anyone have a projected Bport lineup?

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
So with Poulin signed, who is the other Bridgeport goalie?

Anyone have a projected Bport lineup?

Really depends on who makes the big club, which path they will take (cheap or most talented).

Could be:

Lee. Strome Skille
Persson Sundstrom Collberg
Halmo Mouillierat Zolnierczyk
Quine. L.Sutter. Gallant
Ex J.Clark

Donovan Mayfield
Reinhart. Pulock
Pelech Czuczman
Pedan. Ness
(Graham and leduc start in echl)

Leggio
Poulin

Real possibility if $$$ and experience dictate opening night isles roster.

If actual talent makes the big club and guys like conacher, MacDonald, Boulton, carkner, get waived and isles pay NHL money for them to play in Bridgeport (ill believe it when I see it). Then guys like Strome, Reinhart, Lee won't be on the sound tiger's and the team will look different.

I'm also going off the assumption that they offer a contract and sign Lukas Sutter to an ELC and he goes to Bridgeport

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
The Sound Tigers play the Albany Devils at the Prudential Center on January 21. I might try to attend that game.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
The Sound Tigers play the Albany Devils at the Prudential Center on January 21. I might try to attend that game.

Would have liked to go but over three hours each way is too long a trip on a school night. Will try to watch Bridgeport when they play in Albany. Kind of more limited going this season as Bridgeport has no games in Utica or Adirondack this year.

BroadwayJay*

The Albany Devils have the Prudential game listed on their website.

No tickets up yet though.

Yeah, I'm going to go for sure. I might go rinkside too, I did that for the preseason game with that ridiculous Barch-Gallant fight where they took each other's helmets off.

That's a great place to see a game.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
Would have liked to go but over three hours each way is too long a trip on a school night. Will try to watch Bridgeport when they play in Albany. Kind of more limited going this season as Bridgeport has no games in Utica or Adirondack this year.

My girlfriend and I live on Long Island but have been talking for a while about the possibility of making a trip to Saratoga Springs during the off-peak season (after the racing and ballet seasons). It occured to me I might be able to convince her to take a trip to the Capital Region when the Albany Devils host the Sound Tigers, and now we plan to go to Albany on November 23 as part of a larger Capital district weekend getaway. She probably thinks my Islander obsession is ridiculous while realizing there are worse hobbies (habits?) to have!

BroadwayJay*

My girlfriend and I live on Long Island but have been talking for a while about the possibility of making a trip to Saratoga Springs during the off-peak season (after the racing and ballet seasons). It occured to me I might be able to convince her to take a trip to the Capital Region when the Albany Devils host the Sound Tigers, and now we plan to go to Albany on November 23 as part of a larger Capital district weekend getaway. She probably thinks my Islander obsession is ridiculous while realizing there are worse hobbies (habits?) to have!

My wife considers my Islander addiction to be one of the more expensive hobbies I have. She's learned to live with it.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

I'm only about 20 minutes away, if I'm not busy that would be a good game to go to.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I was thinking If I can get a new job that I might try to see the Tigers when they come down to play the Admirals at the Scope.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
I live too far southwest. I've gone to a good number of Texas Stars games down here in Austin, but you can only see Lake Erie and Rochester play against the junior Stars so many times. :laugh:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bridgeport Sound Tigers 2014-15 Thread

Bridgeport opens their season with a pair of weekend games against St. John's.
To one of our mods, if you feel the thread is worthy please sticky, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad