Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Most players play with injuries during a season, whether they are minor or major all players accrue injuries during a season and play through them. Strait played through what ever injuries he had and he was horrendous. Also why should I care about Straits injuries when you guys care so little about how Donovan played all of last season with no confidence. Anytime he made one error on the ice Cappy would bench him for the rest of the period. I have no doubt that Donovan if given the opportunity will vastly outplay Strait just as he did this past season.

Alright then.....

ledzep1212

COYB
Apr 5, 2007
Lindenhurst
Alright then.....

Sorry if I came off nasty. I just really don't like Strait, and feel this team can make the playoffs this season, and I feel that having Strait anywhere near the ice for the Islanders will hurt them, and not give the team the ability to have 3 solid pairings that they can put out in just about any situation.

BroadwayJay*

Sorry if I came off nasty. I just really don't like Strait, and feel this team can make the playoffs this season, and I feel that having Strait anywhere near the ice for the Islanders will hurt them, and not give the team the ability to have 3 solid pairings that they can put out in just about any situation.

You're like my favorite person.

BroadwayJay*

haha would have to say the same about you! It is quite nice having someone else on here that uses "advanced stats" to backup their arguments.

I also want it known that I like Gino's pizza in the 11757.

BroadwayJay*

How could I forget that?

I have actually never had that Gino's, we have I believe a different Gino's here in Lindenhurst. I have heard the other one is quite good though, so I will have to check it out.

Is Lindenhurst not still 11757? The one on Wellwood? That place is good. I also like that bagel place in the shopping center nearby.

My brother was living in Lindenhurst for a long time and I went out there regularly.

ledzep1212

COYB
Apr 5, 2007
Lindenhurst
Is Lindenhurst not still 11757? The one on Wellwood? That place is good. I also like that bagel place in the shopping center nearby.

My brother was living in Lindenhurst for a long time and I went out there regularly.

I actually completely missed the 11757 in your post. I mentioned the other place because there is a Ginos pizza in Babylon, but the one here is called Ginos of Lindenhurst. They make some really fantastic food.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Halmo-Quine-Skille
Persson-Sundstrom-Collberg
?-Mouillierat-?
Gallant-Sutter-Clark

Czuczman-Pulock
Pelech-Ness
Pedan-Mayfield

Graham, Leduc

Poulin?
Leggio
Reiter
Milner

I just threw these together and by no means should be taken seriously. I think Czuczman will start out with the Islanders, I could see Lee starting in Bridgeport (because he is protected through waivers), I could see Conacher getting waived and ending up in Bridgeport, I think Pokka will head back to Finland, and Collberg will be out till ~early November.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Conacher is not going to be sent down. He's there to teach the others about work ethic. If I know Cappy, this is the reason why we signed him in the first place. He's not some talentless midget :cool:

out of the main core, I could see Martin being sent down

Anyway...why are we signing more dmen? Holy cow...don't we have enough already?

Do we have enough to properly fill 3 teams?

Out of all the dmen that will play in BP...we know how many we have and we know how many are allowed to stay at the NHL level, BP level and ECHL levels. Who would you guess would be defending at BP and even ECHL levels?

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Conacher is not going to be sent down. He's there to teach the others about work ethic. If I know Cappy, this is the reason why we signed him in the first place. He's not some talentless midget :cool:

out of the main core, I could see Martin being sent down

Anyway...why are we signing more dmen? Holy cow...don't we have enough already?

Do we have enough to properly fill 3 teams?

Out of all the dmen that will play in BP...we know how many we have and we know how many are allowed to stay at the NHL level, BP level and ECHL levels. Who would you guess would be defending at BP and even ECHL levels?

i see Conacher being sent down. if we were full of big forwards, and needed some speed, then i would guess that he stays up. but we need more size up front, IMO. McDonald can go too. Martin will at least be the 13th forward, as he is an improvement on Boulton.

yeah, seems like Snow is going crazy with depth signings. i hope that he is planning on being competetive at all levels. it will definitely help.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
i see Conacher being sent down. if we were full of big forwards, and needed some speed, then i would guess that he stays up. but we need more size up front, IMO. McDonald can go too. Martin will at least be the 13th forward, as he is an improvement on Boulton.

yeah, seems like Snow is going crazy with depth signings. i hope that he is planning on being competetive at all levels. it will definitely help.

Conacher ain't bumping Martin.

Not even on Earth 2.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Martin won't be sent down and there's no way he'll pass through waivers
I don't know how any real Islanders fan could make a comment like that. I'm not a big Martin fan but he does have value around the league. He could easily be traded for an NHL D-man. There's no way we are putting him on waivers to lose him for nothing. He also says Conacher is here to teach the others about work ethic? LOL! He's not some veteran that's been through several Stanley Cup wars. The guy still hasn't earned a regular spot in the NHL.

Last edited:

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I don't know how any real Islanders fan could make a comment like that. I'm not a big Martin fan but he does have value around the league. He could easily be traded for an NHL D-man. There's no way we are putting him on waivers to lose him for nothing. He also says Conacher is here to teach the others about work ethic? LOL! He's not some veteran that's been through several Stanley Cup wars. The guy still hasn't earned a regular spot in the NHL.

Martin's the type of player where fans ALWAYS overrate him. All 30 fanbases do it-not just us. Yes he's a heart and soul player who busts his butt night-in, night-out and every shift. He's a good 4th liner. Nothing more, nothing less. He wouldn't bring in a NHL defenseman without adding to the trade though. I don't see a lot of value in him to other franchises.

Martin's starting to be looked more accurately form Islander fans. A few years ago I remember calling him replaceable/4th liner and you'd think I'd just smacked tons of poster's mothers in the mouth.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
well, either the majority overrate Martin, or the minority don't. ;)

a few years ago, when he broke into the league, guys like him were sorely needed on the Isle. IMO, that's why he was well liked.

until he can be replaced by someone better, he is useful. judging by the fans of other teams (many like him as well), i would say that what he does, for what he's paid, is not an issue that needs resolution.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003

a few years ago, when he broke into the league, guys like him were sorely needed on the Isle. IMO, that's why he was well liked.

until he can be replaced by someone better, he is useful. judging by the fans of other teams (many like him as well), i would say that what he does, for what he's paid, is not an issue that needs resolution.
He's certainly not going to be pushed out of the lineup by Conacher.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

I actually agree that we needed more gritty players like Martin. I think we still do (mainly on D). He's useful, but only on the 4th line. Martin is good for what he does-but like virtually any 4th liner he's replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad