Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 10 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 138 60.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
all of us

demidov, hage, beck and kapponen - but yes they need to draft a couple of more top end forwards

Of those 4, only Demi is top end talent. The other 3, no guarantee they make it or even move the needle.

Hugo needs to get to work and revamp the horrid bottom six. Adding a top 4 RD would be nice.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
For the love of God why are people so obsessed with fighting? It's so utterly f***ing worthless. You want Slav to break his hand on some scrubs face? Is it too much to ask to just get everyone to finish checks and punish opponents along the boards? Let's get some open ice hits, put one guy through the glass and the whole team will be panic passing for the rest of the game.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe the Habs need one more top 5 pick...
They 100% did.

This draft has some either high-end skill, or very skilled with size available.

I'm really hoping Calgary finishes 11th.

Jan Jenik might be a good waiver option. There is a chance he makes the sens as he's looked good, but he's a big body with some skill and could be worth the chance.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They 100% did.

This draft has some either high-end skill, or very skilled with size available.

I'm really hoping Calgary finishes 11th.

Jan Jenik might be a good waiver option. There is a chance he makes the sens as he's looked good, but he's a big body with some skill and could be worth the chance.
Can you explain the Calgary pick to me? How is Florida's pick involved?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
For the love of God why are people so obsessed with fighting? It's so utterly f***ing worthless. You want Slav to break his hand on some scrubs face? Is it too much to ask to just get everyone to finish checks and punish opponents along the boards? Let's get some open ice hits, put one guy through the glass and the whole team will be panic passing for the rest of the game.
I'd be more worried about Slaf's jaw. Riffai clocked him pretty good last night.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
27 + 2 players on waivers i read somehwere
Les 16 joueurs suivants ont été cédés au Rocket de Laval. Parmi ceux-ci, on retrouve sept attaquants (Vincent Arseneau, Alex Beaucage, Laurent Dauphin, Israel Mianscum, Logan Nijhoff, Jakov Novak et Charles Savoie), sept défenseurs (Zackary Hayes, Joshua Jacobs, Chris Jandric, Simon Motew, Jacob Paquette, Vincent Sévigny et Tyler Wotherspoon) et deux gardiens (Luke Cavallin et Hunter Jones).

De plus, les joueurs suivants ont été assignés au club de la LAH affilié aux Canadiens : Owen Beck, Jared Davidson, Sean Farrell, Riley Kidney, Filip Mesar, Jacob Perreault, Xavier Simoneau, Luke Tuch, Florian Xhekaj, William Trudeau et Connor Hughes, soit neuf attaquants, un défenseur ainsi qu'un gardien.

Au total, 27 joueurs rejoindront le camp d'entraînement du Rocket, qui débutera ce mardi 1er octobre à la Place Bell.

Condotta and Gignac on waivers

Reactions: Deebs

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Can you explain the Calgary pick to me? How is Florida's pick involved?
From what I understand for what's left is...

If the picks are both top 10, Montreal gets Calgary's 2026 1st unprotected.

If one pick is top 10 and the other is outside the top 10 Montreal gets the pick outside the top 10.

If both picks are outside the top 10, Montreal gets the better of the two picks.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Maybe the Habs need one more top 5 pick..

They’re getting one whether they want it or not.

Les 16 joueurs suivants ont été cédés au Rocket de Laval. Parmi ceux-ci, on retrouve sept attaquants (Vincent Arseneau, Alex Beaucage, Laurent Dauphin, Israel Mianscum, Logan Nijhoff, Jakov Novak et Charles Savoie), sept défenseurs (Zackary Hayes, Joshua Jacobs, Chris Jandric, Simon Motew, Jacob Paquette, Vincent Sévigny et Tyler Wotherspoon) et deux gardiens (Luke Cavallin et Hunter Jones).

De plus, les joueurs suivants ont été assignés au club de la LAH affilié aux Canadiens : Owen Beck, Jared Davidson, Sean Farrell, Riley Kidney, Filip Mesar, Jacob Perreault, Xavier Simoneau, Luke Tuch, Florian Xhekaj, William Trudeau et Connor Hughes, soit neuf attaquants, un défenseur ainsi qu'un gardien.

Au total, 27 joueurs rejoindront le camp d'entraînement du Rocket, qui débutera ce mardi 1er octobre à la Place Bell.

Condotta and Gignac on waivers
Why did t Arseneau play last night? Isn’t he supposed to be good with his fists? Wouldn’t it be good to play him against the turds?

Mesar is a bust. Another wasted pick.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
They’re getting one whether they want it or not.

Why did t Arseneau play last night? Isn’t he supposed to be good with his fists? Wouldn’t it be good to play him against the turds?

Mesar is a bust. Another wasted pick.
Yep, totally agree, this is a bottom 5 team.

Mesar - he will be gone in two / three years. Shows nothing.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No way to know just yet what Hage will be.

He was drafted late in the first and % who turn out to be something is low. For all we know he is another Mesar.
Well Demidov went later than he should have. Hage probably did too HuGo likely figured he would go top 15. Hutson went 62. HuGo are better at drafting than many GM's.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
This year is going to be horrific and boring. I am going to ruin it for everyone once again with my toxic negativity and trashing of MSL. Apologies in advance

Reactions: Habby4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad