Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 10 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 135 59.5%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
With the knee injury we witnessed last night would Kent Hughes now try and trade for a Zegras type? Or has that ship sailed
I couldn't care less what he does this season, the guy's moves are proving to be the wrong ones, so the less he does, the better.

Reactions: Habs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I couldn't care less what he does this season, the guy's moves are proving to be the wrong ones, so the less he does, the better.
Well it's not his fault Laine got hurt after all. Would you rather have Bergevin trying to to a "reset"?

Reactions: the

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
“If Laine is out long term, it changes so much of what the Canadiens were planning for this season. The second line becomes less dangerous. The depth of scoring becomes less deep. The second power-play unit becomes less competition for the first unit. And for Laine, he would have another mental hurdle to clear when he has already cleared so many in such a short period of time.”

Every article today is the same

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
With the knee injury we witnessed last night would Kent Hughes now try and trade for a Zegras type? Or has that ship sailed?
I think the ship has sailed on Zegras.

1) We don't know the extent of Laine's injury. There's a possibility he can contribute this season. Additionally, the LTIR situation is a bit murky if he's not done for the season. Not to say there are cap issues but I think management would be careful about overages for next season if using all of Price/Laine LTIR. Hopefully know more tomorrow.
2) Demidov and Zegras are competing for the same role. It looks to me like Demidov will be here next season and Zegras would be a long-term acquisition.
3) Big hole at RD, especially with Guhle and Reinbacher injured or injury prone. Personally, I'd rather use assets to address that than for Zegras.
4) We have Roy, Kapanen, Farrell, Heineman, and Beck all looking like they're NHL-ready in different roles. Not ideal but filling Laine's spot internally is possible.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Well it's not his fault Laine got hurt after all. Would you rather have Bergevin trying to to a "reset"?
I'd rather have a competent GM, not a corporate lackey.

The injury is not what hurts, it's the heartless reaction of the team that does. Now everyone in the league knows there won't be any serious consequences before they decide to run Shrimp Hutson, or Kapanen, or Caufield, or... The team is filled with players who don't care, and they're dumb enough not to understand why we'll have Tank threads popping sooner than later.

If you've seen, they cut the guys with heart. I guess it's more dangerous in Laval than in Montreal.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think the ship has sailed on Zegras.

1) We don't know the extent of Laine's injury. There's a possibility he can contribute this season. Additionally, the LTIR situation is a bit murky if he's not done for the season. Not to say there are cap issues but I think management would be careful about overages for next season if using all of Price/Laine LTIR. Hopefully know more tomorrow.
2) Demidov and Zegras are competing for the same role. It looks to me like Demidov will be here next season and Zegras would be a long-term acquisition.
3) Big hole at RD, especially with Guhle and Reinbacher injured or injury prone. Personally, I'd rather use assets to address that than for Zegras.
4) We have Roy, Kapanen, Farrell, Heineman, and Beck all looking like they're NHL-ready in different roles. Not ideal but filling Laine's spot internally is possible.
All good points

The injury is not what hurts, it's the heartless reaction of the team that does. Now everyone in the league knows there won't be any serious consequences before they decide to run Shrimp Hutson, or Kapanen, or Caufield, or... The team is filled with players who don't care, and they're dumb enough not to understand why we'll have Tank threads popping sooner than later.

If you've seen, they cut the guys with heart. I guess it's more dangerous in Laval than in Montreal.
No team toughness and it's frowned upon to defend a teammate. The MSL style

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
With the knee injury we witnessed last night would Kent Hughes now try and trade for a Zegras type? Or has that ship sailed?
So that he can get injured too?

All good points

No team toughness and it's frowned upon to defend a teammate. The MSL style
Is t this why Gorton got fired? He refused to bring in tough guys after beat down rags received from capitals?

Reactions: Habs

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Whoa whoa, wtf is going on? I miss one game and wake up to find out that Reinbacher and Laine are already dead? Jesus f***ing christ, man.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
At least ACLs get fixed up np now but fractured ankles if that's indeed the case are no joke for hockey players, what a f***ing drag man
Reinbacher was also seen sporting a knee brace after the game, so looks like it's not a broken ankle.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
So that he can get injured too?

Is t this why Gorton got fired? He refused to bring in tough guys after beat down rags received from capitals?

It was certainly a factor, he's a p***y like MSL and hates tough players.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Xhekaj responded right away.

Also, overall I'm happy with Hughes. Bergevin left behind some terrible contracts, a horrible cap situation, and an awful team.

We're going to be down to Anderson and Gallagher after this year, as far as terrible contracts. They'll be down to 2 years. Hopefully, we can move Anderson with retention.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Xhekaj responded right away.

Also, overall I'm happy with Hughes. Bergevin left behind some terrible contracts, a horrible cap situation, and an awful team.

We're going to be down to Anderson and Gallagher after this year, as far as terrible contracts. They'll be down to 2 years. Hopefully, we can move Anderson with retention.
X isn't making any difference. The team is injury-riddled every season and every season they seem to be ran over by anyone. Add the stupidest coach hirings of the franchise, and potentially some of the dumbest gamble trades and then management of those gambles and it's clear.

Well it has always been clear for me, since Molson became the owner.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
This team lacks toughness, hard to play against, identity player. Especially on that bottom 6. This team has no identity.

It’s time that M.Net GM get creative and make this team tough to play against. A team that will push back when the opposition take liberties.

Thank god X is there. Just hope MSL will not neutered him completely.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This team lacks toughness, hard to play against, identity player. Especially on that bottom 6. This team has no identity.

It’s time that M.Net GM get creative and make this team tough to play against. A team that will push back when the opposition take liberties.

Now that he got fined, I bet corporate does it regardless of who's coaching. Not like anyone defended X right?

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Jesus Christ man what exactly did you expect.

Xhekaj almost pulled a Todd Bertuzzi on the guy who did it.

Slaf and Anderson both dropped the glove.

And that's without even accounting for Pezzetta who would have started chasing had he been dressed.

I'm all for team toughness, and this is precisely what we witnessed yesterday.

Not sure what you expected else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad